All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One question as I keep seeing it discussed about how this coach needed a job right away for income. Is it common for cheer coaches to not have another job? Every single cheer coach I have had/had contact with has had a regular day job, too. So that wouldn't necessarily be a factor.

Also, the snark from some people in this thread is crazy.

ETA: Besides gym owners.

CP has never had a cheer coach who has another job beyond coaching.

CP's coaches, the majority, just coach. I am only thinking of one that has a job outside of the gym. CP's gym has over 200 athletes but probably not more than 220. CP's gym offers a lot of classes, too, that are for anyone, rec cheer, school cheer, preschool tumble. The coaches may not work anywhere else but they definitely are full-time. Some don't coach classes but have privates instead. Definitely busy coaches up at CP's gym.

I've had coaches that only coached and then I've had coaches who also had other jobs. But, the ones who had other jobs were just employed in other aspects of cheer- choreography, music mixing, tumbling classes. So basically, their entire life was wrapped up in cheer some how, but, not all their connections were at the gym they coached at.

Something that I've never considered, but how many cheer coaches are college graduates? (4 year, not a community college) I did have some coaches who never graduated, so finding another job that wasn't involving cheer might have been difficult.

I've had coaches that only coached and then I've had coaches who also had other jobs. But, the ones who had other jobs were just employed in other aspects of cheer- choreography, music mixing, tumbling classes. So basically, their entire life was wrapped up in cheer some how, but, not all their connections were at the gym they coached at.

Something that I've never considered, but how many cheer coaches are college graduates? (4 year, not a community college) I did have some coaches who never graduated, so finding another job that wasn't involving cheer might have been difficult.

Most of CP's also were involved with cheer in college. I can't think of one who is not a college graduate either.

When CP first started this sport she was with a program that was built for military kids by two military wives. Without notice, because that's the military for you, we lost one coach and lost the other a month later. Both were supposed to be there for several more years. Should they be punished because of their husband's jobs?

USAG doesn't have this same standard; coaching leaving/being fired and going elsewhere, why should USASF? This will sound weird coming from me because I am a registered Democrat, but I'm not in favor of a large governing body and this would make USASF bigger than it already should be.

oh man, if only you were on the boards during the No Standing Fulls Proposal of 2012...that, coupled with the release of the first Hunger Games movie (as inspiration) basically turned Fierceboard into a bunch of raging libertarians.

oh man, if only you were on the boards during the No Standing Fulls Proposal of 2012...that, coupled with the release of the first Hunger Games movie (as inspiration) basically turned Fierceboard into a bunch of raging libertarians.
Was this where a double must be followed by a BHS? I think that's how I remember that rule.

Eta: or was that running tumbling only?

That is what Archives are fun for though :)

Here's what everyone, in my opinion, needs to understand - unless you are directly related to the participating parties (ICE or CEA) you more than likely do not know enough about the situation to speak to someones character. Remember, these are people you are talking about not characters out of a movie. These are peoples lives and livelihood.

There are seniors on this team who have spent 700+ days of their lives loving and learning from Kaley. Many of these girls look to her as more than just a coach, but as a mother or older sister figure. In this case, the coach-athlete bond was stronger than the gym-athlete bond. In my opinion, there’s nothing wrong with that. She did not want to abandon in the kids and the kids did not want to leave the coach.

I definitely haven’t read every post in this thread, but I haven’t seen this mentioned. It’s important to note that this gym is not just owned by Darlene, but also by Shannon Young (formerly of Rockstar).

Out of the deep respect I have for both Kaley and Darlene I will not elaborate further. I did feel it was important these points were addressed. Now I will return to infrequently lurking for another few years….

Was this where a double must be followed by a BHS? I think that's how I remember that rule.

Eta: or was that running tumbling only?

No one to doubles, no standing doubles, no double punch doubles (or single doubles) was the final compromise.

The original proposal included banning standing fulls as well.

It did produce this gem of awesome (at 1:12) though, courtesy of Holden Ray:

(Worlds 2012 was kind of the YOLO Worlds and people threw craaaazy passes. and threw the District 12 hand gesture like it was a gang sign)

No one to doubles, no standing doubles, no double punch doubles (or single doubles) was the final compromise.

The original proposal included banning standing fulls as well.

It did produce this gem of awesome (at 1:12) though, courtesy of Holden Ray:

(Worlds 2012 was kind of the YOLO Worlds and people threw craaaazy passes. and threw the District 12 hand gesture like it was a gang sign)

Blast from the past. My Little Bit was on that team! Thanks for the smile!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passion is going to be just as successful at CEA as they were at ICE (same with the other team that followed her). Especially since it sounds like most if not all of the girls followed Kaley....same girls, same talent just a different uniform. They have a point to prove especially now and will have no problem making a statement in a short period of time. I do wish they came up with new team names however and didn't take the ICE names. I think that was a low blow and not necessary. Start new all around.

Back