All-Star Best Scorpion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

kenkendivas said:
the one above it kayla and this is cali

2uzyvsh.jpg

Hey those are my two cp's in the background...LOL....If I knew how to post pics, I would put my oldest daughter's up. She just mastered her straight legged scorpion or whatever it's called a couple months ago. She's on GT Sr. White with Kali :)

I have seen a thread like this in the past and had an opinion about it but decided not to express it...until now... my thought is this...and maybe I am taking the name a little too literally, but when I think of a scorpion (the actual critter) I see a tail that comes up over the back and it has arch or bend to it. I think it is AMAZING that these young girls are soooo flexible, but imo it is not attractive to see a scorpion that goes needle straight. At that point it is no longer a "scorpion", it is a.... "stick" or something. I find the scorpions with a slight bend or arc are much more beautiful. Also, when you have 7 or 9 stunts doing scorpions and only one girl can do the "stick" position, I think it tends to be more of a distraction, rather than an asset.

LegacyShaquita! said:
FlipForThis said:
OK?!?!? I was always told that these were "needles" basicly an over stretched Scorpian is there a difference or are they the same im just confused and if their is a difference then why would they be considered as the best scorpian when they are a different move?

DONT EVEN GET THEM STARTED ! (;

It's different gym from gym. I'm pretty sure Cali calls them spikes.

I think I have just come to the conclusion that this thread is about scorpions, but is not actually about scorpions???? are spikes and needles considered scorpions, or are they another position/move all together? And if the team is doing scorpions (bent leg) and only one flyer is doing a needle or spike, does that merit a deduction? I would assume a deduction would happen if the team was all doing bow and arrows and one flyer was doing just a plain heel stretch? Both circumstances would cause the overall appearance of the stunt to be a little "off". Just curious.

Haha..I just read the earlier post - "dont get them started" ... I assume you are referring to the debate about the differences of the moves?....like the question I just asked?....haha...sorry about that.

spirited1 said:
I think I have just come to the conclusion that this thread is about scorpions, but is not actually about scorpions???? are spikes and needles considered scorpions, or are they another position/move all together? And if the team is doing scorpions (bent leg) and only one flyer is doing a needle or spike, does that merit a deduction? I would assume a deduction would happen if the team was all doing bow and arrows and one flyer was doing just a plain heel stretch? Both circumstances would cause the overall appearance of the stunt to be a little "off". Just curious.

I don't really agree with that because my team pulled bows last year in our sequence and one girl did a heel stretch because she wasn't flexible enough to do one yet, and we didn't get any points "deducted." I guess it all depends on the judge. Or the spot the girl is in in the sequence.

nation1 said:
HeyimA said:
Starting up some threads from the other board.
But I think we can stop searching for the best scorp now.
wu0w9e.jpg

Wow this scorp is amazing!

I know this is a thread about scorps, but I'm curious as to if she is that flexible to the front as well. Anyone know?

Back