All-Star Cheer! Mini Allstars On Lifetime Tv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I also do not understand why an athlete that is on mini team is working kick doubles? Did I read a post right that said the athlete was on a Senior team or did I completely read it wrong?.

Completely agree with everything you've said, but may I ask what is wrong with a mini working kick doubles? I know very little about Midwest Magic, but I can only assume a mini level 1 team is the only team available for the young girl to be on. Her technique seemed to be good and if you're worried about it being unfair for a higher level athlete to be competing on a level one team, how exactly does having a kick double benefit a level one team? It's not like doing level 5 stunting automatically means you have flawless back walkovers.

Completely agree with everything you've said, but may I ask what is wrong with a mini working kick doubles? I know very little about Midwest Magic, but I can only assume a mini level 1 team is the only team available for the young girl to be on. Her technique seemed to be good and if you're worried about it being unfair for a higher level athlete to be competing on a level one team, how exactly does having a kick double benefit a level one team? It's not like doing level 5 stunting automatically means you have flawless back walkovers.

"Kenzie is on the senior 3 team which used to be senior 4." <<<<That is why I question it. Sorry but why is there a child on a Mini 1 team and also a Senior 3 team??

Oh okay, missed that. My apologies.

Oh no need to be sorry I think many people missed that post because no one said anything after it was posted and it shocked me. People complain about moving juniors up to senior teams because they aren't ready to be in with that mix of kids but a mini on a senior team is a HUGE age gap.

"Kenzie is on the senior 3 team which used to be senior 4." <<<<That is why I question it. Sorry but why is there a child on a Mini 1 team and also a Senior 3 team??
yes it's senior aged athletes. i'm actually on the team. the flyers were youth and under aged, and she happens to be one of them.
your right about the age gap, there was a huge age on that team. [ this is most likely going to sound cheesy ] but most of the kids on the team saw them as little sisters and it was more of a family bond team. so i don't think there was that weird age gap or a bad mix. or at least the way i viewed it from the season with that team.

So we finally got a chance to sit down and watch it this afternoon before I had to leave for work and drop cp at the gym. It looks like a T&T job all the way, even down to the font they use for the subtitles. More then once cp said "Thank you for not being that psycho mom!"
1. Having your mini 1 child practice from 5pm-? at night, with private lessons 3 days a week? That would be why she has a tuck and can do college level skills (btw why?) If my kid was in the gym 25 HOURS a week she would be phenomenal as well. Now compare that to Level5mom's cp who is just raw talent and doesnt have to take a million private lessons. Lady your kid isn't the next Kiara, you just throw money at a gym that is mre then happy to take it.
2. If your house burns down...reprioritze your life....especially if your dh loses his job. I'm not impressed that your cp didn't miss any practices, what it does is make me wonder about is where your priorities are.
3. The six pack comment....are you kidding me? Your kid is 8 years old, if she doesn't have some kind of body fat on her, its not healthy.
4. How about you work on her basics? Like a good backwalkover? Or maybe landing her BHS without her feet a city block apart?

I really had high hopes for the show but it seemed to me to be more about "Let's see how crazy these cheer moms really are!" Oh and the showing Step 1 as a "rich" gym and then Magic as a "poor" one was sad. There was just so much wrong with it, but guess what? It will probably be the one picked up...there is a reason why T&T has been going for 3 seasons now...people LOVE LOVE LOVE the crazy!

Now with the facebook pages, I don't think kids under the age of 13, should have facebook pages. My daughter is well over the age limit and I know her password for her facebook account. And that whole argument about letting your kids "connect" with family & friends over the country is baloney to me. If your family & friends want to keep up with your 9 year old, then let them keep up with them on your page. And I seriously doubt that your 2nd cousin,wants to know what little Susie is doing every day or wants them flooding their news feed with game post. Facebook has a age limit for a reason, and there are sites out there for young kids and those are the sites kids should be on. You can only make a page only so private and anyone who has a bit time and computer knowledge can hack a page and find out more about a minor child, than you can imagine. Ok, off my soap box...:)

