All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Didn't there used to be a whole thread on this?

My freshman year we could wear the uniforms. In the winter time we wore the shells with the crops sleeves underneath (I forget their name) and our warm up pants (kinda also went against dress code as my stomach showed...). However, it changed the next year and now we/they can't wear them because other girls complained. Our skirts were actually supposed to be the correct length for school but because some of us were smaller (height and weight wise) we had to get smaller skirts. Now, our high school wasn't 50 years old, it was 5 years old when I started. The district is the one that sets the rules. However, another school 5 minutes down the road was able to wear their uniforms and they were from the same company and had a similar style (not sure if this is entirely correct about them wearing it, I just remember my friend from all stars wore hers to school and my brother's school's cheerleaders wore theirs to school and they were a similar style). I agree that the uniforms should be ordered to conform to dress code, or make an exception saying that they're a uniform ordered specifically by the school for them.

I was allowed to wear my uniform once to school all day in my four years of cheering, and it was only because we were at the school at 6:00 a.m. for a news interview, so they just let us come to school in it and keep it on. We were also allowed to wear our uniforms during the pep rallies. We never really asked to wear our uniforms though, we were fine wearing a cheer t-shirt and bow on game/comp days.

My high school squad wears our uniform with our warm ups to school, even if our skirts are long enough. And it doesn't matter the weather we still wear the warm ups.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We wear our uniforms to school. We got new uniforms this year, and our coach made sure all of our uniforms were ordered correctly to size and skirts were long enough.

Before we got new uniforms though, some teachers complained because girls skirts were too short and we had to wear pants underneath. The issue with hs cheer is that unless a team is getting new uniforms, the uniforms aren't fitted exactly to each person. Therefore they have to find the best for which isn't always the longest skirt.

Cheer Athletics Claw6

yuva.jpg

I wasn't even thinking about the wearing to school aspect. lol! None of the schools around here allow that. I was thinking of the banning of uniforms based on not meeting a school dress code and thinking that most game-time uniforms would not meet the school dress code at any of our local schools.

My cps just transferred out of a school which was not supportive of cheer at all and the principal even told me that if the current sponsors (coaches) quit that she wouldn't try to replace them. So, I was thinking it was more of an attack on school cheer uniforms in general.

Did anybody else notice that the necklines on the guys are different? There are 2 different designs. Does anybody know why that is?

It kind of looks like some of the guys may have on a black T-shirt underneath their top so it looks like it's not a V neck like the rest.

Wait... so schools in the states actually have their cheerleaders wear their uniform to school? :confused:
On game days it's pretty common. Our football players would usually wear their jerseys too. Just to raise awareness for the game that night usually.

Back