All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I understand the honor your commitment comments. If your CP was on a 4 or 5, after the new gyms starts and some kids leave there is a only a level 2 team now. Do you penalize your kid and not let them throw skills they have from January to tryouts of he next season?

This is an interesting line of discussion in terms of expectations v. reality.

See also:

If your kid was on what you both thought was going to be a Worlds team (confirmed as a Worlds team at tryouts), and it becomes R5 or 4 at some point (due to injuries, lack of solid skills, etc.)

New Gym opens up and has Worlds teams. You have no contract or agreement saying you need to stay, other than knowing you forfeit your money. If we're talking Worlds, this is within the appropriate time frame to secure a release.

Do you stay?

Last edited:
This is an interesting line of discussion.

See also:

If your kid was on what you both thought was going to be a Worlds team (confirmed as a Worlds team at tryouts), and it becomes R5 or 4 at some point in January (due to injuries, lack of solid skills, etc.) do you still stay?

I stay. It's a team. Perfection before progression. Even if my kid is solid in all areas of level 5 skills, I don't quit mid season to go find a better option. Next season maybe, but not mid season just because things don't go as planned. If my kid was being emotionally or physically harmed, or if a gym was trying to do things against rules/regulations, different story.

I guess I'm old school, but I'm shocked at the number of parents who are allowing their kid to jump ship mid season (assuming none of the above is going on).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, it depends on the athlete's age...If my child were 17-18y.o. and had all level 5 skills, I will definitely take that shot and leave...However, if my child was 12-13 y.o., I will most likely stay the whole season with the old gym and leave later, if it is destined for us to go...

Last edited:

See also:

If your kid was on what you both thought was going to be a Worlds/Summit team (confirmed as a Worlds team at tryouts), and it becomes R5 or 4 at some point (due to injuries, lack of solid skills, etc.)

New Gym opens up and has Worlds/Summit teams. You have no contract or agreement saying you need to stay, other than knowing you forfeit your money. If we're talking Worlds, this is within the appropriate time frame to secure a release.

Do you stay?
Nope

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

See also:

If your kid was on what you both thought was going to be a Worlds/Summit team (confirmed as a Worlds team at tryouts), and it becomes R5 or 4 at some point (due to injuries, lack of solid skills, etc.)

New Gym opens up and has Worlds/Summit teams. You have no contract or agreement saying you need to stay, other than knowing you forfeit your money. If we're talking Worlds, this is within the appropriate time frame to secure a release.

Do you stay?

no.

See also:

Do you stay?
Yes, I/my hypothetical child would be staying.

ETA: It is definitely hard to say without being in that situation. If we're talking before an entire team leaves than absolutely yes I would stay. If the entire team is gone, then ehh, that's where it gets a little trickier, but I would likely still stay. If I was in the exact situation discussed in this thread, it would be a no brainer for me due to the particular gym involved. But the gym name likely still wouldn't change my opinion.

Last edited:

See also:

Do you stay?
We would stay.

This whole situation is a mess. Which brings me to 2 points.

Am I surprised this happening in IL? No. That place is a hotbed for cheer drama for whatever reason.

Am I surprised CEA is involved even though it's indirectly? No.

Why Courtney would want to attach her name to this mess is beyond me but we'll see how this plays out come next year.

I don't have a bone in this fight but from what I've observed personally, any gym that I've seen that has been formed out of revenge has never lasted more than a few years. I certainly hope that's not the case here because those children just burned a lot of bridges.

This whole situation is a mess. Which brings me to 2 points.

Am I surprised this happening in IL? No. That place is a hotbed for cheer drama for whatever reason.

Am I surprised CEA is involved even though it's indirectly? No.

Why Courtney would want to attach her name to this mess is beyond me but we'll see how this plays out come next year.

I don't have a bone in this fight but from what I've observed personally, any gym that I've seen that has been formed out of revenge has never lasted more than a few years. I certainly hope that's not the case here because those children just burned a lot of bridges.

That's one of the first things I thought of when I heard about this. Likely the most cheer drama-filled state and drama-filled gym coming together doesn't seem like it could end well. Who knows though.

Most likely (depending on the specifics) yes I would stay and have my CP finish out on the lower level team. Yes I would have my cp drop down to a non worlds 5 or 4 team.

My CP is in this sport for more than a worlds or summit ring. She's there to learn all of the lessons that hard work, perseverance, and teamwork can teach her. If she were in an unsafe situation (mentally or physically) or the gym was knowingly breaking rules to win then I would pull her.

CP had a coach get fired in January - the week of a big comp for them. Most of the team was devastated because they loved her so much. Even if she had opened her own gym or went to another gym to coach I would have required CP to finish the season out. We made the commitment and paid the fees to our gym not to a specific coach.

See also:

If your kid was on what you both thought was going to be a Worlds team (confirmed as a Worlds team at tryouts), and it becomes R5 or 4 at some point (due to injuries, lack of solid skills, etc.)

New Gym opens up and has Worlds teams. You have no contract or agreement saying you need to stay, other than knowing you forfeit your money. If we're talking Worlds, this is within the appropriate time frame to secure a release.

Do you stay?
Nope

I don't think any of this is black or white and I think it is wrong to accuse someone of not having integrity if they choose to do what is best for them or their child.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

There are definitely a lot of hypotheticals here that no one really knows the real answers to.

Back