OT Books

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I could mention the Game of Thrones series, but I just have a feeling no on eis going to be behind me on that one. But it is amazing!
Already mentioned it! I've yet to read any more than the first couple of pages though- saving it until after exams so I can read without interruptions :p I just feel like it's going to be one of those that I could quite happily sit and read for 5 hours straight :D

Already mentioned it! I've yet to read any more than the first couple of pages though- saving it until after exams so I can read without interruptions :p I just feel like it's going to be one of those that I could quite happily sit and read for 5 hours straight :D
Ah, how did I miss your mention?!

It really is fantastic. Are you watching the series on HBO as well? It strays a bit from the books, but I think, thus far, for the best.

Ah, how did I miss your mention?!

It really is fantastic. Are you watching the series on HBO as well? It strays a bit from the books, but I think, thus far, for the best.

Haha, sadly no :( Over here it's shown on Sky Atlantic but I missed the first series. I'm thinking I may have to ask for the box set for my birthday! That and a load of Kindle vouchers after reading all of the book recommendations on here :p

I really like The Kingdom Keepers series by Ridley Pearson, but that's probably due to my love of everything Disney. But I'd totally recommend it if you like Walt Disney World because the books are based on the different parks. I don't really know how to explain it, but I'd sort of consider it like the secret world of Disney World at night because most things in the book happen during the night, and you never know when those It's A Small World dolls might come alive, right? ;)

I think I started reading the series when I was about 16 and I ended up spending more time on school and friends than reading. Now I'm trying to catch up because I really liked the first two books in the series (there's five books now).

I really like The Kingdom Keepers series by Ridley Pearson, but that's probably due to my love of everything Disney. But I'd totally recommend it if you like Walt Disney World because the books are based on the different parks. I don't really know how to explain it, but I'd sort of consider it like the secret world of Disney World at night because most things in the book happen during the night, and you never know when those It's A Small World dolls might come alive, right? ;)

I think I started reading the series when I was about 16 and I ended up spending more time on school and friends than reading. Now I'm trying to catch up because I really liked the first two books in the series (there's five books now).
I started reading those this past semester due to my love of disney. I'm all caught up at the moment. They are great. They are definitely written for kids but if you love disney it really doesn't matter.

canttouchthis said:
i read all the Nickolas sparks book and they all have the same plot, if you get bored of the same plot dont read them.

Once I read two I knew what the rest would be like. Sames.

"It's Not About the Pom-Poms: How a 40-Year-Old Mom Became the NFL's Oldest Cheerleader--and Found Hope, Joy, and Inspiration Along the Way" by Laura Vikmanis

I'll never not recommend The Kite Runner. Sad, couple graphic scenes, then really sad, but really good. One of my all-time favorites.

Just finished the two books in the Divergent series in under 48 hours. Warning: the second book leaves of in a major cliff hanger and I don't even know when the next one comes out. Dying here.

As far as Nicholas Sparks goes, I haven't read all of his books and I don't really care to. The Last Song was amazing. Way better than the movie. The Choice was really good, too. Kinda had a "The Notebook" vibe, but I never read The Notebook so...

I stocked up my iPod (turned into a makeshift Kindle) with a bunch of titles the other day. Think I'll start The Book Thief next...

Just finished the two books in the Divergent series in under 48 hours. Warning: the second book leaves of in a major cliff hanger and I don't even know when the next one comes out. Dying here.

Last book comes out next year(probably May as that's when the first 2 were both released), with a Divergent movie in 2015 supposedly. One of my current fave series :)......Four and Tris are awesome.

Oh my gosh cheerforeverever , you and I agreed almost verbatim on the Twilight vs 50 Shades debate!! The newbie thread got off topic talking about books and we agree to a tee, how funny! I swear I didn't read your posts first, I wandered over here because now I wanna talk about books!

Anyone who mentioned Emily Giffin, I breezed through Something Borrowed and Something Blue in 2 days. They're good, light reads and they're so interesting to read from both of the main character's points-of-view.

Back