All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just creeped your post history--I didn't know he got in to the Air Force Academy! I'm so excited for him!!!!!
Thanks, we are so proud of him! Now he's cashing in on our deals. We're getting matching tattoos and will be skydiving when the weather warms up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, we are so proud of him! Now he's cashing in on our deals. We're getting matching tattoos and will be skydiving when the weather warms up.

Didn't know either. Congrats to him. Will he be cheering?

(I understand NOT cheering as the first year is pretty intense at the service academies from what I hear.)

Didn't know either. Congrats to him. Will he be cheering?

(I understand NOT cheering as the first year is pretty intense at the service academies from what I hear.)
He connected with the coach about a year ago and met her at summer seminar last summer. People don't tend to go to a service academy to cheer so I think she's just excited to have someone coming that doesn't have to be taught from square one. She told him earlier just to focus on getting in and the rest would take care of itself. She also told him if she had recruiting "blue chips" he would've gotten hers but since cheer isn't a sport she didn't have any spots to give. But all that sounds very much like He'll be cheering on the Falcons from the sidelines this coming season and he's very excited about that [emoji458]

Okay, so some random thoughts after reading through this whole thread:

1. CEA satellite locations do have some successful teams. My CP is at CEA Roanoke, and the J2 team won a paid summit bid at Spirit of Hope (previously had at large). Senior 4.2 won WSF Louisville and came in second at Spirit of Hope. Small coed 5 came in 3rd at Spirit of Hope, and 1-2nd place teams got bids to Worlds. So, some of the smaller gyms may not have SE or Coed Elite success, but they aren't just Craptastic Allstars with the CEA logo on their uniforms.

2. Being one of the smaller gyms I feel like we are not always connected like I would like to be, but that is my personal feeling and not necessarily the feeling of the rest of my gym. There's not a push for us to support other CEA teams, or for them to support us as far as watching performances. Now, CP knows some kids from other gyms and will support them and vice versa, but there's not like a mass audience for our teams like there is for the NC teams.

The other thing with this whole satellite gym is I feel like maybe we are not a priority for some things, but we can't handle them ourselves. Case in point, uniforms and CEA gear. CP was supposed to get her uniform in October. Last weekend was the first time she had all 3 pieces. Now, I don't know if that was because of our gym not following up with the uniform coordinator in NC, or if the uniform coordinator wasn't all that bothered about it. Either way, we waited from Oct-Jan for a uniform that was promised in Oct. Same thing with warm up jackets. One in her size is not available through the CEA store and I'm told there's nothing we can do about that. Small issues in the grand scheme but still annoyances that I feel like have more to do with being a satellite gym than anything.

3. As far as CEA Chicago, as a parent, I don't care if Jesus himself was coaching the team-unless my kid's emotional or physical well-being was in danger, I would not let her jump ship mid-season. We have this problem currently with school cheer-it's a horrible environment and not conducive to any type of growth or development. But, in CPs words, she "won't be trying out next year, but I made a commitment and I intend to keep it."

This may sound like we are unhappy with CEA, but we are extremely happy with CEA Roanoke coaches and staff. We have some great teammates and CP is very happy. These are just observations.

Whenever a thread criticizes a specific gym (Cali, CEA, etc.) I always take a step back and ask what it is that people are reacting to.

I also wonder if we substituted another gym name, would people still find the action to be wrong?

For example, would this still be unacceptable if it were Spirit of Texas: Chicago Edition? Cheer Athletics Chicago? ACE of Chicago?

For me? Yes. Absolutely. Opening a gym mid season and stealing athletes from other gyms, naming teams after those you used to coach? It's scummy. It's tacky. It's gross. I don't care which gym it is. But CEA is either loved or hated, for good reason. And things like this - this is why people don't like CEA.

If this coach wanted to attempt to open her own gym mid season (and we don't actually know why she was fired - but it's not because she had too strong of a following, cmon) then good luck to her. It's basically the equivalent of something throwing a hissy fit and trying to get back at their former employer. For a well known and respected gym to attach their names to this drama? Gross.

Last edited:
I think a group of experienced cheerleaders can put together a decent performance in 3 weeks time, but how do you have a routine if you don't know how many kids you'll have for the team? It looks like they're expecting enough kids for 2 teams.
IF a whole team followed her, do you think they would use their routine from their old gym and maybe just tweak it a bit? They would need new music. or they could do a whole new routine in 3 weeks. I'm also wondering if the parents already paid for all of the competition fees at the old gym, I doubt they would be able to get any money back and now have to pay all over again. Yikes!

