All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What family life? Lol.

It can be difficult (we only drive 2.5 hrs each way) but some of the results can be great. Closeness, valued time, better time management etc...

**Lets be clear, it was the food talk that locked the thread. Food=bad, Puppies = good**
That saddest thing I've ever seen was marriages and families fall apart because one parent was always taking the kid to something. Sally blames Susie for mom missing her birthday party to drive to practice or for dad cheating on mom since she was always on the road and unavailable.
Not saying it always happens but I've definitely seen some family lives deteriorate because of traveling :(

That saddest thing I've ever seen was marriages and families fall apart because one parent was always taking the kid to something. Sally blames Susie for mom missing her birthday party to drive to practice or for dad cheating on mom since she was always on the road and unavailable.
Not saying it always happens but I've definitely seen some family lives deteriorate because of traveling :(
You have a point but If someone is cheating there are bigger issues than cheer.

**Lets be clear, it was the food talk that locked the thread. Food=bad, Puppies = good**

I did it for a season, 2 hours each way. We had a carpool and I drove once a week (twice if I chose to drive for a private or something) and while we did not have the best season, my child learned a lot and experienced the pressure of getting on the mat with a top program. There were just things the local programs could not offer my level 5 eight year old. (And it wasn't being on level 5 because she was on level 3)

I don't have any regrets about that time in the car with my daughter and her friends. I would do it again if it were what was best for my daughter. My parents once did the same for me. It's a personal choice and it's not for everyone but it was for us.

If I ever get out of my uhaul, we will be 10 minutes from Droplets new gym. Sadly I am not currently there with her but from the attitude, videos, pictures, and my daughters happiness, I would walk uphill both ways barefoot in the snow to get her there.

Wow seeing how much some parents go through to get their kids to practice is crazy! I'm so thankful that one of the best gyms in my country is only a 10 minute drive from my house. I've always gone to this gym and I'm so glad I haven't had a reason to leave or switch gyms. Props to all you parents who care about your kids enough to sit in a car for even an hour a night!

We commute 2.5-3 hours each way and it only costs me an extra $100/month in gas. We only go to that gym for practice, she tumbles at a gym 15 minutes away the rest of the week...

Dang i need to know how you're getting cheap gas!!
Its $50 just for one practice for me
We drive 3hrs there and 3 back at $50 round trip. And do that 2x a week.

Question for those parents that drive 4 hours to CA...
What do you do while they practice? My dad used to drive me to a gym that was only 1 1/2 ish away, and he'd either sit in the parking lot the whole time or he'd go thrift shopping.... I'd come back to the car and he'd bought like 10 new records... He was always so bored haha.

We usually watch practice

Last edited by a moderator:
First gym was around 15 minutes but when looking for something different we went with the most suitable option available. It just happened to be a bit of a drive. Current commute is about 20 minutes but cp rides with a friend. My wife did a lot of that driving as she is a stay at home wife.

We did similar travel times for non-CP when playing hockey. though practices were local that league was based in a town almost 3 hrs away so we did a lot of winter travel for that as well.

Whatttttt. If you and Cheer Mom were carting non-cp 3 hrs to practice when I was cheering with CP and you were getting him to multiple teams practices AND working all those games then I am truly amazed [emoji33]

Whatttttt. If you and Cheer Mom were carting non-cp 3 hrs to practice when I was cheering with CP and you were getting him to multiple teams practices AND working all those games then I am truly amazed [emoji33]
No that was our first gym. We live 25-30 minutes away from your parents.

I did that drive from Houston to Dallas and back this weekend. While not bad at all to do once, I can't imagine doing it twice a week. Props to you!!

We usually watc

We usually watch practice

Very fuel efficient car!

We love Dustin and John for tumbling. Kahuna for stunting, but they are all awesome.
Thanks for the recommendations! Since you have to contact the coach directly to schedule, I needed a little guidance. so many coaches to pick from!!

in the past month or so there has been an influx of cheerleaders (mostly CA athletes) selling uniforms and practice wear on poshmark of current/past CA uniforms... some even going for ridiculously high $$$. do you have an opinion on this? once the athletes leave the program, I realize there's not a whole lot you can do, but do you have any guidelines about this as a program?

Back