1. i don't allow them to play games on facebook. they have viruses.
2. it's not "baloney" it's real. They have family from Hawaii to New York. I too have the password for both their facebook and their email. I monitor their friends lists.
3. if their "2nd" cousin didn't want to know the progress of "my little suzie" then they know how to filter their news feed. if they don't know how to do that, then maybe they don't need a facebook either. If it's that bad, they can delete me or the kids. just that simple.
4. if a parent is smart they won't let any information be known on the page period. make up a home town, don't list an email or any indication as to what school your child goes to. no personal pictures as their "profile pic". other pics cannot be seen unless they are direct friends with them.
we can argue back and forth til we're blue in the face. you raise your kid your way and i'll raise my kids mine...i don't judge others on how they do their thing, i don't expect to be judged in my methods either.

3. The six pack comment....are you kidding me? Your kid is 8 years old, if she doesn't have some kind of body fat on her, its not healthy.
I was that 8 year old with zero body fat, so of COURSE I showed muscle when I had it- there wasn't anything in the way to keep it hidden! There is no polite way to say that I was just naturally REALLY underweight, and looking at pictures of my younger self I'm surprised people weren't trying to constantly shove food at me to make sure I wasn't malnourished. Then again my mother has a ridiculously high metabolism and I take after her..comes with her whole side of the family.

So we finally got a chance to sit down and watch it this afternoon before I had to leave for work and drop cp at the gym. It looks like a T&T job all the way, even down to the font they use for the subtitles. More then once cp said "Thank you for not being that psycho mom!"
1. Having your mini 1 child practice from 5pm-? at night, with private lessons 3 days a week? That would be why she has a tuck and can do college level skills (btw why?) If my kid was in the gym 25 HOURS a week she would be phenomenal as well. Now compare that to Level5mom's cp who is just raw talent and doesnt have to take a million private lessons. Lady your kid isn't the next Kiara, you just throw money at a gym that is mre then happy to take it.
2. If your house burns down...reprioritze your life....especially if your dh loses his job. I'm not impressed that your cp didn't miss any practices, what it does is make me wonder about is where your priorities are.
4. How about you work on her basics? Like a good backwalkover? Or maybe landing her BHS without her feet a city block apart?

I really had high hopes for the show but it seemed to me to be more about "Let's see how crazy these cheer moms really are!" Oh and the showing Step 1 as a "rich" gym and then Magic as a "poor" one was sad. There was just so much wrong with it, but guess what? It will probably be the one picked up...there is a reason why T&T has been going for 3 seasons now...people LOVE LOVE LOVE the crazy!

I'm not from either gym but I do know both gyms and all I can say is EDITING! The six pack comment (for example) were three seperate answers to three seperate questions asked by the producers as was the "poor people" comment. Secondly, if this little girl chooses to be in the gym x ammount of hours a week (which that is HER choice I've met her and you can tell she is VERY driven) then why shouldn't she be allowed? Her technique is impeccable MWA would not let her work such advanced skills if she wasn't ready. I hope this show does NOT get picked up... neither gym was portrayed in true light and it's sad to see people who don't even know the programs or reputations tear them apart.

1. Having your mini 1 child practice from 5pm-? at night, with private lessons 3 days a week? That would be why she has a tuck and can do college level skills (btw why?) If my kid was in the gym 25 HOURS a week she would be phenomenal as well. Now compare that to Level5mom's cp who is just raw talent and doesnt have to take a million private lessons. Lady your kid isn't the next Kiara, you just throw money at a gym that is mre then happy to take it.!

Hmm not sure I really see how spending a lot of hours in the gym is such a bad thing? Gymnasts do it all the time. I was actually a gymnast before I made the switch over the competitive cheer and by the time I was eight I was spending over twenty hours in the gym a week. Was it a lot? Absolutely. Was it too much? I don't think so. While it was intense, I progressed and still maintained good technique. I guess it's just personal opinion. If you don't want your child to spend a lot of hours in the gym, so be it. I'm sure they will still be a fabulous athlete. But for those who want to spend umpteen hours a week cheering, let them. They're not harming you in any way and as long as the child still enjoys it and does not become burnt out, I'm all for it. Raw talent can't thrive without hard work.

