All-Star 2015-2016 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is super random but I have seen posts about people being all of the gems at FCA throughout the years. Can anyone answer how this works with their uniforms being different colors. If you do multiple teams in a year, or say your a different gem each year they have the same style uniform do you have to purchase every single uniform or is their a borrow/trading system to offset the costs?

Not as many colors/uniforms as FCA but my niece is at a gym with 2 different uniform tops (one for youth/juniors and one for seniors.) This year she is crossing to seniors and needs both tops. She bought the senior team top used from another parent with a similarly sized daughter.

So level 5 all have different unis and 1-4 the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last season Y5 and worlds teams had different uniforms. Level 1-4 and Junior 5 all wore the same uniform. I bought Red's level 1-4 used and the YE new 2 years ago so I had a year with no uniform to buy. This year, looks like 2 new uniforms because of the new cover up rule.

So you have to pay for 2/3 unis? Are all the unis different for every team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The one year we were there I bought four uniforms. Although the Phoenix one (was medium coed at the time) and the new black coed elite one they're still wearing (debuted at NCA our year there) are still among my favorites of their cheer career so I'm not complaining. I could've sold three of them back used, lord knows I got calls for ex-cp's especially but I have every uniform they've ever worn shadow boxed and these are now as well.

This is super random but I have seen posts about people being all of the gems at FCA throughout the years. Can anyone answer how this works with their uniforms being different colors. If you do multiple teams in a year, or say your a different gem each year they have the same style uniform do you have to purchase every single uniform or is their a borrow/trading system to offset the costs?

I used to cheer at FCA and really it is preference and availability. If available you can sell your uniform and buy used if the size and color is available. If not, you have to buy a new uniform. I never had a problem getting a used uniform. I know that the coaches try to keep the same "gems" every year around the same age group in order to assist with the uniform changes. My final year there was 2010, so this may have changed.

I don't think all of them are crossovers, or that all of them necessarily belong on a level 3 or higher team. I don't feel like the crossovers from level 3 that were mentioned upthread are being held back by doing a level 3 team and a level 2 team. I don't honestly see that scenario as a huge problem, unless it is blatantly being done to stack a team to win. I don't think any of the kids from showstoppers lat year were also on a level 5, unless I am mistaken. Do you really think that a kid's skill development is compromised by helping out on a lower level team while still competing in their level appropriate team?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Showstoppers had at least 3 kids who were also on sr. R5 ( the sr.r5 also won the summit) but the majority were from j3 . This is not a case of helping out a lower level team. They were designed to win the big competitions.It was all within the rules and they are certainly not the only gym doing it.All star is a lucrative business and winning is a major factor in the gyms overall success.

Last edited:
I'm always curious what a "true level" team means. How does anyone outside the parents/coaches know a team's true level? Just because a gym don't use crossovers doesn't mean that the majority of the cheerleaders on a level 3 team havent been on a level 3 team more than one season, have a speciality passes through to fulls and are working on double downs in stunt class?
I get what you're saying but I think the assumption that if you don't use crossovers means the team is truly at the level they are competing isn't entirely accurate.
The isn't directed at GT Glitter. Just a general observation from the previous post.

To me a true level of a team is the level that that particular group of athletes have mastered - not solely based on an individual athlete's ability. I hope each of the kids on a Y3 team are working level 4 & above in tumbling & stunting class. I believe that athletes should be training at the top of or above the level they are competing. Safety wise, I would like to hope that all teams competing, no matter the level, have a mastery of the current level they are putting on the floor.

Showstoppers had at least 3 kids who were also on sr. R5 ( the sr.r5 also won the summit) but the majority were from j3 . This is not a case of helping out a lower level team. They were designed to win the big competitions.It was all within the rules and they are certainly not the only gym doing it.All star is a lucrative business and winning is a major factor in the gyms overall success.
I don't know why but reading your comment I have Youth Silver from CTR running through my head.

**And this is why we don't have nice things**

Can someone from CEA confirm if AH will be on either team? I saw her on JTV's vid and there seems to be lots of promising athletes

Can someone from CEA confirm if AH will be on either team? I saw her on JTV's vid and there seems to be lots of promising athletes
She posted on her IG that she's on two teams this year. SE and IOC5 I think for the second one?

Back