All-Star Can Someone Explain...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think its just the fact that she got so much publicity and people became jealous. Then the one time she fell people took advantage of it. Cheerleading is supposed to be a team sport but she is more well known than others on her squad. Its not just cheerleading either. Its the same with baseball, football, or any other team sport. People are just jealous that she got so many opportunities out of it.

I think it got really out of hand last night with the the tweet like maddie gardner thing. The cheer community is constantly talking about "bullying"but yet ALOT of people in the cheer community continue to do it. Just because you are not a fan or you don't like her doesn't make it right at all. Also , once you think about it maddie really did not bring the fame to her, she may have provoked it once it took off but its not like she begged for it JMO.

Of course it's jealousy. It's partly jealousy about her talent. It's partly jealousy over the attention. It's partly jealousy over the opportunity she got. It's partly jealousy over all these things that some thing were at least equally deserved by others.

Anyone that says it's not jealousy is just fooling themselves.

Of course it's jealousy. It's partly jealousy about her talent. It's partly jealousy over the attention. It's partly jealousy over the opportunity she got. It's partly jealousy over all these things that some thing were at least equally deserved by others.

Too true. People may not realize it, but jealousy is (according to wikipedia)-negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something that the person values, particularly in reference to a human connection. Or envy, which is a negative emotion that is a response to somebody having something you want. Most people who don't like her are either or both. Sometimes on somebody else's behalf...

What i think is funny is she is not the only "CHEERLEBRITY" in the cheer world but she is the only one getting "bullied" in a way. Everyone knows Kierra Nowlins ( sorry if i spelled it wrong) and you dont hear anything bad abour her. F5 is probably as well known as a team as anyone and you never hear anything about them and they arent perfect. Didnt read anything bad about them after ther pyramid fell apart in Dallas, So i guess Maddie is the ONLY one that is EXPECTED to be perfect. Well in my opinion the way she handles all of this "S**T" makes her a stronger person than any ball up triple tick tock ever can!

She's obviously a great athlete and person, no one is denying that. It's the fact that one athlete in a team sport is so hyped up. Obviously this isn't all her fault, and it could have been anyone. It's just silly IMO how much attention/obsession one athlete can get, when we're not a sport about individuals.
THIS is exactly it. People don't like that she has become the face for her entire team. One girl should not take away from what 35 other girls accomplished at worlds. It's really just unfortunate for the rest of her team.

I'm in no way bashing right now, but I wouldn't 100% believe that it's her replying to those posts. A while back, when a huge fight went on between me and her dad on these boards, over pm he told me his daughter does not control her own social media accounts. I don't know if that's changed since... I believe around 2 or 3 months ago, but that's what I was told.
ETA: I'm not posting this in the hopes of starting drama, but it was shared with me over pm and I think it's something people should know has been said.
Speaking as a parent, my daughter doesn't control her own social media sites, but everytime someone speaks to her, it is her answering. What he probably meant was, they have her passwords and an adult is always reading her messages, to make sure some crazy stalker isn't messing with her.

Speaking as a parent, my daughter doesn't control her own social media sites, but everytime someone speaks to her, it is her answering. What he probably meant was, they have her passwords and an adult is always reading her messages, to make sure some crazy stalker isn't messing with her.

I see where you're coming from, but from the message I was under the understanding that a 3rd party ran her social media sites. Almost like a public relations type of person would with a business or celebrity.

I see where you're coming from, but from the message I was under the understanding that a 3rd party ran her social media sites. Almost like a public relations type of person would with a business or celebrity.
I remember hearing a while ago that her mom would log in and respond to some people.. Not sure if it's true, but either way it's nice of their family. I know for a fact they have mailed things to fans before either way.

I can 100% ASSURE you that I am not jealous of Maddie. I am not "fooling myself", I know myself more than you know me.

I don't hate Maddie. I actually think shes a nice person, but here is my problem. Everyone focuses so much on Maddie, and what Maddie does, and how Maddie's team is doing. Senior Elite is an amazingly talented team, but there are SO many people that focus on the "Cheerlebrity" of that team that they forget about all of the other people on the team. Think about the girls on the team that were also seniors (and 2x world champions), but Maddie is getting all the attention because she is a cheerlebrity. If i was on a team where all of the attention was focused on one person, i would quit. It is called a TEAM for a reason, right? So why is EVERYONE giving one person all the credit? Sure. She is point flyer, but the bases that hold her up? No credit. Other flyers? No credit. Most of the attention is focused on HER and her only, and i don't think its fair to everyone else on the team. I'm not a fan of the cheerlebrity craze, and i never will be. Just my 2 cents. Rant over.