I'm not from either gym but I do know both gyms and all I can say is EDITING! The six pack comment (for example) were three seperate answers to three seperate questions asked by the producers as was the "poor people" comment. Secondly, if this little girl chooses to be in the gym x ammount of hours a week (which that is HER choice I've met her and you can tell she is VERY driven) then why shouldn't she be allowed? Her technique is impeccable MWA would not let her work such advanced skills if she wasn't ready. I hope this show does NOT get picked up... neither gym was portrayed in true light and it's sad to see people who don't even know the programs or reputations tear them apart.

Because she's 8 years old! It drives me crazy that people will use the "it's her choice"...she's 8! She doesn't have a "choice" it's up to the parents to make sure that their child has balance. There is large difference between competitive gymnastics and competitive cheer. In gymnastics the progressions are much slower and the kids need that extra time to train. Cheer...not so much. In fact I can't think of one logical reason why a child under 12 would need to be in the gym that much, and privates 3 days a week? No it's not hurting me but I have the right to voice my opinion on it, and I think it is wrong. Raw talent can't survive without hard work but raw talent also doesn't need to live in the gym...

Because she's 8 years old! It drives me crazy that people will use the "it's her choice"...she's 8! She doesn't have a "choice" it's up to the parents to make sure that their child has balance. There is large difference between competitive gymnastics and competitive cheer. In gymnastics the progressions are much slower and the kids need that extra time to train. Cheer...not so much. In fact I can't think of one logical reason why a child under 12 would need to be in the gym that much, and privates 3 days a week? No it's not hurting me but I have the right to voice my opinion on it, and I think it is wrong. Raw talent can't survive without hard work but raw talent also doesn't need to live in the gym...

Fair enough. An eight year old truly doesn't have a "choice" and I understand that. But, just out of curiosity, how exactly does competitive cheerleading differ so much from competitive gymnastics? When I made the transition, I didn't notice a drastic change in my training (aside from three events being taken away, haha).

1. i don't allow them to play games on facebook. they have viruses.
2. it's not "baloney" it's real. They have family from Hawaii to New York. I too have the password for both their facebook and their email. I monitor their friends lists.
3. if their "2nd" cousin didn't want to know the progress of "my little suzie" then they know how to filter their news feed. if they don't know how to do that, then maybe they don't need a facebook either. If it's that bad, they can delete me or the kids. just that simple.
4. if a parent is smart they won't let any information be known on the page period. make up a home town, don't list an email or any indication as to what school your child goes to. no personal pictures as their "profile pic". other pics cannot be seen unless they are direct friends with them.
we can argue back and forth til we're blue in the face. you raise your kid your way and i'll raise my kids mine...i don't judge others on how they do their thing, i don't expect to be judged in my methods either.

My husband has 23 years in the military and my 16 year old daughter has moved 14 times. I know how real it is having family and friends all over the world. It's great that you monitor their friend list, but I said that anyone with bit of computer knowledge and time on the hands, can easily hack a page, that is so called private. And I wasn't judging you. If I was judging you ,personally, I would have quoted you and told you that you are raising your kid horribly....but I didn't. I have friends who let their kids under 13 have Facebook pages and I've told them the same thing I'm telling you. I don't agree with it, but you raise your kid the best way you know and i'll raise mine the best way I know. There is no "one style fits all" for parenting and in the end we are all moms who want the best for our kids and want them to look back on the childhoods and say "I had the best childhood and my mom is the best mom out there!" And if your kids' childhood involve facebook, so be it. Again, not judging you, just stating my opinion. Truce?

I'll say it again EDITING... unless you are in that gym how do you know if she actually has three privates a week?! And I will agree to disagree with you on being in the gym... It's better than what most kids are doing spending hours infront of the tv or computer

Back