All-Star Cea Coed Elite Worlds Music - Live It, Learn It, Love It! Enjoy!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ummm... This music is 2:32.

I don't know if the Worlds packet is straight a bluff or they are serious, but, if they are serious this will be a 5 point deduction per judge. I don't care if you change it or don't, but I just don't want to see teams lose because of stricter time rules.

From the packet (they typed in all caps, not me):

B.Routine performance time may not exceed two minutes and thirty seconds. Timing will begin with the first movement, voice, or note of music, whichev- er comes first.

C. If a team exceeds the time limit, a five point per judge penalty for every 5 seconds over the time limit will be assessed for each violation (i.e. 0-5 sec- onds = 5 points, 6-10 seconds = 10 points, etc.). BECAUSE PENALTIES ARE SEVERE, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT ALL TEAMS TIME THEIR PERFORM- ANCE SEVERAL TIMES PRIOR TO ATTENDING THE COMPETITION AND LEAVE A SEVERAL SECOND CUSHION TO ALLOW FOR VARIATIONS IN SOUND EQUIPMENT.

What does it end with?

What does it end with?
I would assume for most teams the last sound effect and the last motion are usually the same, unless you are UCA college and do the "::CLAP CLAP:: TEAM NAME" or shooting stars several years ago.
(I haven't listened to the music though, so i dont know what the end is like)

What does it end with?

I assume if they hand time it and they are over 2:30 they would ask to see the music file. If the music file, cut up, is not 2:30 or less I think you have some issues. Besides that, you know with the strong wording AND the fact that I have warned everyone about it (not to cause a ruckus, but to literally warn people about it) there are gonna be teams trying to call out others about music. If you can take your music from the CD, rip it, cut it in audacity, and its more than 2:30 I think you are screwed.

Hence I won't push the boundaries. Everything for us digitally is below 2:30 in case we need to argue.

I assume if they hand time it and they are over 2:30 they would ask to see the music file. If the music file, cut up, is not 2:30 or less I think you have some issues. Besides that, you know with the strong wording AND the fact that I have warned everyone about it (not to cause a ruckus, but to literally warn people about it) there are gonna be teams trying to call out others about music. If you can take your music from the CD, rip it, cut it in audacity, and its more than 2:30 I think you are screwed.

Hence I won't push the boundaries. Everything for us digitally is below 2:30 in case we need to argue.

I agree, but it is not very clear, and if begins with a movement, note or voice, I assume it would end with any of the same, for instance if in the SE pryamid, a part is falling and there is a delayed attempt to push it up, it could be over, or say a dancer that just can't help hitting that motion or shaking that booty one more time. Not a good rule I'm afraid.

I agree, but it is not very clear, and if begins with a movement, note or voice, I assume it would end with any of the same, for instance if in the SE pryamid, a part is falling and there is a delayed attempt to push it up, it could be over, or say a dancer that just can't help hitting that motion or shaking that booty one more time. Not a good rule I'm afraid.

Yes. And if there is any question of that rule I would assume they would go to the music to check. In this case, that would NOT be good thing. Because the music is obviously over.

And, again, saying it is not a good rule or arguing the wording is bad with me is all moot. I don't really care. But considering they make Worlds the most stringent on the rules and I have talked to a couple judges that have been trying to warn people about this because there will be an effort to call this...

Well, I am not sure how many times I can say the stove is hot until someone just needs to touch it to make sure. Oh well.

Well, if the music alone is more than 2:30, then extra motions, falling pyramids, etc. don't really matter. They will look at the digital time, and it will be over 2:30. Extra motions, etc. would just add MORE time to that number. I would not chance even getting close to that being that the penalty is quite severe. Just sayin...but different strokes for different folks I guess!

It's a bad rule because start is defined and stop is not. I don't work in an exact science, but if you are going to define start, define stop. Both points are necessary. That said, I agree about being over in time on the digital music, that would lose your case right there, but if the digital is 2:29 and an athlete is dancing their hearts out for another 8 count, I assume you get a 10 second penalty per judge. Does it say? We are all on the same page, but there is wiggle room if the digital is 2:30 or under as written, not if you are over.

holy cow, 45 points? ok everyone please put your music at 2:29 NOW. this is crazy, can you imagine losing because your music was one second over?

9 judges, 5 points per judge, 45 points
Well not necessarily 45 points.
Judge 1-3 have 35% of the final score
Judges 4-6 are 45%
and 7-9 are 20%
So 5.25 points, 6.75 points, and 3 points. Total of 15 points off your total score.

Another way to look at it is that each group of 3 has their scores averaged together, or all 9 are added together and divided by 3. not sure which way it goes.

Well not necessarily 45 points.
Judge 1-3 have 35% of the final score
Judges 4-6 are 45%
and 7-9 are 20%
So 5.25 points, 6.75 points, and 3 points. Total of 15 points off your total score.

Another way to look at it is that each group of 3 has their scores averaged together, or all 9 are added together and divided by 3. not sure which way it goes.

Its not done by ratio. 5 points per judge on the deduction sheet. I dont think even if percentages mattered it would change the fact youd be screwed.

Throw in WCSS choreographed pose. Do they start timing then?

Back