High School 2016-17 High School New Uniforms/ Trends

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Weird question but have any of you had staining issues caused by hitting shoulder stands in white uniforms?
We have not with our white uniforms because our basketball shoes are only wore on a bball court and generally do not get too dirty.

In HS we had to have shoes just for competitions (so we had a game shoe, usually last years comp shoe) and a competition shoe so if we would have done shoulder stands I think we would have been good.

This is THE first year we have a fully integrated program into A real "bought in" program. In previous years we still had individuals thinking they could get "a pass" with...(kids quitting because they didn't understand it took so much time, or they couldn't be the "top person", or they didn't just get Poms and get to go to football games"... I kid you not ... I said "now extend to a liberty" and they looked at me like I was crazy.. They didn't know the proper term for lib was Liberty. The school didn't own "mats" for goodness sake! They didn't know what a "panel" was. In my eyes... Purchasing mats comes before buying any kind of outfitting. ( this year I bought mats) But it's different now... They get it And they understand... Because of their hard work and dedication I feel they are in a new place... They have earned respect.. Not just from the people around them but from each other. I want them to feel good about themselves. They deserve it, they have grown so much. The details mater. It's silly, I know... Rhinestones on a uniform, and at the end of the day does that matter THAT much, no. However, they care about cheerleading like a true sport. Every season matters... But this year this program is actually a program with kids that have all now been under my direction... They're able to lead others that come in.
No more "the other advisor let us wear jewelry"... "My freshman year the other advisor made me the star"...while I had to respond with "well now, there are no "stars" ...

I mean, I can't complain too much b/c Kids actually acclimated to me very well, and I've been more than blessed in my transition the past few years...but It's kind of officially home now, The kids feel it this year too. All the hard is easy, and foreign is familiar... There's chemistry... Hope this kinda makes sense?

This is my past season and upcoming season exactly. I am new to this program and have taken over from a longtime and much beloved coach who was a fine coach but didn't push the athleticism and skills aspect of cheerleading. We're in the process of a complete changeover in the program, so I feel the same way about our new uniforms. I feel like the signal the start of something new.

This is THE first year we have a fully integrated program into A real "bought in" program. In previous years we still had individuals thinking they could get "a pass" with...(kids quitting because they didn't understand it took so much time, or they couldn't be the "top person", or they didn't just get Poms and get to go to football games"... I kid you not ... I said "now extend to a liberty" and they looked at me like I was crazy.. They didn't know the proper term for lib was Liberty. The school didn't own "mats" for goodness sake! They didn't know what a "panel" was. In my eyes... Purchasing mats comes before buying any kind of outfitting. ( this year I bought mats) But it's different now... They get it And they understand... Because of their hard work and dedication I feel they are in a new place... They have earned respect.. Not just from the people around them but from each other. I want them to feel good about themselves. They deserve it, they have grown so much. The details mater. It's silly, I know... Rhinestones on a uniform, and at the end of the day does that matter THAT much, no. However, they care about cheerleading like a true sport. Every season matters... But this year this program is actually a program with kids that have all now been under my direction... They're able to lead others that come in.
No more "the other advisor let us wear jewelry"... "My freshman year the other advisor made me the star"...while I had to respond with "well now, there are no "stars" ...

I mean, I can't complain too much b/c Kids actually acclimated to me very well, and I've been more than blessed in my transition the past few years...but It's kind of officially home now, The kids feel it this year too. All the hard is easy, and foreign is familiar... There's chemistry... Hope this kinda makes sense?
I still come back and read this comment, it makes me so happy for you guys.

I still come back and read this comment, it makes me so happy for you guys.
thank you. nothing is perfect...and it will ALWAYS be work, but I'm really proud of these kids and their potential to guide others. Priorities: 1. Make better People 2.Make better Cheerleaders ....as long as we keep taking care of number 1, I feel like #2 will always happen for us. I'm Excited

I fell in love with our Unis last season, so we are wearing them another year. The skirt is the sane fir both tops. They look flattering on my girls and sharp on the floor.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I am leaning seriously toward Under Armour uniforms after looking at their catalog and talking with a rep from GK. The uniforms look sharp and I feel like UA generally produces good quality products.

They sent some designs today and they are very, very cute. I am looking at a uniform from their sublimated ArmourFuse line because they are $150 with the design/lettering, which is our athletic director's top budget.

Anyone have Under Armour experiences or pictures you'd care to share?

I am leaning seriously toward Under Armour uniforms after looking at their catalog and talking with a rep from GK. The uniforms look sharp and I feel like UA generally produces good quality products.

They sent some designs today and they are very, very cute. I am looking at a uniform from their sublimated ArmourFuse line because they are $150 with the design/lettering, which is our athletic director's top budget.

The schools in UA around us love them! Budget friendly and super cute, no complaints about anything. Do it!

The girls have been told that they aren't getting new uniforms this year. They will have to get a special liner since one of the new shells from last year has a scoop neck. They had a v-neck midriff and it really didn't go under it.

My cp will be a junior next year and should end up getting a new uniform for her senior year.

girls have been told that they aren't getting new uniforms this year. They will have to get a special liner since one of the new shells from last year has a scoop neck. They had a v-neck midriff and it really didn't go under it.

My cp will be a junior next year and should end up getting a new uniform for her senior year.
I'm liking the new coach already.

@cheerKT you work for UA, right?!

Thanks @LeahofthePack! Full disclosure, I'm a UA rep - but I've heard nothing but good things now into the second year with UA cheer. The fabric gives and stretches really well without with fading you sometimes find on stretched sublimation. Here's some of my favorite pictures!
12923295_10103190264117100_8801017625226617718_n.jpg

10478182_10102642978756350_8603691167361133115_n.jpg

11079672_10101163722423048_7487887563395313075_n.jpg

Most girls that try them on are instantly surprised by how comfortable they are. I just really, REALLY wish UA was an option when I cheered, haha.

Thanks @LeahofthePack! Full disclosure, I'm a UA rep - but I've heard nothing but good things now into the second year with UA cheer. The fabric gives and stretches really well without with fading you sometimes find on stretched sublimation. Here's some of my favorite pictures!
12923295_10103190264117100_8801017625226617718_n.jpg

10478182_10102642978756350_8603691167361133115_n.jpg

11079672_10101163722423048_7487887563395313075_n.jpg

Most girls that try them on are instantly surprised by how comfortable they are. I just really, REALLY wish UA was an option when I cheered, haha.

Love the look for the first and the third. All uniforms look very comfy!! It would be nice to try one on, granted I still think varsity powerfit is like cheering in a cloud

Back