All-Star Cheer Alliance 16 Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wouldn't say it wasn't on score if two panels reviewed the highest scoring coed and all girl.

From @AllenShearer on twitter:

@cheerUPDATES both panels reviewed @WEGenerals & @TopGunLargeCoed & were unanimous in their decision. Congrats to a great champion Top Gun.

ETA Saw the tweet above from generals coach, I would still assume though that score decided who to vote between. :)
Ok, that does make sense, but I still like when the highest score determines a winner (in any sport). But I guess with the comparative way cheer is scored this is an acceptable way to determine Grand Champ. I love both Generals and TGLC so they are both Grand Champs in my book!:)

Let's be real...this year, F5's routine is difficult enough to challenge anyone. And their tumbling is just as good. Panthers left the door open for the cleaner team and it should have been F5 this time. Sometimes I wonder where perception comes into play.

ETA... Before you ask, what I mean by perception is that this routine is a little different for F5. Very fresh. Hard stunts. Sometimes I wonder if judges don't score certain teams according to what they expect, not what they see. Thus wacky scores. Idk. Just mad for the Divas.
dont get me wrong. im with you. F5 dont deserve that placement. what im saying is that why judges scored panthers so high tho they didnt hit and executed their stunts well.

i had hope for cheer alliance since it was the brainchild of coaches from some of the top gyms... but the scoring doesnt make sense and the grand champions dont make sense..... it basically turned into another hot mess similar to champions league.
im kinda over the selective competitions at this point.
...I can never choose a favorite in large senior, but SE placing first was the only thing i think they got right placement wise. i dont get how panthers placed 2nd, and F5 getting 4th is crap.
ill be curious to see what coaches say about the competition now that its over.

Last edited:
If we're being honest SE has zero difficulty in their pyramid all they do is flip all over the place but don't do any full ups or tick tocks, and in their running tumbling they had a lot of fulls, F5 has increased their tumbling but their stunting is still not difficult. LAG is a blood bath every time they compete against each other and you always hear how fans think the the placement is wrong. SE won because they hit and F5 placed 4th because their routine isn't that difficult but we are not judges so please stop saying teams don't deserve the placement they got.

If we're being honest SE has zero difficulty in their pyramid all they do is flip all over the place but don't do any full ups or tick tocks, and in their running tumbling they had a lot of fulls, F5 has increased their tumbling but their stunting is still not difficult. LAG is a blood bath every time they compete against each other and you always hear how fans think the the placement is wrong. SE won because they hit and F5 placed 4th because their routine isn't that difficult but we are not judges so please stop saying teams don't deserve the placement they got.

F5 was cleaner than Panthers at this competition, and about as difficult as SE. So at least, they should have made 2nd. 3rd at the very least. No hate.

F5 was cleaner than Panthers at this competition, and about as difficult as SE. So at least, they should have made 2nd. 3rd at the very least. No hate.
You can be clean all you want but if the difficulty is not their you won't place well. F5 might be clean but their stunts were far from difficult. Why do think teams that have falls still beat out the teams that Hit? I agree with you that they should have placed in the top 3 but I'm not judge so my opinion is just that my opinion. I love watching LAG and LGCoed but these are divisions are tough. I just try and respect every teams placement, because who am I to tell them they didn't deserve the placement they got.

Last edited:
F5 upped their tumbling but some of those doubles looked forced or iffy. Their stunts are clean but not as difficult as the rest. F5 and SE's pyramid looked OK but not as jam packed like Panthers or Stars. This should be a warning for BSB if they ever want to go back to back because that routine looks beatable

Just look at how close the scores were in large senior, there's really not much difference between the teams. A toe out of place can decide the outcome in that division

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

this comp was a huge flop. with everything. looks like they spent 10$ total for the background, set up and all banners. their "updates" were brutal. placements and scores looked like they were picked out of a hat.. this was a mess. I can almost guarantee cheer alliance will not be a thing next year

Compared to Varsity events.... yes, you're right. I know, as a whole here, were all gung ho about how bad Varsity is and we want more options, but independent EPs and independent comps are most likely not going to have the same production value that Varsity events will have. And they wont have the nice banners, trophies, medals, participation gifts, etc that you get at Varsity events because Varisty has the resources, money, and experience to make those things happen while independents don't. Varsity puts on some nice competitions, ill give them that. But thats because they have thousands and thousands and thousands of hours of practice doing so. If I am understanding correctly, there was no real EP involved in this.

I havent followed the competition today enough to touch upon the other things you have mentioned. But if we want independent EPs and comps, we cant expect Varsity level productions. Atleast not for a little while.

I don't really get the point of these selective comps...isn't it just like a popularity contest to decide who joins? (Not play ins)

F5 had 4pts in deductions, so it wasn't a clean routine. Panthers had 5pts ded, Stars 5.5 ded, and SE 1pt ded. Panthers and Stars had higher raw scores, that's why they placed higher than F5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back