All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The reason why I think that the TV show had something to do with it is because it all seemed to happen within the same time frame, and this is also very sudden. Most current gyms who have wishes to open up a new location make some sort of pre-announcement about it, and lots of advertising especially on Social Media months before its Grand opening. This is my first time hearing of this new location, and I follow the CEA pages on Facebook, and check their sites every now and again either I must have missed something or they just literally decided to suddenly open a new gym, but like I said just a conspiracy unfortunately I don't have enough facts to back that up.

Like it's been explained in this thread, it wouldn't have been announced had K not been fired when she was.

We have been at a number of gyms during my CP's cheer careers. Some were good, some horrible and some
We didn't appreciate until we had left. I can't think of anything that would get us to leave the current gym. Ever. If beloved coaches left we would be sad but we would stay. Good ownership and management will trump a great coach any day. And by the same token, horrible ownership and management will erode a coaches very loyal following. I wish the best to all involved. Sorry things had to happen this way and I'm sure there are bruised feelings all around. But hopefully all sides will remain cordial if not friendly because it sounds like there's already been enough drama for 10 lifetimes in Illinois.

The reason why I think that the TV show had something to do with it is because it all seemed to happen within the same time frame, and this is also very sudden.

If I remember correctly Coach Kelly was married during the summer. It just so happens that the episode was released now at the same time as this other news but I think it's no more than a coincidence as the events of the TV show happened quote a while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason why I think that the TV show had something to do with it is because it all seemed to happen within the same time frame, and this is also very sudden. Most current gyms who have wishes to open up a new location make some sort of pre-announcement about it, and lots of advertising especially on Social Media months before its Grand opening. This is my first time hearing of this new location, and I follow the CEA pages on Facebook, and check their sites every now and again either I must have missed something or they just literally decided to suddenly open a new gym, but like I said just a conspiracy unfortunately I don't have enough facts to back that up.

The SYTD episode had to have been filmed at least 1 1/2 to 2 years ago (Kelly got married fall of 2014) and only aired in Europe.

Their time was also condensed to that 3 minute video posted on Facebook and from what I remember they didn't make a big deal about her owning a gym. She just stated her family owned the largest cheer gym in the world and they moved on

The SYTD episode had to have been filmed at least 1 1/2 to 2 years ago (Kelly got married fall of 2014) and only aired in Europe.

Their time was also condensed to that 3 minute video posted on Facebook and from what I remember they didn't make a big deal about her owning a gym. She just stated her family owned the largest cheer gym in the world and they moved on

All of this.

Also, the airing of the episode occurred after the CEA Chicago announcement. Not related at all.

I'm confused as to why SYTD would have any bearing on this? Have I just not had enough coffee? Like how would a TV show about finding the perfect wedding dress (where Kelly happens to mention owning the largest "cheer gym") help this new gym be successful? I'm really not trying to be dumb here. Good taste in wedding dresses doesn't seem related to anything relevant to cheer? So confused.

I'm not a doctor or lawyer, I just play one at work.

I'm confused as to why SYTD would have any bearing on this? Have I just not had enough coffee? Like how would a TV show about finding the perfect wedding dress (where Kelly happens to mention owning the largest "cheer gym") help this new gym be successful? I'm really not trying to be dumb here. Good taste in wedding dresses doesn't seem related to anything relevant to cheer? So confused.

I'm not a doctor or lawyer, I just play one at work.

People could have considered it to be publicity. However, I don't think it's related. The people who are watching wedding shows probably aren't in the market for a cheer gym. And if they were, I don't think they would be that interested in googling around and trying to find the gym after seeing the episode.

And, CEA is a big name in cheer. I don't think they need to work on marketing themselves.

Am I the only one that took this to mean that CEA is able to pay their coaches enough to where coaching can be their full time job, and a day job isn't necessary to supplement income? Which to me would be goals

Assuming that's what this meant.

That wasn't my intent. I actually have zero knowledge of what the staff pay scale (nor should I) is. Most of them do privates too in addition to coaching teams.

I was only commenting that I can't think of one who has a day job.....I'm not privy to why that is. Lol.

Edited to say tumble yoda explained it way better than I did. Lmao

Last edited:
Back