All-Star 2015-2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lol... My 7-year-old also thinks one handed cartwheels are really cool! Why though? Do they score higher in level 1?

I'm not sure. I tried getting a hold of someone I know who judges to see if it would affect creativity or difficulty but never heard back. I am hoping my routine that it will increase both ;)

I wonder if SE's dance is going to be sped up? It seems very slow and truth be told looks more like a lower level dance. Maybe the angle of the video?

I was excited for the dance when I heard the song, but for now it's a bit of a dud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it is new this year that tumbling skills do not have to pass through a 2-handed handstand. So all normal level 1 skills can be done with only 1-hand. My mini's are ECSTATIC about the rule change lol. They live for 1-handed cartwheels.

I'm 24 and I live for one handed cartwheels.
--
I liked SE's old pyramid just fine, but this new one is very visual.
I just wish SE would just UNLEASH in their dance and stop playing it safe/boring. The girls in the front in the beginning kind of do, but if the whole team would just go nuts that would be incredible.

Sr. Elite and Great whites have the same pyramid song but I kind of like it better in the Great Whites mix maybe because it sounds finished haha

Last edited:

Center flyer in the elite! I see you girl

2ac77333a206db83360947d74602f430.gif

who choreographed SE dance in 2014, i remember seeing a jtv video of them learning a new dance before NCA....

if they are going to use nirvana as dance music they need a better dance, cause their dancing style just doesnt look right with that kind of music. I love how clean SE pyramid is this early in the season, but its kind of under whelming for me, cause they usually have the most jam packed, impressive pyramids of large senior.

This is all out of sincerity and genuine curiosity because I am still learning a lot about the industry!

But...is it just me - or does every year...music release for teams themselves seem to be getting later and later? I mean that 8 track is going here in almost December...even for some more "well-known" teams....yet....other teams have already had new/additional edits to theirs and what not. I guess I am genuinely confused by the whole process and only bring it up in this thread because of the multiple previous comments about how critical music is to a routine- no matter if the team's skills are insane or not.

I also feel like if I was an athlete/coach/gym owner of a team using that track still...I would be starting to get frustrated. Lol - but that's me I guess! Ultimately, does anyone know if there is a reason behind this other than the lawsuit stuff? Too much demand - not enough time for editors? Would you get a refund if it wasn't done by your first competition - haha?!

I also greatly appreciate the creativity and innovation that comes alongs with the use of props...and I am not saying people in the back of a section (particularly running tumbling) cannot dance or do their thang really well...but I continually find it difficult to focus on anything else when these things are present in a routine.

(Only using Stars because it's the most relevant/recent example in the thread) I mean that Gaga banner is massive and I found myself staring at it from the start until they revealed it, and then realized I was completely disregarding everything else. I am starting to find all that extra jazz completely unnecessary for all-star routines (of course .. naturally when they seem to be super prevalent lately haha!) - mostly because it seems like an over the top attempt to one-up each other and bring flash to a routine if that makes any sense. Just let the technique & skills do the talking! In my opinion, it just doesn't seem worth the risk to include these things for the most part! I would love to hear other opinions, too!

Lastly - haven't teams received suggestions to remove props after day one of competitions in the past? Is this a common complaint from judging panels? I would be curious to hear a judge's perspective on how they ensure they do not get distracted by a prop or a kitschy dance instead of the skills being thrown - and understand what they view as effective incorporation of these things into a routine.

who choreographed SE dance in 2014, i remember seeing a jtv video of them learning a new dance before NCA....

if they are going to use nirvana as dance music they need a better dance, cause their dancing style just doesnt look right with that kind of music. I love how clean SE pyramid is this early in the season, but its kind of under whelming for me, cause they usually have the most jam packed, impressive pyramids of large senior.
i believe it was luke johnson and i agree with you about the pyramid, it looks like they put it together in one practice

i believe it was luke johnson and i agree with you about the pyramid, it looks like they put it together in one practice

Idk i actually really like their pyramid... its kinda stingray ish but not really .. nice high and clean skills (for the most part).. and i can actually see what is going on... i think if they used the faster tempo version of that song, it would flow better.

Back