All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It is a brand new facility. (not a merger/buyout/etc.) We do have a multi-year veteran CA coach moving in to be the director, but I cannot release their name until next week.

Have you done that with all of your gyms (bring a veteran from your original location out to direct it?)

So, the director will be a current CA coach, not a current athlete/coach?

Yes. We want to give that person time to break the news to the teams they currently coach before releasing their name publicly. Those are going to be some sad athletes, unfortunately. Probably happy for their opportunity, but sad to see that person go. They will finish the season with their current teams, perhaps missing a practice or two for trips to OH.

Last edited:
Yes. We want to give that person time to break the news to the teams they currently coach before releasing their name publicly. Those are going to be some sad athletes, unfortunately. Probably happy for the opportunity, but sad to see that person go. They will finish the season with their current teams, perhaps missing a practice or two for trips to OH.
Totally get it. Best of luck! I lived there 38 years and my daughter cheered there 7/10 years. There are a LOT of great athletes up there. Always wished they would just pool all that talent. If all 15 (exaggerated) small gums combined to one up there, they'd be a force to be reckoned with.

how many sq ft is the new location? how many teams? which levels?

How would they know how many teams and what levels until they have tryouts?

We anticipate giving the address and details about the facility within a few days. Regarding the teams, we don't know teams until after tryouts. (That is true at any of our facilities.) We will make the strongest teams possible from the people trying out.

If I remember correctly, I believe you said that your Charlotte location grew faster than you had anticipated it to. Do you think the same kind of growth will happen in Columbus? Are you doing anything different for Columbus because of the popularity of Charlotte?

This is so exciting, best of luck!!

Vizion is also opening a new location in Columbus next season, I think. I remember some announcement at a comp, but don't quote me lol. Lots of talent in the Buckeye State - great gyms and people. I am already thinking "Scarlet Catz" "Gray Catz"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally get it. Best of luck! I lived there 38 years and my daughter cheered there 7/10 years. There are a LOT of great athletes up there. Always wished they would just pool all that talent. If all 15 (exaggerated) small gums combined to one up there, they'd be a force to be reckoned with.
15 isn't far off...
Step 1, Matrix, Midwest, Rock Solid, Vizion, Mystiq Jewels... Those are the ones just from the top of my head. Lots of smaller gyms too. Within a 2 hour drive- close to 25 gyms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. We want to give that person time to break the news to the teams they currently coach before releasing their name publicly. Those are going to be some sad athletes, unfortunately. Probably happy for their opportunity, but sad to see that person go. They will finish the season with their current teams, perhaps missing a practice or two for trips to OH.
Do you worry that continuing to send veteran coaches out to direct new locations will hurt Plano by no longer having those coaches?

Back