All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just saw them in person while walking with my 11 yo CP and my 17 yo FP. My daughter was horrified and my son said he was embarrassed for those girls.

I think it says everything that needs to be said when a teenage boy can look at a group of absolutely gorgeous girls in that uni, and still realize that it's not appropriate.

Hmm... my posts were very blunt but not particularly nasty and were not altered in any way in this thread. I did not see the other posts but can assume something about them may have been too direct with an edge of nasty? Not really sure ...but I have always felt in general edited posts have been fair. The Fierce Board isn't perfect and I don't always agree but they do their best. I have had a few posts altered but usually they have been able to explain why. Did the person who had their posts altered ask why? Hmm....or am I just being a little naive? :confused:

You're assuming wrong.....

What I had edited was tame and essentially vague compared to what remains.

And yes, of course I questioned. I always do.

You are walking on the edge my friend....LOL

If the words "strip club" are too much for this board, then I'm clearly in the wrong place.
Top Gun is not a gym that plays it safe, or goes with the grain, both in their uniforms and in their routines, but they've also never been a gym to get overly sensitive and defensive if you don't like what they do. They're going to continue to do what they want to do regardless of a few pages worth of criticism on Fierceboard. And that's great, I respect them for that, but don't put your athletes in an outfit I wouldn't be surprised to see on any given down town corner on a Friday night and then expect that the general public should love and adore it, and any comments to the contrary are just "too far" and "unacceptable." A large majority of us here are old enough to understand what a strip club and a... night walker.... are, and those who don't, surely will learn after this uniform. People need to not be so dang sensitive, this is not 1953.

I want to be clear on something. "Xyz comment that didn't get deleted was way more inappropriate, so why did mine?" is about as valid as telling the judges "I've been competing xyz stunt all season and it never got called illegal, so why is it now?"

If you see something you think is inappropriate, PM a moderator, preferably MsTeal or King. I will add that I am only a mod in the all-star section and that's really only because I try and keep the competition forum cleaned up. I don't have the same mod abilities that others too and I don't like to delete any posts, but other mods might not feel the same way.

I did say pages ago to cool it with the bdsm/stripper references. We get it. It's been 10 pages and we're just beating a dead horse at this point. If you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion of the 005 uniform, then let's move on.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Hmm....I may need to take back all my "understanding". I have received negative points from someone for my thoughts on this subject. Even if I had strong connections to this gym....I could be objective enough to understand the uproar. The End.

Hmm... my posts were very blunt but not particularly nasty and were not altered in any way in this thread. I did not see the other posts but can assume something about them may have been too direct with an edge of nasty? Not really sure ...but I have always felt in general edited posts have been fair. The Fierce Board isn't perfect and I don't always agree but they do their best. I have had a few posts altered but usually they have been able to explain why. Did the person who had their posts altered ask why? Hmm....or am I just being a little naive? :confused:
Ehhh I don't think mine had a nasty edge, it was meant to funny more than anything I guess. Mean really isn't my style hah. It was explained why it was altered, which I guess I do agree on the reason, but I didn't think when I posted it that my post was bad considering there had been a long thread discussing the part that got
removed.

There. Fixed that for ya.
tumblr_mimfc9ZGDk1rfduvxo1_500.gif

best post ever

I want to be clear on something. "Xyz comment that didn't get deleted was way more inappropriate, so why did mine?" is about as valid as telling the judges "I've been competing xyz stunt all season and it never got called illegal, so why is it now?"

You're misunderstanding. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying all of the posts are actually fine. And no, it's not the same. If you're going to be a moderator (not you specifically, I mean anyone) then you simply cannot be biased. You can't log on specifically when YOUR program releases a new uniform and moderate those posts only. It wasn't so much of a "we got away with it this long" as a "stop being so biased" comment. If it was just a matter of oops we finally got "caught" I'd be fine. But it's not. It's very specifically geared towards top gun. And it's every year. It's getting old.

You're misunderstanding. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying all of the posts are actually fine. And no, it's not the same. If you're going to be a moderator (not you specifically, I mean anyone) then you simply cannot be biased. You can't log on specifically when YOUR program releases a new uniform and moderate those posts only. It wasn't so much of a "we got away with it this long" as a "stop being so biased" comment. If it was just a matter of oops we finally got "caught" I'd be fine. But it's not. It's very specifically geared towards top gun. And it's every year. It's getting old.

But all of the posts aren't fine. I said yesterday to cool it with the stripper references. I don't agree with the way Weezy handled it, but 10 pages of stripper comparisons are absolutely unnecessary.

But all of the posts aren't fine. I said yesterday to cool it with the stripper references. I don't agree with the way Weezy handled it, but 10 pages of stripper comparisons are absolutely unnecessary.

But if people keep defending it, we should get to keep making the point over and over. So either people are conceding the stripper comparison and that's why you're tired of hearing it or people are disagreeing and we have to keep repeating it.

Which is it?

The Fierce Board: if a team cheers and isn't talked about, does it still get a medal?

Latest posts

Back