All-Star Cheer Mashup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe, and without getting into how on calculates traffic, hits and views I have no doubt that anyone marketing anything in cheer would be more than glad to get .... however a cheer team competing over a season with human interest/interaction thrown in detail will draw audience. The gymnast are doing quite well in the endorsement arena right now. I do not see that opportunity in cheer. I doubt anyone will step forward with a multi million dollar endorsement deal for the next winner of a World's division.

Exactly, thats what everyone is dying to see but no one is doing that yet, CMT is trying. More shows following teams and showing the human element of why we all cheer, we love cheer, we stay with cheer-- is what everyone is wanting. We all thought we would get some of that with Cheer Perfection but that bombed in the sense of what cheerleaders wanted, successful with ratings (just like Here Comes Honey Boo Boo) yes because it was a trainwreck people couldnt help but watch.

CMT's CHEER with CJA is coming soon and people are more excited for a cheer show than I've ever seen. It seems real, it focuses on team/family/group and the appeal that brings them all together.

Why doesn't anyone ever complain about the girls from other teams that everyone talks about? I never see people obsess over every single girl from any team, just a few girls who are talented and also have something else special about them that catches peoples' attention. You don't hear people bashing Kelsey Rule or Kiara Nowlin or Gabi Butler because they're "famous" and no one is swooning over all the other people on their team (I'm not implying anything negative about either of these girls... These are just the only "cheerlebrities" I can name.)

Everyone needs to get off the bitter bus about Maddie.
Because they don't go out of their way, or what it seems like, to gain Attention. They didn't save a the worlds trophy around like they had just been giving a genie in a bottle. Maybe thats how some feel.

Just when you thought she was gone...

xqf4va.gif

Well now thirsty cheerleaders can call on in and explain their obsessions with her in person instead of writing on her Facebook wall...They better have ice water on hand.

I love the way she inspires such passion amongst the men of cheer. It has always fascinated me to read the comments both pro and con and why she motivates those opinions so effectively. I think it bodes well for her show. Keep watching.

Because they don't go out of their way, or what it seems like, to gain Attention. They didn't save a the worlds trophy around like they had just been giving a genie in a bottle. Maybe thats how some feel.

I've had very little success convincing skeptics on a message board. Suffice it to say I disagree with the characterization. I believe being very close to the situation and knowing all the factors that led to that action that what you saw was a genuine expression of a number of emotions being expressed by a young woman at the end of a 15 year cheer career. The attention she got through the video and still shots had nothing to do with what she did, in spite of how it seemed to some. I do respect people who are just who they are, whether or not they gain attention, and do not respect those that gain attention through tearing down others. I respond because this moves past the typical board banter into the realm of personal criticism without reasonable basis of opinion.

I've had very little success convincing skeptics on a message board. Suffice it to say I disagree with the characterization. I believe being very close to the situation and knowing all the factors that led to that action that what you saw was a genuine expression of a number of emotions being expressed by a young woman at the end of a 15 year cheer career. The attention she got through the video and still shots had nothing to do with what she did, in spite of how it seemed to some. I do respect people who are just who they are, whether or not they gain attention, and do not respect those that gain attention through tearing down others. I respond because this moves past the typical board banter into the realm of personal criticism without reasonable basis of opinion.
I am not necessarily saying I feel that way. I am just quoting what people have repeatedly said here.

I am not necessarily saying I feel that way. I am just quoting what people have repeatedly said here.

Fine, but if we are going to move forward, may I suggest getting your eyes unstuck from the back of your head as moving forward and accomplishing goals takes clear forward vision. Look, I don't mind people being critical of Maddie, Cheer Channel or whatever they choose to be critical of here. Free speech is a mixed bag but beats censorship every time. Fire away at her skills, her persona, any show she or this channel does as all opinions are welcome and personally I think the remarks here about the first show were correct and helpful. To tie that whole bag up, I also think the Channel should purchase an ad banner if they want to promote their shows instead of participating in threads. I hope lessons are learned.

