All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Passion started off as being a worlds level team and was dropped to restricted at the end of the summer. Remember this is a team that for several years very successful as a large 4. Nca and summit wins. This season the team has yet to receive a summit bid of any kind. The "unbroken promises" someone earlier in this thread alluded to as the reason there was drama. I am wondering if they had hoped to go back up to a worlds team and the owner said no. I have seen several tweets from athletes about not giving up on their dream etc....just makes me think this is about bids and worlds. They were all perfectly happy to be ICE when they were winning nca and summit.
I know this is assuming a lot and may have zero truth, but if this whole thing is about bids and worlds then I just can't even...

Passion started off as being a worlds level team and was dropped to restricted at the end of the summer. Remember this is a team that for several years very successful as a large 4. Nca and summit wins. This season the team has yet to receive a summit bid of any kind. The "unbroken promises" someone earlier in this thread alluded to as the reason there was drama. I am wondering if they had hoped to go back up to a worlds team and the owner said no. I have seen several tweets from athletes about not giving up on their dream etc....just makes me think this is about bids and worlds. They were all perfectly happy to be ICE when they were winning nca and summit.
If they couldn't get a summit bid as r5..... Why in the world would they try to be a worlds team? I have to say if I was the owner I'd probably say no too...
(I know that's just you wondering. But I hope that's not the case because.... That's dumb)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they couldn't get a summit bid as r5..... Why in the world would they try to be a worlds team? I have to say if I was the owner I'd probably say no too...
(I know that's just you wondering. But I hope that's not the case because.... That's dumb)

Not saying this is a good reason, but world's bids are way easier to get than summit bids. I'm sure that there are many teams that have bids to worlds that would struggle with earning a summit bid.

ETA: isn't there someone on the boards with an athlete on Passion? I think remember someone posting about it when we had the "what team is your cp on this season" thread because the team had been through a name change.

Tbh, after reading @Markiesgirl post, it is most evident that it is easier for a team to secure an at-large Worlds bid compare to a team receiving any type of Summit bid..! Worlds bids are passed out like Kleenex tissues, but getting a Summit bid is like finding a drop of water in the Sahara desert...It is truly RIDICULOUS!!!jmo

Last edited:

If this is true, then I wonder if she was actually "fired" or if she just quit/was let go when she said she'd open her own gym. It's starting to sound like this is a result of an adult temper tantrum because someone didn't get their way.

If this is true, then I wonder if she was actually "fired" or if she just quit/was let go when she said she'd open her own gym. It's starting to sound like this is a result of an adult temper tantrum because someone didn't get their way.
I was wondering this. Considering Cheersport registration closed 3 weeks ago it's highly unlikely that this transpired just in the last week. I'm wondering if someone let it slip that she was in the works with CEA and that's when she was let go. There's just so much surrounding this situation that is inconsistent and sketchy..not a fan.

THIS is an extenuating/dangerous/felonious circumstance. I would have done the exact same thing.

You wouldn't believe the fall out though! We were called traitors. We were told we were just jealous because this other kid was on the team. We were told we weren't loyal. My child was blamed for them having to pull out of a comp.My child and one of her friends who left when we did for the same reasons, we were verbally attacked at awards of a competition later that season. It was a horrible, horrible situation. We were hounded for about a year and a half by people who stayed loyal to this gym. I didn't understand their decisions but I didn't attack them for theirs.

In the end all worked out best for us. We love our gym, our coaches, and I have complete faith in them. They are very rule oriented and they follow them all. I love it!

I definitely understand this position and I can see where you're coming from. I guess this whole situation has more to it than anyone knows. Financially I'm not sure I would want to lose all my money from comp fees just because a coach left. That's not a drop in the bucket, and then to have to pay them again....I don't know. I think there would have to be more of a reason for me to allow CP than "I want to follow my coach". Now, at the end of the season, if she wanted to switch, no problem, I understand that. Yes, cheer is a business and we are consumers-but it would be interesting to know if these kids were unhappy before this announcement or if it was "coach is opening a new gym, let's follow her".

I definitely wouldn't like it, but I imagine most of those families already have plane tickets and hotel reservations set up for Cheersport; so would I rather lose all of that money if I didn't buy refundable seats, or pay the entrance fee again? That fee is likely cheaper. Everything else, beyond World's and Summit, is local so travel likely doesn't factor there.

I definitely wouldn't like it, but I imagine most of those families already have plane tickets and hotel reservations set up for Cheersport; so would I rather lose all of that money if I didn't buy refundable seats, or pay the entrance fee again? That fee is likely cheaper. Everything else, beyond World's and Summit, is local so travel likely doesn't factor there.

True....which makes me wonder how long this has really been in the works and who knew about it when. If Cheersport registration has been closed, and they are going....did they secretly register before that date? If so, she would have to have some commitments from athletes to do that.

We love our CEA family and I've had nothing but good experiences-but on the surface I feel like there was quite a bit of behind the scenes going on with this, and that makes me wrinkle my nose. Like I'm all for someone starting a gym, following their dreams, etc. I guess I'm just not a fan of how this appears. I hope it all comes out and it makes more sense.

I think there is a lot more on both sides than meets the eye in this particular situation. I struggled through last season and wished I quit because driving home crying and getting hurt from coaches who did not know how to coach and then them getting annoyed at me because I pointed out something was illegal they said it was fine and duh duh duh we got a legality..... twice

True....which makes me wonder how long this has really been in the works and who knew about it when. If Cheersport registration has been closed, and they are going....did they secretly register before that date? If so, she would have to have some commitments from athletes to do that.

We love our CEA family and I've had nothing but good experiences-but on the surface I feel like there was quite a bit of behind the scenes going on with this, and that makes me wrinkle my nose. Like I'm all for someone starting a gym, following their dreams, etc. I guess I'm just not a fan of how this appears. I hope it all comes out and it makes more sense.

Honestly, EPs are a business first and if someone came to them after the close and said, "Please include us," I bet they would and just charge them a late fee. The fact that they're going doesn't seem weird to me---why would the EP turn down money? That makes no sense.

Honestly, EPs are a business first and if someone came to them after the close and said, "Please include us," I bet they would and just charge them a late fee. The fact that they're going doesn't seem weird to me---why would the EP turn down money? That makes no sense.

I agree and I hope you are right.

Or, and this is just a crazy thought to throw out there, keep your first commitment and be out no extra money.

If what has been said in this thread is true, that leaves a team with 3 members and potentially nowhere to go. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't leave because everyone else did, but chances are high that those 3 are just going to be out everything and that sucks for them.

I understand the honor your commitment comments. If your CP was on a 4 or 5, after the new gyms starts and some kids leave there is a only a level 2 team now. Do you penalize your kid and not let them throw skills they have from January to tryouts of he next season?

Back