All-Star Champions League Updates ( Movie Spoilers )

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Personally I love the idea of calling it an Opening Ceremony. The idea of a "prom because some kids might miss theirs" is a little silly to me. It was just as much of a social event for the coaches and owners far removed from their high school days. They seemed to enjoy it just as much as the kids, which kind of negates the idea of a prom to me.

The Champion's League in general...
fVGMdBC.gif

*has 2 Masters degrees*
*struggles to understand Champions League*

I thought the winners were dead on and coed scores were as well. My confusion comes from the all girls scores. They make absolutely no sense at all.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

This whole thing was so hyped up and so mysterious, I'm thoroughly disappointed and I didn't even attend. The vibe I'm getting is a celebrity event focusing on cheerleaders. Aren't we trying to stop the "cheerlebrity" craze?

I didn't get the whole prom thing, especially if people want cheerleading to be considered a sport? How many sports have proms? This makes cheerleading look more like a dance or show type of exhibition and nothing serious. Just my opinion of course, I'm sure it was fun, but I say lets get back to some serious cheerleading!

I think the prom was a nice touch for the girls.. It is true.. many high school age girls miss their proms to cheer. My d is in college now so I've seen this over many years. I was fortunate mine didn't have to miss but many of her friends and team mates did. For years and years comps have sponsored Cheesy Dance parties the night before a competition. Let's keep in mind this was no ordinary comp and was being filmed as a motion picture. I think it was great that the "stars" of the movie got a chance to walk a red carpet just like anyone else who would be in a movie. I think the "seriousness" of cheerleading exhibited in the film will speak for itself.

This whole thing was so hyped up and so mysterious, I'm thoroughly disappointed and I didn't even attend. The vibe I'm getting is a celebrity event focusing on cheerleaders. Aren't we trying to stop the "cheerlebrity" craze?

I don't think you can ever erase the "celebrity teams" aspect of cheer... they are just that because they earned it. The beauty of this event was it was celebrating "whole teams" not individuals. I noticed a lot of twitter... teams local to me that were "not" invited were trashing the event. Jealous??? Not sure.. I'm sure they wouldn't be saying as much if they were there and walking the red carpet. I saw a lot of positive tweets for the event as a whole and was happy to be following twitter from home. My understanding was that anyone could request to be a wild card team so there should be no hard feelings if you were not invited this year. It was a very new concept so it is developing. As far as who gets invited in the future we shall see... I guess it's always good to "play nice" if you are a gym owner to increase your chances of being invited!

Last edited:
I would just like fierceboard (@King ) to add Best Emotion as a title under our avatar.
IF the general public sees this movie, will it help the image of cheerleading? Those specialty awards sure won't help. I still think CHEER on Lifetime was the best we've had.

I think, on the whole, this competition has potential. You have to start somewhere and as long as they really take a critical look at the logistics, I think it can become something cool.

And this is random but I'm giving a public shout out to CSP. We complain (a lot really) about long practices, being pushed to exhaustion, past the breaking point sometimes. But if she hadn't done that with these kids as standard practice, I'm not sure Coed Elite could've done what they did in the practice round and come back out a few hours later and do it again. I'm so proud of all of them!

THIS THIS THIS.

You can't say you're against the concept of cheerlebrities when you put them on a red carpet and in movies.

I also don't think any of the participating gyms that agreed to red carpets, live telecast, and movies should have anything to say about their kids bring approached at competitions either now. Just as actors accept fandom and paparazzi as part of choosing a life in the public eye, the gyms have set up the exact same scenario. I hope they have plans in place to deal with it instead of blaming the kids that have only watched the event the gyms wanted to create and felt was so important to the industry.

How much of the competition will be included in the movie? Just the events from last night or stuff from today too? What about WildCard rounds?

I also don't think any of the participating gyms that agreed to red carpets, live telecast, and movies should have anything to say about their kids bring approached at competitions either now. Just as actors accept fandom and paparazzi as part of choosing a life in the public eye, the gyms have set up the exact same scenario. I hope they have plans in place to deal with it instead of blaming the kids that have only watched the event the gyms wanted to create and felt was so important to the industry.

YES I agree to all of this. Gyms can't say hey you must respect our teams privacy, etc when they willingly put themselves out there in agreeing to doing a movie.
Do I personally think the fans should be respectful of teams and athletes at competitions. Yes. But when you start to do things such as red carpets, and movie events. I can't have a ton of sympathy if the problem becomes worse. Just like when athletes willingly sponsor products, etc. but then are all upset when people want to be all over them. :rolleyes:

To play off what @Cheerfan1234 said....outside of the "Hit/Didn't Hit" tweets 99% of my social media was about red carpet, dresses, hair, makeup, uniforms and practice wear. In all seriousness I think I saw one tweet that mentioned an actual skill someone performed last night. Maybe I don't follow the right people ?

I'm not anti-Champions League. There's something to be said for the best of the best competing against each other. Most sports have this. But the pageantry that was added to this is a darn shame and in my opinion benefited no one but the elite gyms making themselves feel more elite.

Back