All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Look no further...my kids have bob with pouf on lock...

28vsggk.jpg
Your girls are rockin' the poof. They look awesome...

Today we did poof and cheer curls...they came out fantastic. They did come with some tears and frustration but a couple girls from another team asked to take a picture of her hair because it looked so good and they wanted to duplicate it. It really made me laugh because I almost strangled her with the cord of that curling iron:help:...on purpose...BRAT. I have a whole new respect for cheercurl (s)...hahahaha I just crack myself up sometimes.

Can someone post some nice pictures of cheer hair cut in a bob... Bob with a pouf, Bob with a headband, bob with a bow, long bob short bob. Trying to convince my daughter we should do it....any pics you got would be great. I tried pinterest, google images, and surprisingly there are very few pictures of Cheer Hair Straight bob????
I had mine cut into a long-ish bob in May (like Julianne Hough in Save Haven). This is the only picture I have of it done up for cheer (I think this was taken at our last practice of the season). I have some picture of it curled too if you want a curly bob, but it's not in a poof.
fu5kyv.png

I had mine cut into a long-ish bob in May (like Julianne Hough in Save Haven). This is the only picture I have of it done up for cheer (I think this was taken at our last practice of the season). I have some picture of it curled too if you want a curly bob, but it's not in a poof.
fu5kyv.png
I love that! But I think we would still have to curl it if it was that long...

One of the things I love about the system we've worked out for hair is that we don't redo CP's curls. Bump gets redone - and she got more compliments on her curls day 2 than day 1. Go figure. Score for this mama!
How do you keep them from falling?
Mine start at my shoulderslike this:
but then by the time I compete they've fallen a ton (see avi) and then if I sleep in them they're just pretty much gone. I don't mind them falling to some extent but they fall so much that they're useless for day 2. I use gel when I put them in and then aquanet immediately when I take them out and throughout the day I spray again, but they just keep falling! There's no way I could sleep in them - they look awful after that - but my mom hates having to do them twice during two days. Maybe I need a stronger gel?

How do you keep them from falling?
I edited your post a bit to save room :) But do you hairspray your hair before you curl it? I'm not sure if you used Curlformers or not, but when I use a curling iron it really helps me to coat the strand in hairspray before I curl it. I've never used gel, so I'm not sure if it works the same.

I edited your post a bit to save room :) But do you hairspray your hair before you curl it? I'm not sure if you used Curlformers or not, but when I use a curling iron it really helps me to coat the strand in hairspray before I curl it. I've never used gel, so I'm not sure if it works the same.
I use curlformers and sleep in the... I guess I forgot to mention that :oops:

I use curlformers and sleep in the... I guess I forgot to mention that :oops:
Haha no you're fine!! I've never used curlformers before on myself, but I've helped my friend. We put them in barely damp hair that had been combed out and sprayed with Chi hairspray (right before we put them in). After we finished, we sprayed them with Freeze it and she slept in them. They did fall out just a bit, but not that much. Her hair is super long and very thick and doesn't hold a curl very well. I hope this helps!! :)

Haha no you're fine!! I've never used curlformers before on myself, but I've helped my friend. We put them in barely damp hair that had been combed out and sprayed with Chi hairspray (right before we put them in). After we finished, we sprayed them with Freeze it and she slept in them. They did fall out just a bit, but not that much. Her hair is super long and very thick and doesn't hold a curl very well. I hope this helps!! :)
So did you use the freeze it while the hair was already in curlformers? I do damp hair +strong hold gel and then spray when I take them out... Maybe spraying while they're in will help

So did you use the freeze it while the hair was already in curlformers? I do damp hair +strong hold gel and then spray when I take them out... Maybe spraying while they're in will help
Yep!! She doesn't use curlformers that often, but it might make them a bit gunky over time.

2jc7mzq.jpg

This is my hair from yesterday, my natural hair teases really well (really curly, processed hair) so I teased the roots of my pony tail, then curled the ends with a wand. I flat ironed the top layer to make it smooth, then curled the ends up!

I'm in love with your hair. Yaaaasss, honey.

We put gel on dry hair and then use a bonnet hair dryer. Seems to lock and set the curls very well! This yr is a pony - doubt we'll get a day 2 out of them but ohhhhhh welllllllllllll View attachment 405View attachment 406

What curlers did you use? Love her curls. That is how CP's team is doing their hair this year, too. Mine is still asleep on her sponge rollers, we'll have to see how her first cheer hair for the year turns out.

Back