All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can't wait for the season to start!!

I watched the first minute and every single thing except for a random single tumble pass or jump was marked. I am honestly not trying to be rude - is this what you meant to post? I am hoping Fantasy has a great season!

I watched the first minute and every single thing except for a random single tumble pass or jump was marked. I am honestly not trying to be rude - is this what you meant to post? I am hoping Fantasy has a great season!
are you joking? They look unbeatable right now and it's only October.

ETA: Worlds prediction now, top 3 hands down.

Last edited:

It's just a "promo" video I made so yeah I meant to post it. All the skills are ready to go in anticipation for the showcase on November 8th!!

My daughter has a hard time pulling her toes over in her full. Any tips, drills, different ways to word it? Thanks

I don't have much experience coaching skills above level 4, but I'd have to see a video of her doing it.
My best guess is athletes who struggle to pull their toes over are entering their fulls arched. Arching into your set automatically puts your toes behind your head, rather than a straight-bodied set where your toes are already in line with the rest of your body, so when the twist is initiated, as long as you're fulling properly, there is less of a whip of the feet needed.

I don't have much experience coaching skills above level 4, but I'd have to see a video of her doing it.
My best guess is athletes who struggle to pull their toes over are entering their fulls arched. Arching into your set automatically puts your toes behind your head, rather than a straight-bodied set where your toes are already in line with the rest of your body, so when the twist is initiated, as long as you're fulling properly, there is less of a whip of the feet needed.
My daughter can do a great laid out layout when it's a Ro BHS layout, but when she does whip through to layouts I feel like it looks like crap or when she started doing whip punch layouts (with a spot) she does the same thing and I want her layout to look different then her whip and not piked over

Any ideas? Since you are giving advice!! Lol
She knows how to do it when that's all she is doing but when she does this she says it's hard!

Eta: we don't do privates just open gym so that's why she doesn't really ever hear it from coaches because she is attempting it by herself! It's not that they aren't correcting it but that's not really what they do in open gyms lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This year is all about creativity. I think it's definitely impressive. Much harder to synchro than say a standard round off handspring in. I think we are going to be seeing a lot of creative ltd's this season that are not necessarily "level appropriate" but that still technically hit the score sheet as they are more on the creative side of the scoresheet as opposed to the hardest skill possible side.
:kiss::kiss:
Finally someone is catching on!!

ETA: Worlds prediction now, top 3 hands down.

ETA: Worlds prediction now, top 3 hands down.[/QUOTE

Pretty snappy... I seem to remember less than a year ago posted videos of teams marking had people predicting world domination. Coach answered the issue in this thread.

I'd say most of the issue is coaching. And coaches, I'm about to give you possibly the most simple yet mind blowing and useful tip you'll ever hear about layouts.
IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT TOES.
I have heard so many coaches talking about pulling the toes over. "Set, then pull your toes over" is an extremely incorrect way of telling an athlete how to layout. An athlete needs to understand how to pull their toes and hips over simultaneously to create a hollow body position ideal for flipping in.
So next time that you tell your athletes to pull their toes over after their set, remember athletes have these things called HIPS as well. You're damaging any potential that athlete has to move past level 4 if you don't.

THANK YOU! PRAISE JESUS! SOMEONE SAID IT!

i know we've kind of moved on from the layout discussion, but this is proper form:
tumblr_mkay82Hz1s1rttrrso1_400.gif

and they can do it on a dead floor that perfectly synced.

Back