I don't hate Maddie. I actually think shes a nice person, but here is my problem. Everyone focuses so much on Maddie, and what Maddie does, and how Maddie's team is doing. Senior Elite is an amazingly talented team, but there are SO many people that focus on the "Cheerlebrity" of that team that they forget about all of the other people on the team. Think about the girls on the team that were also seniors (and 2x world champions), but Maddie is getting all the attention because she is a cheerlebrity. If i was on a team where all of the attention was focused on one person, i would quit. It is called a TEAM for a reason, right? So why is EVERYONE giving one person all the credit? Sure. She is point flyer, but the bases that hold her up? No credit. Other flyers? No credit. Most of the attention is focused on HER and her only, and i don't think its fair to everyone else on the team. I'm not a fan of the cheerlebrity craze, and i never will be. Just my 2 cents. Rant over.

I agree. I think some of it is her, and some of it is fans. For example Kelsey Rule has a million fans but the worst thing you hear is how many guys she kissed at worlds. For the most part it is she is a great athelete. But Kelsey also doesn't put her image out for everyone to see or to add to their fan paraphnelia. So you while she is popular no one is saying "Kelsey fell at Worlds and she didn't triple double. She is why WCSS lost." Because she isn't in the for front, all those girls are known. I remember when the CNN interview came on an F5 alumni said they weren't known as "Tay Hall and the F5s" . That's how some people feel about Maddie. It isn't a team anymore, or it doesn't feel that way.

Ok here's my problem with the "Maddie takes away from the rest of the team" argument. Maddie isn't the only cheerlebrity on the team. She may be one of the better known ones but there are girls on the team that are almost or just as well known as she is. Why does Maddie get all of the hate? For example, Erica Engelbert. She's just as well known as Maddie but people don't hate on her nearly as much. Not saying people should hate on Erica or any other cheerlebrity on the team. I'm just saying that argument really doesn't seem valid to me.
Like someone pointed out on the thread earlier, for being so "antibullying" people on here seem to do a lot of bullying.

Hmmmmmmm…Well I’ll first start by saying if you cheer for the same program as her, of course you’re going to call people jealous. No surprise there. That’s what gym families do, support each other. It’s so easy to throw the jealous hater card. Some people are jealous though, but most of them are not on the boards. Sometimes the things that happen on twitter or fb (so people say) get brought here and we all have to hear about how many people hate on her and blah blah blah. It gets annoying and people actually do start saying mean things in spite of it. Not saying it’s right, just saying it happens. Also, I do watch videos of the winning teams from worlds. I did notice after Sr Elite was done competing in one video, the team starts to exit the mat, but Maddie stays and starts to wave to everyone. The announcer was speaking and she was still waving, as her team left the mat. To me it was funny, but to lots of other people, she kind of carried herself in a cocky way. A while ago she posted on here. She started a new thread to basically make a positive speech to the cheer world. Lots of people complained because it was her first time posting and it should have been posted in the newbies section. I myself took as an attention seeking post. I can understand why people think she’s cocky. If you think about it, when almost everyone thinks everything you do is perfect, it’s hard not to get cocky sometimes. Sometimes people are just being mean though. For example, I remember when people were talking about her kick doubles and something else. Her kick doubles are gorgeous. Everything she does in the air is beautiful and anyone talking about that was just finding something to talk negative about. No flyer is perfect. From the comments I read on here, it’s a mixture of reasons. Some reasons are justifiable and some aren’t. Going back to the thread she posted here a while back, I think she is a normal girl trying to set a good example. At times I think she tries too hard to be a role model. Instead of being normal, she becomes Maddie the cheerlebrity and then acts on whatever she’s doing. Don't get me wrong, she has haters (everyone has haters), but some people are just being honest.
This is my opinion. If anyone disagrees, cool. I’m not arguing tonight, so don’t be a pain in my butt. Thank you.

Back