Cheer Fusion Or Maryland Twisters-sterling,va

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why not both? If you have true level 3 skills, then you're likely to make the team at either one. If you are pushing for level 3 skills then you might not make it at one or at both.

If you're not sure, try out at both and get a feel for the gyms, the staff, the coaches, the other girls etc. Getting a feel for the atmosphere might help you make your decision.

They are both great programs, but I think you will find major differences between the two, so it really depends on what you are looking for above and beyond the team level. I happen to really like the Director for Cheer Fusion and have a lot of respect for her. I agree that you should either try out or visit both locations, but don't get stuck on just the level as the criteria for selecting one or the other.

They are both great programs, but I think you will find major differences between the two, so it really depends on what you are looking for above and beyond the team level. I happen to really like the Director for Cheer Fusion and have a lot of respect for her. I agree that you should either try out or visit both locations, but don't get stuck on just the level as the criteria for selecting one or the other.
I want a program that we develop her for a level 5 team.

Why not both? If you have true level 3 skills, then you're likely to make the team at either one. If you are pushing for level 3 skills then you might not make it at one or at both.

If you're not sure, try out at both and get a feel for the gyms, the staff, the coaches, the other girls etc. Getting a feel for the atmosphere might help you make your decision.
Thanks. I'm new to this.

@Newcheermom15 both are fantastic programs. I believe Twisters travels quite a bit more than Cheer Fusion so that will definitely be one thing you will need to consider. Costs are probably more at Twisters as well. I suggest visiting both gyms, talking to the staff at the gym and make your decision from there.

Regarding level 5, your child needs to develop themselves for level 5 - their drive and skill will determine if and when they are a level 5 athlete, not the gym.

The gyms aren't anywhere near each other (Sterling for MT and Fredericksburg for CF), which is a huge factor in NOVA, as drive time can be substantial in the area.

Cheer Fusion is a great program that focuses on technique and execution in addition to proper progression. It has been very successful in terms of Summit bids/results and took a team to worlds this year (the first year they've had a worlds team). CF is led by passionate, knowledgeable coaches who care about all of the things I think are important in this sport - integrity, safety, an athlete-first viewpoint. I highly recommend Cheer Fusion. @CoachMandiCF can give you more information.

Maryland Twisters Sterling location is new this year, so I don't know anything about it specifically, but that organization is also highly reputable and I would feel comfortable sending a child there, as well. The main location is within a couple of hours (depending on time of day, lol) so I would imagine that they will have a good amount of coaching support from the main gym (but I don't know of this for sure). They obviously have never had a worlds team from this location, as it is new this year, but I don't think that will prevent them from having one, should they have that level of athlete come in for try outs.

There are lots of other smaller gyms in the area that do a good job of teaching skills and progressions properly. I definitely recommend checking out classes or open gyms to see what feels like the best fit for your athlete and your family. I also recommend making the drive during what might be a "normal" practice time to get a feel for what the traffic situation is like.

(Disclaimer - I will be coaching at another local NOVA gym this upcoming season. I've always felt that gyms in the area aren't really rivals, more friendly competitors, so I am happy to make sure that every kid knows that there is a gym out there that fits his or her needs.)

Thank you everyone for the kind words about Cheer Fusion. My email is [email protected] and I can give some more in depth answers in regards to projected Level 3 teams as well as our anticipated schedule.

We were blessed to take 5 teams to Summit this season as well as our first Worlds team. There are also many great options in the NOVA area depending on what you're looking for in terms of travel.

As @SarahS mentioned, we are quite far from Twisters new location. I believe it's about 70 miles. Which, in NOVA is a lot ☺️

I want a program that we develop her for a level 5 team.
Okay but you need to find out at both the time commitment as well as the drive. A lot of that depends where you live (assuming NOVA based on your input). Since you joined yesterday and said newcheermom but say you are looking at level 3 be aware that tumbling is not the only thing that matters.
I think both gyms are great we have friends at both. I can tell you went to the new location tonight for clinics and was impressed with the owner, coaches, etc. That said we have friends who drive a distance because the love Cheer Fusion. I think you need to look at the distance, see what is best for your family and make a choice that fits your needs.

Which level 3 team to try out for? Help!

Did you attend the open house and free clinic at MT Sterling yesterday?

Cheer Fusion is offering free tryout clinics next week. You should have your athlete attend.

My cp will be trying out for Cheer Fusion and from what I see it's a very good program that focuses on technique. The pricing for both gyms vary with MT being significantly more expensive.

I agree... don't get stuck on the level as your deciding point. My daughter just finished her first season at Cheer Fusion (we are close to all of the NOVA cheer gyms and still choose to drive over an hour to get there). When she tried out last year she made their Senior 3 team but she really struggled with her tumbling and between Coach Mandi, my daughter, and I, we all decided that moving her to a Senior 2 would be better for her as she built her confidence in her place in the new gym and in her skills. It was the best decision ever. My daughter's tumbling has gotten stronger and her confidence is much higher. She was fortunate too in that her new team made it to Summit this year which really added a boost to her confidence. Trust in the coaches and their advice to you. I can't speak for Twisters, but I know at Cheer Fusion they really want to build the best teams for both the gym AND the athletes.

Back