All-Star 2014/2015 Practicewear

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In what world is this cheer practicewear? It looks more like an over-the-top swimsuit for a 6 year-old. For the love of all things decent I would never even suggest something like this, lol.
It's not for cheer it's dance practice wear! I totally thought the same thing but went back and read the original post while I picked my jaw up off the floor

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Please tell me she's young bc that top would support nothing and there's no hiding a real bra under it

Nope,it for the girl in my profile pic. She's a small "C", but still needs some type of support. I don't know how this will work since, my cp does dance mom on steroids type of dancing..turns,leaps,jumps,tumbling and lifts....any ideas on support will be appreciated.

FYI:For all of you slack jawed,if you hear the word briefs,double check,that it isn't these! From being in the cheer and dance world for so long,I've notice that trends,are shared...if not this season,next season,you may see a overachiever coach,wanting to try it out.

Nope,it for the girl in my profile pic. She's a small "C", but still needs some type of support. I don't know how this will work since, my cp does dance mom on steroids type of dancing..turns,leaps,jumps,tumbling and lifts....any ideas on support will be appreciated.

FYI:For all of you slack jawed,if you hear the word briefs,double check,that it isn't these! From being in the cheer and dance world for so long,I've notice that trends,are shared...if not this season,next season,you may see a overachiever coach,wanting to try it out.
Yikes... Good luck... I don't even know what I would do.

Unless a kid is an A cup, it's a "wardrobe malfunction" waiting to happen!

LMAO Lawd, NO! What happened to high waisted shorts?
See the good thing about these is that they are,interchangeable....flip them up and they're high waisted briefs,flip them down and they're regular waisted briefs! :rolleyes:

@oncecoolcoachnowmom
CP's been texting friends;they think ACE bandage and/or clear back bras should work-I've emailed the maker to see what they suggest,so we'll see if I get a reply or if I'm on cover up duty this summer.

What worries me with this trend,is that it may creep into the cheer world...high waisted shorts started in the dance world and moved to the cheer world....cheer bows have been huge in the dance world for the past season or two...can you imagine briefs in the cheer world?! :eek:

In what world is this cheer practicewear? It looks more like an over-the-top swimsuit for a 6 year-old. For the love of all things decent I would never even suggest something like this, lol.
Tad harsh. It's pretty. But is it functional? And will each athlete and parent feel comfortable in it?

As a former cheerleader. Idk how other former cheerleaders, current athletes, or parents feel. But personally, I did not like anything that was super short, odd, or

On my soap box, when I cheered I remember this drunk person made an inappropriate comment to me like "I want me some cheerleader" and I was 14 years old.

So my point is will everyone feel comfortable wearing this? It's cute and unique! And maybe really functional but for me an athlete needs to wear something that they feel comfortable over how fashionable it is.

I get happier that I cheered when none of this sports bra/no inseam spandex was around every time i see some of the unis and practice wear. lol

12199qd.jpg
tinypic.com

@Official OWECheer this is one of the outfits,cp will be using for team rehearsals this summer...can you see why I'm super excited! :rolleyes:

ETA:it didn't work! And I don't know how to make it work...sorry y'all... :(

12199qd.jpg

Briefs are super popular in dance. My best friend/former roommate was on the competitive dance team for our university and then did the NFL tryout circuit and they basically all required brief style bottoms and most wore decorative bra tops, not even sports bras. Like triangle cut tops. It was crazy to me how much skin they showed for tryouts but I guess that's similar to what they wear in an NFL uniform.

Tad harsh. It's pretty. But is it functional? And will each athlete and parent feel comfortable in it?

As a former cheerleader. Idk how other former cheerleaders, current athletes, or parents feel. But personally, I did not like anything that was super short, odd, or

On my soap box, when I cheered I remember this drunk person made an inappropriate comment to me like "I want me some cheerleader" and I was 14 years old.

So my point is will everyone feel comfortable wearing this? It's cute and unique! And maybe really functional but for me an athlete needs to wear something that they feel comfortable over how fashionable it is.

I'm sorry if I came off brash there. I can see how that would function in dance, but in cheer... Just no. I just thought how insanely revealing briefs would be when one of my girls pulled her bow; or saw that tie in the back getting caught when someone full-downs or I have to spot their tumbling and the top coming loose. I can definitely understand this look for dance, though maybe not the execution of it. But, in my (very limited) experience with dance the clothing aims for beauty/cuteness/elegance while cheerwear aims more for athleticism/uniformity/fierceness.

Anywho, all that to say, I'm sorry and I really didn't mean to offend anyone! Please don't hate me! <3

I'm sorry if I came off brash there. I can see how that would function in dance, but in cheer... Just no. I just thought how insanely revealing briefs would be when one of my girls pulled her bow; or saw that tie in the back getting caught when someone full-downs or I have to spot their tumbling and the top coming loose. I can definitely understand this look for dance, though maybe not the execution of it. But, in my (very limited) experience with dance the clothing aims for beauty/cuteness/elegance while cheerwear aims more for athleticism/uniformity/fierceness.

Anywho, all that to say, I'm sorry and I really didn't mean to offend anyone! Please don't hate me! <3
Oh gosh no! You can voice your opinion! I just felt bad the person seemed excited! I totally agree functional for dancers. It looks like it's for a dancer. But I feel like in cheer you have to touch people and there would be a lot of exposed skin. So that wouldn't be comfortable for the athlete at all. I agree.

Back