All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And impossible to get tickets. I'm entering the lottery on my days off now- thank goodness it's digital.
My sister in law won the lottery for it a couple of weeks ago. She and her friend got $10 tickets. This was like her first night after moving to New York too. She is insanely lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a lucky $10 bill I'm saving for the Ham4Ham lotto this summer. I'll let you guys know how it is after the show :cool:

Also heard that they are looking into doing a production of Ham in the West End in London. I'm very interested to see how that goes over.

They pulled it together quite well. I'd be curious to see their routine from ICE and how many elements are from that routine versus what they put together in a couple weeks.

I was just thinking that it looks pretty good for having only been a team for a few weeks!

You do have to factor in that a good number of them have cheered together before, but even then, when you add in other kids, it's not always guaranteed to go smoothly! Well done.

....Well 45 pages later and my brain has exploded. This is what I get for taking a backseat on the 'board to focus on my stuff.

@Eyes On The Prize and @CheerBank I waited 45 pages to quote In the Heights: 'My mom is Dominican/Cuban my dad is from Chile and PR which means, I'm ChileDominCuRican...but I always say I'm from Queens!' #lonelyplanetNUMBAH1

This just seems..messy. On one hand I appreciate wanting to stick out commitments and teach integrity and all that jazz. I also want to caution the lesson that you stick it out when people are hurting/disrespecting you (and it's not always physically), because the mentality of 'If I just hang in there, it'll change get better' is a rough pill to swallow when you realize you're tolerating someone's disrespect repeatedly. Because you're a 'good person'. Not fun to have to patch up those holes later.

At the job I currently have, I have been handed business cards/email adds/numbers to call about switching restaurants. Constantly. People are trying to recruit me for their business. It doesn't make me a bad person to look/consider other options and plan ahead (which some people consider smart!). Is there a risk? Sure. But part of being a smart adult is learning how to A- Minimize risk and B- Deal with it when it comes calling. She did both and it actually worked out better than planned: she still has teams to coach and they still get to finish out their season with someone they love. ICE no longer has a coach looking to jump ship at the end. Problem solved.

I sincerely doubt she's been secretly prepping her teams to move for ages- teenage girls can't keep secrets for more than 2 minutes. How could they have kept this secret that long? Sometimes when you're unhappy, it takes one person making a stand to realize you don't have to settle. Also- to have her go to CEA and spend time there working with them? That's in NC, she's in Illinois. Not sure what her savings are like (not my chair, not my problem), but packing up and leaving a city to spend months 'learning' with them might not be fiscally feasible right now. Moving is hella expensive.

It would have been 'polite' for her to wait nicely til the end of the season for her to open up the new gym despite being fired, but politeness don't pay the bills. Politeness is for tea time on a Southern villa. Call me cold, but this time last week I was 36" deep in snow with a landlord who doesn't know the business end of a shovel. You gotta do what you gotta do.

ETA: @samantha says - HEY GIRL.

I'm so glad you said HEY GIRL to me so I had a reason to quote this and repost it. I not only give you a shimmy, but those fierce SSX top girl motions from 2014. :)

Somewhat related someone not... As an athlete that has HAD to switch gyms partly through the season, I think had something been going on in the gym that we arent aware of Its somewhat okay... I think the coach should have stayed to teach the kids commitment ect... but as an athlete at my old gym I got bullied/ out grew the program on my last season at the gym and I switched mid dec. 3 practices before our first comp. Sometimes (not always) there is a reason behind it.. although I don't count wanting to be part of a mega gym to be a good enough reason... Money aside from it, im surprised parents are not wanting to teach their cp's commitment

Somewhat related someone not... As an athlete that has HAD to switch gyms partly through the season, I think had something been going on in the gym that we arent aware of Its somewhat okay... I think the coach should have stayed to teach the kids commitment ect... but as an athlete at my old gym I got bullied/ out grew the program on my last season at the gym and I switched mid dec. 3 practices before our first comp. Sometimes (not always) there is a reason behind it.. although I don't count wanting to be part of a mega gym to be a good enough reason... Money aside from it, im surprised parents are not wanting to teach their cp's commitment

The gym fired the coach, she didn't have the choice to stay.

Well, Illinois Allstars is closing and the owner is leaving for CEA Chicago:
da3847f8e83d85d500bac1e000ad17bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back