All-Star After Tumbling...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I miss when people dusted their hand then did a "no sweat" aha

Um definitely have a video of me doing this after my beastly ro bhs bhs...years and years ago :oops: haha Not even sure what I was thinking, but it was in our choreo I'm pretty sure. I like a cross pop shimmy, not too big on hair flips...some people take a hair flips to a whole new level and it's not cute. The absolute only way the "call me" is okay is on youth/junior 5 teams after a fierce little boys pass! hahaha

i prefer land turn hips, clean and walk away.

if you have natural/genuine looking motions/emotions then i think it looks fine if you wave or wink etc, cause some people look great doing it.

but i HATE stupid choreographed things like over the top crazy things and snapping/shimmying. or when people have to wait for other people and do something rah-tarded

i like the simple "super man pop" with hands on hips and a smile, it shows your happiness but isnt over the top and doesnt take away from the other tumblers going or anything else in the routine that is happening.

I like to present with a superman-style-hands on the hips BAM. And then run away cleanly but very quickly so that I don't get wiped out!

just a standard hands on hips and cute smile. it's clean but still shows confidence

it bothers me when people do a "mini routine" at the end of their pass. there is no need for a shimmy, hair whip, spin around, look cute and then pose for another few counts.

im a huge fan of one hand on the hip and a low open handed wave... keep it subtle and modest... but if your one of the first passes because your not throwing the harder skills in your level... i really don't let my kids do anything, clean it up and get to your next spot...

they get in trouble too if they do something during the routine that they don;t normally do in practice.

At BUBT, I watched this guy give an Emmy winning performance after his "okay" pass. The next guy in the tumbling section literally made my jaw drop at his skill and he did a slight nod and turned to go to his next position. I laughed so hard, and it made me realize that the tumblers with fierce shimmy aspirations should think about who is going after them just to make sure their equivalent of spiking the football after a touchdown does not, uh, look silly.:D

4265_195434895600_567530600_6850117_2788365_n.jpg

This is what my daughter did in 2009 when her hair was short. It really looked good in the routine :)

Back