All-Star Cheer Perfection- New Tlc Special About Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

389434_10150380540101920_344524069_n.jpg

sorry for the hugeness, best picture I could find!!
Would like it better in a crop. But then again I always prefer crop tops to full.

I really hope CTR realizes just how much they've set themselves up to be analyzed, criticized and vilified with this show. They are about to get put through the wringer. I don't feel sorry for them about it either. Anyone that does a reality show should understand that.

I really hope CTR realizes just how much they've set themselves up to be analyzed, criticized and vilified with this show. They are about to get put through the wringer. I don't feel sorry for them about it either. Anyone that does a reality show should understand that.

Can't disagree. If at this point someone hasn't figured out the deal with reality shows, I'm not sure what to tell 'em.

In my honest opinion, I think they should base the show around older athletes. Like maybe a senior team. Personally, there are so many shows out there about little kids doing highly competitive activities. Most of the people viewing these shows are middle school and high schoolers, so I don't get why they don't make a show that could relate to them. Personally, I'd be much more interested in watching a show about older athletes and how they juggle cheer, school, and everything else than watching another show about crazy moms who want their 15 minutes of fame.

On another note, the show didn't seem that bad. While I wish they filmed it at a well known gym, I think that this show will be interesting.

They picked this team because Cassadee was on toddlers and tiars. I remember her tumbling and stuff for the talent part of the competition. However I wish they would have branched out and chooses a bigger name team. :)

At the end, when she was grabbing the girls arm that was about to tumble, I thought that it was very sweet. She wasn't being malicious, she was being encouraging.

Also, when she called the girl "dingbat" or whatever, I think that was another endearing thing that was edited to look rude and hurtful.

In other words, I don't think the problem is the gym, I think its the editing team/TLC.

It is the editing. I have seen first hand how they can take little parts of different things and create a different scene completely detached from reality. I may be too harsh but if anyone shows up wanting to do a reality show and they say they did toddlers and tiaras or dance moms I would run. These people saw the dollar signs and that was it.

In my honest opinion, I think they should base the show around older athletes. Like maybe a senior team. Personally, there are so many shows out there about little kids doing highly competitive activities. Most of the people viewing these shows are middle school and high schoolers, so I don't get why they don't make a show that could relate to them. Personally, I'd be much more interested in watching a show about older athletes and how they juggle cheer, school, and everything else than watching another show about crazy moms who want their 15 minutes of fame.

I've always thought a show like that, which was a "real" look inside the lives of highly competitive teenage athletes (not just cheerleaders, but athletes of all types) would be pretty successful and I'm surprised we haven't seen more of it.

Um, CP is only on a level 2 but they also work ALL YEAR LONG.
Anyway, I like the idea of a lower level team being filmed because it could help grow the sport. Someone watching a 5 team would think "man that's cool but I could never do it.". The same person watching a 2/3 team could think "That's pretty cool. I bet I could do that!". Hopefully this won't be as bad as T&T.

These production companies want to sell the show not a few episodes. After so many episodes are aired then it is syndicated which is where they really make thier money. I know there are other companies putting cheer shows together and from what I understand they are all working with the younger kids as they can film them over several years as they progress.

Other than the physical stuff, I didn't see anything that wasn't happening in my own gym. Now that I know it's her daughters, I feel a little differently b/c I have probably done the same thing to my kid at some point (grabbed her arm and pulled her to her spot). I WILL watch this show and I hope beyond hope that it's not as bad as I think it's going to be. First things first, they need new uniforms stat.

I have to agree. Aside from the physical, I think you'll see everything else in any gym across the country. I thought that the coach is tough but she was also encouraging (young lady tumbling at the end). As far as the parents go, I pay to win too. All-star cheer is too expensive not to demand the best. As long as you keep your hands off my child and stay out of her face, I'm good. The coach better holler from a distance lol. I tell my daughter to listen to her coach but when they start ranting and raving, let all that other nonsense go in one ear and out the other. Plus if your child is at practice focused and ready to work, the coach won't have a reason to be all extra with the hollering. Just my opinion.

I've always thought a show like that, which was a "real" look inside the lives of highly competitive teenage athletes (not just cheerleaders, but athletes of all types) would be pretty successful and I'm surprised we haven't seen more of it.
Exactly! It's something relatable to a lot of teenagers who play highly competitive sports, and it's pretty interesting.

as much as i think this show is going to be a train wreck, im still going to watch. at least we have the show about CJA to look forward to in the fall
And the documentary about the Twinkles too, don't forget. I'm hoping that is going to show the competitive side of cheer with a young, extremely talented team from a well-known gym without the drama this TLC special is going to give us.

So I only just watched this now and it really doesn't look that bad at all. Nothing really out of the ordinary at all. Maybe it won't be that bad.

On another note, the show didn't seem that bad. While I wish they filmed it at a well known gym, I think that this show will be interesting.
This show is going to be on TLC which is a network geared towards women 25 or so and up. While I know plenty of teenagers who watch TLC for shows like Say Yes to the Dress and Cake Boss, we're really not their target audience. The target audience can relate to parents with young children

Back