^^^^As much as I have some different viewpoints on this, I will say that when I first read about kids allegedly leaving mid-season for another gym, my first thought was:

1. Who can afford to just EAT 1/2 to 3/4 of a season's worth of costs at Gym A and pay them ALL OVER AGAIN at Gym B?

2. Can they adopt me? As an adult? With my husband and child? We need it.

Last edited:
IF a whole team followed her, do you think they would use their routine from their old gym and maybe just tweak it a bit? They would need new music. or they could do a whole new routine in 3 weeks. I'm also wondering if the parents already paid for all of the competition fees at the old gym, I doubt they would be able to get any money back and now have to pay all over again. Yikes!
I don't know the inner workings of cheer gyms, but I think it is an interesting legal question over who owns the rights to a routine. Does the gym own the creative license to the routine since they ultimately paid the choreographer or is anyone (i.e. Coach or parents) free to use it? Even if they put together a brand new routine I think an experienced team can pull it off. These kids are talented and have worked together all year. It's not a random tryout with the coach grabbing random strangers with a variety of skills and making a team. If the parents were willing to leave mid season my guess is doubling up on comp fees is not much of a concern.

I left a gym years ago in Chicago for extreme circumstances. I left right before Christmas and my team followed me to a new gym to finish out our season. We competed in GK sports bras and spanks three weeks later with a new routine. I choreographed a brand new routine and Wes Haley redid a dance. We got 2nd at Cheersport. I don't know Kaley's circumstances, but I know her to be not only an amazing coach, but an amazing person.

I don't know the legalities on who owns the routine, but I changed mine because I was capable.

^^^^As much as I have some different viewpoints on this, I will say that when I first read about kids allegedly leaving mid-season for another gym, my first thought was:

1. Who can afford to just EAT 1/2 to 3/4 of a season's worth of costs at Gym A and pay them ALL OVER AGAIN at Gym B?

2. Can they adopt me? As an adult? With my husband and child? We need it.

Maybe at the new gym they aren't going to pay a bunch of fees? Maybe just comps fees,since the season is more than half way done.

I left a gym years ago in Chicago for extreme circumstances. I left right before Christmas and my team followed me to a new gym to finish out our season. We competed in GK sports bras and spanks three weeks later with a new routine. I choreographed a brand new routine and Wes Haley redid a dance. We got 2nd at Cheersport. I don't know Kaley's circumstances, but I know her to be not only an amazing coach, but an amazing person.

I don't know the legalities on who owns the routine, but I changed mine because I was capable.
and it sounds like Kaley is more than capable of putting together a whole new routine :) the stress and cost though....wow

As someone who knows this location hasn't been in the works since Summer I take the tweets to mean we knew since the summer that things weren't good. Even if you think your kids have no idea what's happening they do overhear gym/adults talking. The CEA Chicago idea hasn't been in the works since the summer.

The things I've heard is the owners and coach were at odds over some broken promises. ICE fired this girl 3 weeks ago. She was a free agent. I've heard how fiercely loyal her kids were to her. I've heard how successful her teams have been. ICE itself is a big and successful program (so this isn't kids leaving Podunk Allstars for the big name new gym in town).

It is absolutely 100% untrue that the coach was fired 3 weeks ago. Both of her former ICE teams competed last weekend at an NCA event in St. Charles, MO and she was present. In fact she posted a video on social media of herself celebrating very emotionally during one of her teams performances.

I have nothing personal against this coach. I myself once was a young ambitious coach with my own dreams and desire to be successful in the all star cheerleading industry. I think it's great for any individual in any industry to want to be great at their craft and achieve their personal goals. We all have the right to dream big however how this entire situation came to be is extremely unethical and distasteful. The fact is she was terminated from her coaching position at ICE the same exact day a few hours prior to CEA Chicago was announced.

How could anyone believe that the first parent meeting for the new CEA location held in Aurora, IL where ICE is located was sheer coincidence? It's rumored that the actual location of this new gym will be close to an hour away from Aurora, IL and is actually within 15 minutes of the new GymTyme IL. Why meet in Aurora? Then to add insult to injury two of the teams being promoted are being named after ICE teams (Passion and Inspire). Like seriously? All of this is shady business so please let's stop pretending like it's not. She may be a an excellent coach who loves the kids she coaches tremendously however it also appears that her ego may have driven her to betray the very program that gave her the opportunity to be the kind of coach that she and the outside world believes her to be.

Back