All-Star Anyone Else Hear About A Cheerleader Faking Cancer/death For Instagram Followers?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I actually took the time to look at her instagram ( I have access to my CP's account, I'm a little too old!) She used to do Allstar cheer but lately did high school cheer. She is actually talented, I watched her videos.
I think she is just young and doesn't know any better about "hero" worship. I've seen how pitiful some of those followers are. I have seen some that post "please notice me" it is really sad.

I find it strange, too. My CP (9) has asked for an Instagram acct for her upcoming birthday because so many of her teammates have one, and a few can't even read yet. I have to assume their parents run the accounts! CP also asked for an X-ray machine (?! hello, radiation) and a horse, and all of her birthday requests thus far, sadly, have been declined. Hope she will survive!

I find it strange, too. My CP (9) has asked for an Instagram acct for her upcoming birthday because so many of her teammates have one, and a few can't even read yet. I have to assume their parents run the accounts! CP also asked for an X-ray machine (?! hello, radiation) and a horse, and all of her birthday requests thus far, sadly, have been declined. Hope she will survive!

Hahahaha!!! My daughter has one (she's 13) and I watch it. She has too many followers, IMO (1k), and I monitor who follows her and delete at will. I'm not a fan.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I feel like this HAS to be happening with some of the really young girls local to me with 10k followers.

Not necceasrily. Look at the followers of the one in question and I bet you they are all cheerleaders following her. My guess is when you buy followers, you get what you get, you don't get to pick cheerleaders or gymnasts to follow etc.

I'm not interested enough to look that deeply. I've got my own kids to manage. ;) and I don't know who the cheerleaders are, I just see them on my child's feed.

Double post...and they may or may not be cheerleaders or gymnasts or whatever. That's the frightening reality of social media and the Internet.

I want a fanpage. Somebody make me a fanpage.

Create a fan page for yourself.....because that's what this girl did

The videos on both pages....neither say that they're from a repost app. So unless her fan club president is following her recording her....or she's texting videos to her fan club president.......

That's just my ( and Heresathought__fan_xX) conclusion about the matter

^^^I've always wondered if some of these kids didn't make their own fan pages or have their FRIENDS make them and comment on them just to make them appear to be more "cheer famous."

Not to be rude but anytime anyone mentions a cheerlebrity, everyone just starts bashing. I honestly think it's kinda rude and a little harsh. I know it's not intentional, but where's the kindness?

Most people were nice. It may not be what the OP wanted to hear, but the majority of the comments were presented respectfully.

Not to be rude but anytime anyone mentions a cheerlebrity, some just start bashing. I honestly think it's kinda rude and a little harsh. I know it's not intentional, but where's the kindness?

The industry in general, and the posters on this board more specifically, do not like the concept of cheerlebrities. Anyone who spends more than an hour browsing this board would know that, so if one chooses to create multiple threads about cheerlebrities, they will get these types of responses - every time. A bit of advice for all of the recent newbies - look before you leap!

Not necceasrily. Look at the followers of the one in question and I bet you they are all cheerleaders following her. My guess is when you buy followers, you get what you get, you don't get to pick cheerleaders or gymnasts to follow etc.

I felt I should come back and clarify. I was not calling out any athlete in particular. What I said wasn't specific at all. It was all a combination of things I've seen on Instagram pages of young local athletes that my child has followed. I'm sure all of the parents are monitoring their children carefully, I just don't personally understand the trend. :)

My 9 year old has an Instagram with about 2k followers. I keep a close eye on who she follows. We have not had any issues with it.

Most everyone that follows, comments to her and asks her things on IG are cheerleaders
However she got a comment that read this
"Holy $h!* your good to be 8 :) your my role model and I'm a senior in high school"

Like seriously you knew she was young and you felt that your comment should start off like that??? Haha
She doesn't read most of what a lot of people write she just literally looks at everyone's pics and looks up taylor Caniff from magcon.

I do make her get permission to post and I told her no selfies are allowed because all hers would be duck face selfies.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back