All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This was brought up in another thread and made me curious. Is it common for open age athletes who try out to not make any team? If so, is it more common for males or females to not make a team or is there not much difference? I'm sure it varies season to season though.

What skills do I need to have to make Wildcats, can I send a video? What is rent like down there? Tuition etc.? I apologize if it's been answered somewhere.

What skills do I need to have to make Wildcats, can I send a video? What is rent like down there? Tuition etc.? I apologize if it's been answered somewhere.
Tuition is in their tryout packet online I believe? Wildcats is one of their top tier teams so you would need to have extremely solid level 5 tumbling and stunting skills.

Tuition is in their tryout packet online I believe? Wildcats is one of their top tier teams so you would need to have extremely solid level 5 tumbling and stunting skills.
I'm aware. Just wanted to know if there's a basic checklist you need for even trying out, so I know what to work on.

This was brought up in another thread and made me curious. Is it common for open age athletes who try out to not make any team? If so, is it more common for males or females to not make a team or is there not much difference? I'm sure it varies season to season though.

Honestly, we are in the business of all star cheer, so we have the vast majority of athletes on teams. (Easily around 99%.) Open-aged athletes (college or older) is somewhat more selective than HS aged and down. That is mostly because there simply aren't that many divisions or levels for those age groups. Before we had an open 4, it was particularly tough to make an open team.

I don't know that there is really a gender difference overall. That mostly varies with the specific people trying out that season.

You may try out by video, but there is a pretty substantial cost for that. (We much prefer people try out in person, if possible.)

You can see that, and all of our costs online in our tryout/evaluation packet.

Making the floor on Wildcats is a challenge for all but ultra-elite athletes. As another person had suggested, I would watch videos and use that for comparison. There really aren't set requirements, but you generally either need to be one of the best tumblers in the country, an elite coed stunter, or both. On the plus side, it is a phenomenal experience for those athletes.

(Similar things could be said for our other teams, but he asked about Wildcats.)

You may try out by video, but there is a pretty substantial cost for that. (We much prefer people try out in person, if possible.)

You can see that, and all of our costs online in our tryout/evaluation packet.

Making the floor on Wildcats is a challenge for all but ultra-elite athletes. As another person had suggested, I would watch videos and use that for comparison. There really aren't set requirements, but you generally either need to be one of the best tumblers in the country, an elite coed stunter, or both. On the plus side, it is a phenomenal experience for those athletes.

(Similar things could be said for our other teams, but he asked about Wildcats.)
I likely won't be ready this year, but I hope to be next year. See you then.

Not sure if this have been asked or not (I apologize if so) but say someone is still of Senior eligibility, but they have the qualifications to compete w a team like the Wildcats or Claw 6. Would they get placed on that team? Or would they be placed on a senior team? Qualifications IE like you mentioned, "Ultra-Elite" Tumbling, and superb stunting.

Not sure if this have been asked or not (I apologize if so) but say someone is still of Senior eligibility, but they have the qualifications to compete w a team like the Wildcats or Claw 6. Would they get placed on that team? Or would they be placed on a senior team? Qualifications IE like you mentioned, "Ultra-Elite" Tumbling, and superb stunting.

Generally, if they are still senior-eligible, they will be placed on a senior team. This is particularly true of males. Occasionally, senior-age (usually older: 17-18) girls will be put on international teams to be flyers if the situation warrants.

Edit: The all-girl or small coed international teams (with multiple all-girl style base groups) may have a few older senior-aged athletes if the situation warrants. The unbalanced emphasis on stunting at Worlds for the "international" divisions forces a different type of roster for those teams.

Last edited:
Generally, if they are still senior-eligible, they will usually be placed on a senior team. This is particularly true of males. Occasionally, senior-age (usually older: 17-18) girls will be put on international teams to be flyers if the situation warrants.
thank you! i've noticed that about the flyers, i assumed you really had to be a top notch flyer to make an international team while you're still senior eligible. but i've never noticed any males that were senior eligible but on an IOC. but thanks, that was definitely informative.

For my final project at college I'm designing and making a cheer uniform, as part of it I'm researching uniforms throughout the years, as you guys have been around pretty much the longest do you have anywhere I can see some uniforms? I can find ones from 2010+ but would love to see some ones pre-2000! Thanks

So now that it is public information, is Columbus a brand new facility/staff/gym? Who is going to be the director?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back