OT 2016 Rio Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The swimming situations seems like a huge hot mess. And one that may have much further reaching consequences than what would have only happened had they had to atone for the broken door and fight with the guard.

Brazil DQed. USA gets to rerun tonight.

The Brazilian government is never giving our swimmers back now.
Good - we don't want them. What a bunch of toolbags. Brazil got such so much grief over security worries, so to have a bunch of American athletes lie and say they were a victim of crime when they were the criminals is disgusting. I would give them the maximum punishment allowable

and I would take away all of Lochte's individual medals that he won in Rio #ohwait.....

im confused why they would even lie about breaking a gas station door more then likely in a drunken stupor in the first place.
i mean how do you go from oops i broke a door intentionally to i got robbed at gunpoint....

i dont know the laws of brazil but more then likely all they would have faced is a fine for the damages. I feel bad for the two other swimmers, brazil will probably go hard on them intentionally, while lochte is sitting at home.

im confused why they would even lie about breaking a gas station door more then likely in a drunken stupor in the first place.
i mean how do you go from oops i broke a door intentionally to i got robbed at gunpoint....

i dont know the laws of brazil but more then likely all they would have faced is a fine for the damages. I feel bad for the two other swimmers, brazil will probably go hard on them intentionally, while lochte is sitting at home.
The story was that the robber made away with all the guy's cash and Lochte's wallet. Apparently they agreed to pay for the damage in cash on the spot, which would explain why all their money is gone. If Lochte did concoct the story, maybe he just ditched his wallet too and decided that was what they would go with.

Doesn't make sense, obviously, but that's what I'm thinking.

It's probably fines for the property damage but probably a little jail time for lying to the police.

If it is true, Lochte could lose sponsorships which is MUCH worse, IMO, than serving a couple months in jail and some fines.

I'm really unsure who I believe in this whole thing though because I'm not completely trusting of the Brazillian government or their police force. Or the media. Or the accounts of a drunken night. There's nothing I really believe right now except that something happened. I'll wait for more info.

It's probably fines for the property damage but probably a little jail time for lying to the police.

If it is true, Lochte could lose sponsorships which is MUCH worse, IMO, than serving a couple months in jail and some fines.

I'm really unsure who I believe in this whole thing though because I'm not completely trusting of the Brazillian government or their police force. Or the media. Or the accounts of a drunken night. There's nothing I really believe right now except that something happened. I'll wait for more info.
I don't think any of them will see jail time. Probably hefty fines, suspensions from US swimming, sponsorship loss, maaaybe forfeiture of medals if US swimming makes them. I could be wrong, but they probably agreed to lessen charges against the guys still in Rio for coming clean about the whole thing.

from what I understand there is video of them trashing the gas station so I'd say the swimmers are the liars.

found video.
US Swimmer Fought With Security Guard on Night of Alleged Robbery: Police Source - ABC News

I'm heart broken for the US women's volleyball team =(

Not that it really matters, but Brazilian officials DID confirm that the guards at the gas station drew guns on the swimmers
Ryan Lochte, US Swimmers Investigation: Latest on Alleged Robbery at Gunpoint | Bleacher Report
ehh so lochte told the half truth if anything, granted of course the security footage doesnt show the confrontation because its out of view... so unless their was another security camera that caught the rest of it, itll be two different stories regardless.

Good - we don't want them. What a bunch of toolbags. Brazil got such so much grief over security worries, so to have a bunch of American athletes lie and say they were a victim of crime when they were the criminals is disgusting. I would give them the maximum punishment allowable

and I would take away all of Lochte's individual medals that he won in Rio #ohwait.....

THIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ehh so lochte told the half truth if anything, granted of course the security footage doesnt show the confrontation because its out of view... so unless their was another security camera that caught the rest of it, itll be two different stories regardless.
Doesn't excuse the lying, but I'm willing to bet that's where the "held at gunpoint" story came from

Back