OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
They're "hot" until you realize that, with the exception of Danell as the outlier at 5'7", they're all 5'5" and under. No thanks.
Exactly. And when they are all standing beside each other you don't realize. Until a non-gymnast shows up and you're like oh.

My friend was on the same flight from the women's Trials to Colorado with the men's team as they headed to camp and he said Donnell, who looks like an absolute monster, is not nearly as big in real life. He's still obviously jacked but he appears to be one of the bigger ones and USA gymnastics has his height listed as 5'4"....shorter than me.

In other news, Laurie has turned pro and forgone her college eligibility.

Laurie has taken an endorsement and given up NCAA. I oddly wasn't expecting that... or that she said she plans on continuing elite for the next olympic cycle.

USA Gymnastics | Hernandez opts to forego collegiate eligibility

She's the perfect age to try to continue for a second cycle so I don't blame her

Also to be perfectly honest I would cash in on being Latina as well. Facially she's very pretty so I can see her getting cosmetic and skin care endorsements

I've seen GoFundMe pages for her family to go to Rio and even a Go Fund Me created by Ragan's grandma for Ragan's parents to go. I knew how much these sports cost, but after watching Gold Medal Families, I'm just like "get money".

But like that Jordyn Weiber special said, it sucks they can't do both (NCAA and Pro)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's the perfect age to try to continue for a second cycle so I don't blame her

Also to be perfectly honest I would cash in on being Latina as well. Facially she's very pretty so I can see her getting cosmetic and skin care endorsements

I've seen GoFundMe pages for her family to go to Rio and even a Go Fund Me created by Ragan's grandma for Ragan's parents to go. I knew how much these sports cost, but after watching Gold Medal Families, I'm just like "get money".

But like that Jordyn Weiber special said, it sucks they can't do both (NCAA and Pro)

I don't fault Laurie for it at all. The general public only cares about gymnastics in Olympic years and their careers are so short, you have to strike while the iron is hot because odds are your endorsements will dry up quickly when the audience loses interest. Or you end up like Gabby/Gabby Inc. I was just surprised because she's mentioned college gym in interviews many times. But if the choice is free college 4 years from now, or earning enough to pay for your own college among other things and fly your family to see you in the olympics, I'd take sponsorship, too.

And agreed about the Jordyn Weiber special. She makes such solid points; women's gymnastics is the only(?) sport that you can't go professional in after college like everyone else because your prime is 100% over. At least in this country. I don't see NCAA ever making an exception for them, though.

She also probably realized she a great age for a 2020 comeback. And with an "older" team this year it's unlikely many of them will make a push for Tokyo, so she could come back and fill an Aly-like leadership role.

I don't blame her at all. A college education will always be there whenever you want to go back. Gotta strike while the iron is hot and make that money.

Laurie has the opportunity now. She has become very popular overnight, and with a big Olympics, she could cash in big time.

Laurie has the opportunity now. She has become very popular overnight, and with a big Olympics, she could cash in big time.

I think Laurie is my favorite! She's the out of nowhere underdog who is going to do really well!!! Love her floor routine!!

I can't fault Laurie for going pro now; cash in while you can because you just never know what the future will hold. The money will dry up and going back to back Olympics isn't a guarantee to have time to go pro later. I see her being the Gabby Douglas of this Olympics for some reason---Simone is Simone so she'll be the star, Ali and Gabby have the attention because this is their second time, but Laurie seems like the rising star of the pack while Madison is gonna be the Kyla Ross.

USA is going with what looks to be their qualifying line up in order. Looks like no all around for Danell, he's not on vault. Maybe they will let Jake go for it?

Also, this lime green is ROUGH.

Do you know what GB line up is?
I believe the NBC coverage everyone is following only follows the U.S.A. gymnast, so there's no way of telling.

You can roughly make out the line-up though - Whitlock and Wilson for AA, Smith on PH (maybe, and it's a huge maybe, even PB), Thomas and Bevan on the other 5 apparatuses (only one gets to do PH and PB pending decision to put Smith on).

I believe the NBC coverage everyone is following only follows the U.S.A. gymnast, so there's no way of telling.

You can roughly make out the line-up though - Whitlock and Wilson for AA, Smith on PH (maybe, and it's a huge maybe, even PB), Thomas and Bevan on the other 5 apparatuses (only one gets to do PH and PB pending decision to put Smith on).

I figure you are correct (with Louis on just PH); was just looking for confirmation but thank you!

I missed the end of podium but they sat Jake on pommel so it looks like they weren't trying him for AA. I wouldn't could him out yet though, apparently Sam and Danell both fell so I could see them tweaking that line up. I just think it's beneficial to have a third gymnast try for all around to push the other two (Chris and Sam).

The guys were throwing noticeably easier routines which I'm a fan of. They took out elements giving them trouble in favor of hitting. The all arounders can add that stuff back in later if they want but just HITTING is important in the team final.

Back