But, to take and publicly express a very cynical (cyn·i·cal/ˈsinikəl/Believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity.) view of Maddie's motivation in cheer when she was a participating athlete is going to get a response from me. She spent 15 years trying to do things the right way and fortunately for her, a lot of people liked what they see in her, her credibility and sincerity included, and are very supportive of her. And the vast majority of her support comes from young athletes and their parents and a whole heck of a lot of cheerleaders in foreign countries. I think she got attention for all the right reasons, and people who know her will tell you she is the real deal in life. Maybe you will meet her and get to know her sometime and can make your own conclusions. But as we all know, she is done, no longer on SE, and has moved on to college. She will apparently be on this show and in other cheer related activities, promotions, camps, appearances, publications and obviously will still draw attention and comment to some extent. And if her efforts are only for self promotion, call it as you see it. However, consider giving her a chance and see how it comes across and whether or not it is a positive thing for cheer before you hurt your vision.

First of all, I love the gifs. They're funny. Secondly, I'm jealous of Maddie! There! I said it! Ahh...But to be that young, with your whole life ahead of you, embarking on a new adventure. No team. No parents. You somehow convinced grownup, responsible, people that you could do a job. Now you have to do the job. Other people's jobs depend on you doing yours...well. Come on? Don't you remember the excitement? The terror? Whether she succeeds or fails, at the end of the day, she'll know she can do it. Like a real adult. She's getting a glimpse of her future. Besides, it's better than hosting some lame college radio show, like the other broadcasting students have to do! Yawn...

About the cheerlebrity thing: Starship knows I was never a fan of it. But, now that my youngest is a junior in hs, the things I

Let's try again... Phone probz...

First of all, I love the gifs. They're funny. Secondly, I'm jealous of Maddie! There! I said it! Why? Ahh...But to be that young, with your whole life ahead of you again, embarking on a new adventure. No team. No parents. Just you. You somehow convinced grownup, responsible, people that you could do a job. Now you have to do the job. Other people's jobs depend on you doing yours...well. Come on, people? Don't you remember the excitement? The terror? Whether she succeeds or fails, at the end of the day, she'll know she can do it. Like a real adult. On her own! She's getting a glimpse of her future! It's thrilling! What I wouldn't give to be that surprised by life again! Besides, it's better than hosting some lame college radio show, like the other broadcasting students have to do! Yawn...

About the cheerlebrity thing: Starship knows I was never a fan of it. But, now that my youngest is a junior in hs, the things I used to obsess about, no longer seem important. Pretty soon she'll be in Maddie's shoes. I would hate the idea that folks might deride her, or find her offensive. My baby.

Learn to love it. It's here to stay. Young kids everywhere have seen the opportunities, and exposure being in the spotlight brings, and it makes them want to work harder. In the grand scheme of things, I can't say I see anything wrong with that.

Fine, but if we are going to move forward, may I suggest getting your eyes unstuck from the back of your head as moving forward and accomplishing goals takes clear forward vision. Look, I don't mind people being critical of Maddie, Cheer Channel or whatever they choose to be critical of here. Free speech is a mixed bag but beats censorship every time. Fire away at her skills, her persona, any show she or this channel does as all opinions are welcome and personally I think the remarks here about the first show were correct and helpful. To tie that whole bag up, I also think the Channel should purchase an ad banner if they want to promote their shows instead of participating in threads. I hope lessons are learned.

But, to take and publicly express a very cynical (cyn·i·cal/ˈsinikəl/Believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity.) view of Maddie's motivation in cheer when she was a participating athlete is going to get a response from me. She spent 15 years trying to do things the right way and fortunately for her, a lot of people liked what they see in her, her credibility and sincerity included, and are very supportive of her. And the vast majority of her support comes from young athletes and their parents and a whole heck of a lot of cheerleaders in foreign countries. I think she got attention for all the right reasons, and people who know her will tell you she is the real deal in life. Maybe you will meet her and get to know her sometime and can make your own conclusions. But as we all know, she is done, no longer on SE, and has moved on to college. She will apparently be on this show and in other cheer related activities, promotions, camps, appearances, publications and obviously will still draw attention and comment to some extent. And if her efforts are only for self promotion, call it as you see it. However, consider giving her a chance and see how it comes across and whether or not it is a positive thing for cheer before you hurt your vision.
From what I've heard about maddie, she is a wonderful girl. However, until at day comes where I can talk to her more than asking for a picture amidst the other thousands that want the same thing, my opinion won't change.

Back