All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One of my friends lives about an hour outside of Chicago yet she tells people shes from Chicago. Like no. Just say you're from the suburbs of Chicago. Its not hard.
I grew up in Burbank, IL which is a suburb on the southwest side of Chicago, you literally cross Cicero Ave and you're in Chicago. I tell people I'm from Chicago. It's a heck of alot easier than trying to explain to people where Burbank is. They always think we mean Burbank, CA. :D

I grew up in Burbank, IL which is a suburb on the southwest side of Chicago, you literally cross Cicero Ave and you're in Chicago. I tell people I'm from Chicago. It's a heck of alot easier than trying to explain to people where Burbank is. They always think we mean Burbank, CA. :D
If you're that close its fine, but most of the people who do it around here are not even close to actual Chicago. One of my roommates is actually from Chicago and she gets so mad when people who arent even close say they are.

If you're that close its fine, but most of the people who do it around here are not even close to actual Chicago. One of my roommates is actually from Chicago and she gets so mad when people who arent even close say they are.
I think it's like that around any big city. It's easier for people to relate to the big well known cities than have to explain where your suburb is in relation to it. Especially if your talking to someone in a different state. It kind of makes me laugh that people get so bent out of shape about it. haha!

I think it's like that around any big city. It's easier for people to relate to the big well known cities than have to explain where your suburb is in relation to it. Especially if your talking to someone in a different state. It kind of makes me laugh that people get so bent out of shape about it. haha!

True. I live outside of Orlando. It takes me 20 mins to get to parts of Orlando, so I say I am from Orlando. Everyone knows Orlando. If I say where I actually live no one would know where I was talking about. There are so many suburbs around Orlando, it is easier to just say Orlando.

I guess its because if you just say you're from a suburb of Chicago (or any other big city), people will know what you're talking about. They don't need to know exactly where you are, and I'm pretty sure just about everyone knows what a suburb is. When people ask where I'm from, I just say the general area, and then if they know the area, I say it further if they want to know.

I feel this so much. I always tell people I'm from Syracuse even though I'm technically not in Syracuse, I'm like 20ish minutes from it. If I tell anyone I'm from "Liverpool" they go "like where the Beatles are from?" Nah son. It's just easier this way.

Worse though, if I'm talking to someone not from NY, I say I'm from Upstate NY. That feels like I'm flat out lying to people because, despite what some people believe, that's not Upstate NY. But it's so I don't get "oh so can you like see the Empire State building from your window?" Haha yeah from my Googe Maps Street View window.

If people ask me where I live now who aren't in MA I say "between Worcester and Boston but closer to Worcester." And then when people ask where I went to school I say "between Binghamton and Albany".

I'm so vague.

I live an hour from Columbus, Ohio but I never say I live there when asked. Where I live and Columbus could not be more different. It's funny bc cps school gets sooo many more snow days than the rest of the girls on her team bc our school district is all back country roads compared to the city streets of Columbus. I would be so annoyed if I knew people from my town say they are from Columbus when asked by others. But the only places most people know of when you say your from Ohio is Columbus, Cleveland, or Cincinnati, beyond that no one is really intrested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i thought the raleigh gym was taking teams to NCA this year as well, or did that change?

Raleigh has their own way of doing things and CSP's feelings wouldn't normally factor in to where they compete (unless Kelly chose to let it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back