OT Books

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Divergent by Veronica Roth and the sequel Insurgent are fantastic. I highly recommend them! All of the John Green books are great as well. I just finished The Fault in our Stars and cried a lot but loved the book. Have you been on the website goodreads.com? That's where I find a lot of good book reviews and stuff

13 Reasons Why sounds good.

Its a very good book.

The Future of Us (same author as 13 Reasons Why- Jay Asher) is also good

The Hate List

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (I'm sure most people have read this already and the movie comes out in September)

Any book by Sophie Kinsella/Madeliene Wickham or Emily Giffin is good.

Despite being a librarian...I'm not the best at suggesting books for people

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (I'm sure most people have read this already and the movie comes out in September)

I HATE that this is a movie. I don't want to ruin MY characters. This book has so much personal meaning to me, I am afraid they will destroy it. Not seeing it is always an option, but who am I kidding.

I HATE that this is a movie. I don't want to ruin MY characters. This book has so much personal meaning to me, I am afraid they will destroy it. Not seeing it is always an option, but who am I kidding.

Well the author Stephen Chbosky, wrote the screenplay and directed the movie so I dont think all hope is lost.

From watching the preview I will say I didn't like the casting of Charlie. In my head Charlie sounded different and just looked different....

I'll save all further judgement until after the move comes out

Well the author Stephen Chbosky, wrote the screenplay and directed the movie so I dont think all hope is lost.

From watching the preview I will say I didn't like the casting of Charlie. In my head Charlie sounded different and just looked different....

I'll save all further judgement until after the move comes out
I did see that he (Chbosky) was involved, however, I will agree about Charlie. I think that's part of the reason I am not liking it. That, and I really thought Sam should be taller. I'm nitpicking little things, but as a lover of the story, I am allowed to right? :)

I did see that he (Chbosky) was involved, however, I will agree about Charlie. I think that's part of the reason I am not liking it. That, and I really thought Sam should be taller. I'm nitpicking little things, but as a lover of the story, I am allowed to right? :)

I don't like the casting of Sam because I don't find Emma Watson to be attractive...and to me Emma as Sam isn't someone that the Charlie in my head would be interested in.

Agree with everyone about HG and HP. Two of my favorite series without a doubt.

I love anything by Jodi Picoult or like HeresAThought said Sophie Kinsella.

I just started reading 50 Shades of Grey... :oops: and I'll leave it at that hah.

Agree with everyone about HG and HP. Two of my favorite series without a doubt.

I love anything by Jodi Picoult or like HeresAThought said Sophie Kinsella.

I just started reading 50 Shades of Grey... :oops: and I'll leave it at that hah.

I'm in the middle of 50 Shades Darker....As a librarian I am finishing the series simply because I started...and I don't necessarily oppose the content of the book. I skim over the stuff that I don't want to see. My gripe about the book is I don't like controlling men. Same reason I hate the Twilight series. I dont find that kind of treatment romatic.

I would never suggest the 50 Shades book for anyone under 18....or 25 even.

I am SO late, but I just finished Hunger Games. WHY did nobody tell me sooner that it was a must read?! I heard it was good and I heard I should read it, but it was amazing! It is one of the only books that I believe a 14 year old and a 45 year old could both read and enjoy, and actually get something out of it. It was fab.

Had to share because I feel like nobody stressed the awesomeness to me!

I am SO late, but I just finished Hunger Games. WHY did nobody tell me sooner that it was a must read?! I heard it was good and I heard I should read it, but it was amazing! It is one of the only books that I believe a 14 year old and a 45 year old could both read and enjoy, and actually get something out of it. It was fab.

Had to share because I feel like nobody stressed the awesomeness to me!
It seemed so rushed at the end. I am not sure I loved the ending. And there were a few VERY unnecessary deaths!

I'm in the middle of 50 Shades Darker....As a librarian I am finishing the series simply because I started...and I don't necessarily oppose the content of the book. I skim over the stuff that I don't want to see. My gripe about the book is I don't like controlling me. Same reason I hate the Twilight series. I dont find that kind of treatment romatic.

Oh god, don't even get me started on that series.....Take twilight, change the names and add a lot of....eh.....yeah. I don't see the fascination some people have with the series. The writing style isn't anything special and the books portray a fangirl fantasy, no real relationship content. Sigh. I've read the first two due to friends' insistence, but stopped.

I'm in the middle of 50 Shades Darker....As a librarian I am finishing the series simply because I started...and I don't necessarily oppose the content of the book. I skim over the stuff that I don't want to see. My gripe about the book is I don't like controlling men. Same reason I hate the Twilight series. I dont find that kind of treatment romatic.

Hah I'm 24 so I hope that's close enough! My fellow lax coach (she's 27) recommended it to me and so did one of my friends. I'm only like 100 pages in so nothing super graphic has happened yet. I'm pretty interested to see how it turns out.

Hah I'm 24 so I hope that's close enough! My fellow lax coach (she's 27) recommended it to me and so did one of my friends. I'm only like 100 pages in so nothing super graphic has happened yet. I'm pretty interested to see how it turns out.

It gets graphic pretty soon then. And then it dies down. And then picks back up and so forth

Back