All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

in the past month or so there has been an influx of cheerleaders (mostly CA athletes) selling uniforms and practice wear on poshmark of current/past CA uniforms... some even going for ridiculously high $$$. do you have an opinion on this? once the athletes leave the program, I realize there's not a whole lot you can do, but do you have any guidelines about this as a program?
I have no idea about their rules but uniforms I think should be kept to the owner, I also really don't see the use of having a random uniform you'll never wear and have no memories attached to haha.

But with practice wear I don't see a problem with it. Most of the teams get a practice wear set for every major comp as well as the gyms practice wear for the year and most likely have way more than they need.

I have no idea about their rules but uniforms I think should be kept to the owner, I also really don't see the use of having a random uniform you'll never wear and have no memories attached to haha.

But with practice wear I don't see a problem with it. Most of the teams get a practice wear set for every major comp as well as the gyms practice wear for the year and most likely have way more than they need.

i agree about the practice wear. i saw one uniform with world champion medal and ring go for like $500 or something... what kid has that kind of money? or what creep is buying it?

I just don't like the whole selling to randoms thing so i figured i'd ask since i know CA works really hard to keep their logo/gym represented in the best way possible.

i agree about the practice wear. i saw one uniform with world champion medal and ring go for like $500 or something... what kid has that kind of money? or what creep is buying it?

I just don't like the whole selling to randoms thing so i figured i'd ask since i know CA works really hard to keep their logo/gym represented in the best way possible.
I just don't get why you would want a medal and a ring that you didn't earn..like cool you own them but you can't buy the memories and pride that come with them. I could never sell those if I had won them.

I've seen people selling Panther uniforms (the one they wore for like 3 years), and 3/4 sleeve panther uniform, Cheetah uniforms (the one they wore for a few years), the CA program uniform for senior teams, the CA program uniform for Junior teams, the skort to the brand new (worlds 2015) panther uniform, Swooshcats uniform, Pumas uniform, Fierckatz pants, CA prep team uniform, Ladykatz uniform, and tons more.

I mean its a good way to get quick cash, but who in the world is buying these uniforms???

Its not just CA either, i've seen tons of uniforms for sale the past few months. Tons of California Allstars uniforms, some CEA uniforms, and a few other gyms.

I'm just really confused what people are buying them for...? To collect them? Doesn't make sense to me. Surprised these athletes can't sell them back to their gym or something for another athlete to use...

in the past month or so there has been an influx of cheerleaders (mostly CA athletes) selling uniforms and practice wear on poshmark of current/past CA uniforms... some even going for ridiculously high $$$. do you have an opinion on this? once the athletes leave the program, I realize there's not a whole lot you can do, but do you have any guidelines about this as a program?

The uniforms are owned by the athletes and/or their families, so there really isn't much we can do about it. I'm not a big fan of them selling to random folks necessarily, but it is their property.

Last edited:
Why would you sell your worlds medal or ring???

I know I watched a 30 for 30 documentary on professional athletes going broke. Many of those who REALLY needed the money sold their Super Bowl/Finals/whatever rings because they were going to miss a mortgage payment.

That leads me to think you will sell anything if you really need the money.

Maybe for some it's keeping your Worlds ring/Senior Elite uniform/whatever vs. money for school/books/furniture.

Also, if some are doing another year of cheer past high school graduation (super senioring), their parents may be saying "You can cheer but you're paying for it on your own now."

The question becomes:

Do you want $$$ toward your cheer fees or do you want to hang on to that closet full of uniforms (that you will never wear again) forever?

Regardless of whether I think kids should do it, I could see the draw in it for someone who is young and needs the money.

Last edited:
Thinking about why an athlete might be able to sell memorabilia that will be sentimental to most. I will think, if an athlete has 2 or 3 of uniforms, worlds rings, etc... I can see how parting with the later earned items is possible and easier to do for athletes. I noticed that the 1st uniform or even anything earned and obtained first have a greater sentimental value, but if you won 4 worlds rings, those other 2 or 3 does not have the same sentimental value as that 1st ring or even the last ring before retirement. Jmo

I know I watched a 30 for 30 documentary on professional athletes going broke. Many of those who REALLY needed the money sold their Super Bowl/Finals/whatever rings because they were going to miss a mortgage payment.

That leads me to think you will sell anything if you really need the money.

Maybe for some it's keeping your Worlds ring/Senior Elite uniform/whatever vs. money for school/books/furniture.

Also, if some are doing another year of cheer past high school graduation (super senioring), their parents may be saying "You can cheer but you're paying for it on your own now."

The question becomes:

Do you want $$$ toward your cheer fees or do you want to hang on to that closet full of uniforms (that you will never wear again) forever?

Regardless of whether I think kids should do it, I could see the draw in it for someone who is young and needs the money.
I'd think there's a big difference in market value for Dwight Goooden's '86 World Series ring (the crazy story of him running across traffic heavy Woodhaven Blvd. in Queens in the middle of the night in the pouring rain to get to the pawn shop comes to mind) and a cheerleading Worlds ring. That being said, it's theirs to sell (although why someone would want to buy it or a uniform I just don't get). If they want/need the money and someone is willing to buy it then they have every right to do so.

I'd think there's a big difference in market value for Dwight Goooden's '86 World Series ring (the crazy story of him running across traffic heavy Woodhaven Blvd. in Queens in the middle of the night in the pouring rain to get to the pawn shop comes to mind) and a cheerleading Worlds ring. That being said, it's theirs to sell (although why someone would want to buy it or a uniform I just don't get). If they want/need the money and someone is willing to buy it then they have every right to do so.

As for the "Who would want this?" question, there are probably some SUPER-OBSESSED kids out there with access to mom and dad's credit card.

Remember what some of those autographed backpacks were going for when some teams did that auction for charity?

Any recommendations for a good tumble coach at CA Plano while we are at SuperCAmp?
There is a list of instructors on the CA website under the "What We Do" tab - I don't know if I know how to post a link here:confused: CP has worked with Dustin, Dontay, and Shannon for tumbling. Zach S is one of CP's team coaches and I have heard really good things about him. Honestly, they are all very good but they do have different coaching styles so, like @Kris said, it might be easier to see who she clicks with after the first day.

So there is a girl on Poshmark (that's how I found her, she also has a Twitter/Instagram) and claims she was on cheetahs or panthers (she's telling people different things) and bought a panther uniform. Many panthers and cheetahs have said they don't know who this girl is, nor as she been on their team.
How would you guys handle this situation, or would you just let it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So there is a girl on Poshmark (that's how I found her, she also has a Twitter/Instagram) and claims she was on cheetahs or panthers (she's telling people different things) and bought a panther uniform. Many panthers and cheetahs have said they don't know who this girl is, nor as she been on their team.
How would you guys handle this situation, or would you just let it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how they could police this. If nothing else, if everyone knows that you aren't/weren't on Cheetahs/Panthers, all you do is look silly?

Back