All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We have some coaches that have a strong enough academic background and will be involved, but it won't be limited to people who coach teams necessarily. There is a cost involved and it is similar to a private lesson. We are definitely excited to see how this service goes.

For more specific information, contact Cameron Jones at [email protected].

Jumping off of this... as traveling/moving in with host families grows and the number of kids choosing online homeschooling for cheer increases, do you ever see CA having homeschooling groups with hired teachers or tutors similar to an elite gymnastics team set-up? or is that what this new program is piloting?

In addition to this, I saw that CEA (I think it was them?) offered a homeschoolers tumbling class that was during regular school hours. Would you consider this or is it cost prohibitive to open up the gym during school hours?

Jumping off of this... as traveling/moving in with host families grows and the number of kids choosing online homeschooling for cheer increases, do you ever see CA having homeschooling groups with hired teachers or tutors similar to an elite gymnastics team set-up? or is that what this new program is piloting?

In addition to this, I saw that CEA (I think it was them?) offered a homeschoolers tumbling class that was during regular school hours. Would you consider this or is it cost prohibitive to open up the gym during school hours?
I don't foresee our program going in that particular direction (organized homeschooling program), but I suppose anything is possible. That isn't the purpose of this program.

We would consider offering classes during the day if there was demand. If you got 5-6 students, it would probably be cost effective.

Is there a story as to why panthers have red bows? I feel like I've heard one before but I can't remember why and it's been niggling at the back of my brain for days now

Is there a story as to why panthers have red bows? I feel like I've heard one before but I can't remember why and it's been niggling at the back of my brain for days now

If the team had something in particular in mind, I don't remember. I don't think it is anything big or super-secret.

have you ever received a response from that sent email?

2 Board members reached out individually with very short "thanks for your feedback" generic kind of responses, but nothing of substance.

In fairness, suggesting to the power structure than we need fundamental changes to the power structure doesn't often go over well.

We have some coaches that have a strong enough academic background and will be involved, but it won't be limited to people who coach teams necessarily. There is a cost involved and it is similar to a private lesson. We are definitely excited to see how this service goes.

For more specific information, contact Cameron Jones at [email protected].
So will it be at the gym and athletes come in before their cheer practice and do their schoolwork? I haven't heard of this idea before so I'm curious.

So will it be at the gym and athletes come in before their cheer practice and do their schoolwork? I haven't heard of this idea before so I'm curious.
It basically works like a private lesson - could be done any time, including right before or after a practice.

Dear Bluecat,

There are so many rumors flying about CA opening in Arizona next season or possibly the season after. Can you shed any light on this, please?
p.s. the rumors flying are all positive & have people very excited.

Thank you

Dear Bluecat,

There are so many rumors flying about CA opening in Arizona next season or possibly the season after. Can you shed any light on this, please?
p.s. the rumors flying are all positive & have people very excited.

Thank you

We have no current plans to open a new gym anywhere in 2017. We have grown incredibly fast over the last 4-5 years and we need to slow that down to "catch our breath" a little bit. We are spending at least the next year or so working to improve our customer service and internal systems/structure.

We honestly do not have any specific locations targeted beyond that date at this time.

We have no current plans to open a new gym anywhere in 2017. We have grown incredibly fast over the last 4-5 years and we need to slow that down to "catch our breath" a little bit. We are spending at least the next year or so working to improve our customer service and internal systems/structure.

We honestly do not have any specific locations targeted beyond that date at this time.

Thank you so much! We wish you the best season from Arizona

That is nearly impossible to say, but I'll give it a shot:
1. For better or worse, I think that more and more of the "big name" gyms will start to have multiple locations.
2. I think that we will have a universal scoresheet and completely public scoring. People will look back and be amazed that anyone was ever opposed to it.
3. Worlds will still be at Disney. People will still be complaining about the Apple Field House being much too small to host the event, even though it is now spread out over 4 days instead of 2.
4. A new gym that has not even opened yet (as of 2011) will have won 2 golds.
5. China will have won at least 3 golds, at least 1 in a senior division.
6. A reality show featuring the top 3-4 Large Senior All Girl teams will be a primetime hit.
7. Varsity, Inc. president - Justin Carrier.

I would like to see it growing at a steady, sustainable pace, with a recovered economy that will allow more athletes to be a part.

I found this when I was scrolling through the old threads today (bored Sunday problems). @BlueCat, it's been 5 years since you posted this, the original question was "Where will cheer be in 5/10 years?" What are your thoughts, looking back on this post?

Last edited:
I found this when I was scrolling through the old threads today (bored Sunday problems). Just thought I would bring it up @BlueCat, it's been 5 years since you posted this (The original question was "Where will cheer be in 5/10 years?") We're still waiting on that universal scoresheet though :( What are your thoughts, looking back on this post?

Well, I got some of them right.

1. More big name gyms will expand. That is clearly true. I believe that trend will continue. I don't, however, believe the doomsayers that claim 4-5 programs will own most of the cheer gyms. Running multiple gyms well is dramatically harder than running one. (In fairness, though, I would never have thought there would be so much consolidation in the event industry.)

2. Universal scoresheet, public scoring. I still think it is absurd that these haven't happened completely.

3. Worlds still at Disney, spread out over 4 days instead of 2. Same basic complaints. I was pretty close on this.

4. New gym will have won Worlds. I don't believe this is true and I believe this is becoming harder and harder with the rise of Summit. I believe Summit, if it continues in its current form, has/will create more split between the "haves" and the "have nots" in the long run. This will make it even tougher for someone to break in at the Worlds level. As always, I could be wrong. I am not a big fan of Summit. (The event is generally well run, but I don't like the push it has on the industry for multiple reasons.)

5. China will have won Worlds. I think this is less likely now. China certainly has the resources to pull this off if they chose to focus on it, I just don't think they will go that direction. (The Olympic thing could change this.)

6. Reality Show in large senior. This was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I hope this does NOT happen.

7. Justin Carrier president of Varsity. I would have much higher level of trust in big V if this were the case. Justin is a rock star, IMO.

Last edited:
Back