All-Star 2015-2016 Age Grid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are you talking about in the senior 5 division? They split it into small, medium, and large when the numbers allow. I don't think that's a change.

No, I need to work on reading better. Lol!

It's according to the number of male members you're allowed.

ETA: I feel like a more accurate term for the divisions would be just keep "International Open Coed" and add "International Open Limited Coed", because total number of athletes allowed is still the same, the emphasis is on limiting the "coed" part.

Small coed and Large coed in college are both based on the number of guys, but the max team size is still 20. So I prefer sticking with small/large in that regard. But I can see why it's confusing when comparing it with naming conventions in the lower divisions.

ETA: But I never really paid attention to the non-open divisions when it was limited/semi-limited, so that naming convention has always confused me.

My cp only has next season left in the junior team [emoji17] makes me sad! She missed the cut off age by a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has one more year then I guess too. Doesn't mean I want her on a junior team but it's possible for her age... ;)
I think with her age and when she will graduate, she can actually super super senior. lol

I can see jR5 being a thing here. Like, gyms may not have enough kids to have unrestricted youth or junior teams, and those kids are often too young for senior teams (although, less so with the bottom age remaining 10).

I can see jR5 being a thing here. Like, gyms may not have enough kids to have unrestricted youth or junior teams, and those kids are often too young for senior teams (although, less so with the bottom age remaining 10).
The bottom age is why I question the Jr R5. If the senior age had changed to 13 or 14 then Junior Restricted would make perfect sense. But if a 10 year old can be on a restricted team then having a junior restricted is basically a duplicate division with the exception of a few under 10 kids with level 5 skills.
My bet is you are going to see a lot of gyms with a Junior 5R and a Senior 5R and there will be more than 50% crossovers between the 2 teams.

The bottom age is why I question the Jr R5. If the senior age had changed to 13 or 14 then Junior Restricted would make perfect sense. But if a 10 year old can be on a restricted team then having a junior restricted is basically a duplicate division with the exception of a few under 10 kids with level 5 skills.
My bet is you are going to see a lot of gyms with a Junior 5R and a Senior 5R and there will be more than 50% crossovers between the 2 teams.

I totally agree. Raise the senior age. No point otherwise.

Or an entire J5R composed mostly of J5 kids.

The sandbagging possibilities are endless.

I think most kids who r of age, would want a sr 5 over jr R5 for the chance to go to Worlds. If given the choice.

Small coed and Large coed in college are both based on the number of guys, but the max team size is still 20. So I prefer sticking with small/large in that regard. But I can see why it's confusing when comparing it with naming conventions in the lower divisions.

ETA: But I never really paid attention to the non-open divisions when it was limited/semi-limited, so that naming convention has always confused me.
Basically the size ("small" & "large") indicated the number of athletes allowed, while the limit ("limited", "semi-limited" & "unlimited") indicated the number of males that were allowed. I liked it because it was very systematic, for e.g. Large (36) limited (4 boys) coed, small (20) limited (4 boys) coed or large (36) semi-limited (6? 8? 12? boys, can't remember) coed..... but there really were waaaaay too many divisions.

ETA: I've always felt semi-limited allowed teams like Georgia Allstars and ACE Warriors to shine, because limited coed was always dominated by the current medium coed front-runners and unlimited coed was always dominated by the current large coed front-runners.

Back