All-Star Cheer Perfection- New Tlc Special About Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That could have been somewhat scripted. Like she knows that WSA isn't among the most competitive competitions, but the producers could have asked her to mention the national championships she's won or talk about them that way.

Or she could just truly believe that getting a banner is the only thing that matters, regardless of where it's from. I've cheered at one of those gyms in the past...

Judging strictly from the little bit I saw in the previews, I can't assume this lady knows what's up with anything outside of her own little cheer and pageant world. I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt but I just can't. Maybe it was the pigtails and the rec style uni's that confirm that suspicion for me :eek:

There is another clip of this show on TLC's website that basically consisted of two mothers bickering in room and calling each other "b" and a "queen b" and how the whole town/village/city doesn't like the "queen b"...(her daughter was also featured on the T&T episode).

Its clear that they are trying to tap into the Dance Moms pool.

I'll watch...just so that I can join in on conversations when people complain about it.

I just hope they use whatever money TLC gave them to offset the cost of new uniforms.

My gym has competed against Cheer Time Revolution numerous times. Im not here to downgrade them, but the whole "we have many grand champion titles" thing is exaggerated. They are a decent gym with a decent program, but in no way a stand out amongst competition. The obvious reason they were chosen is for their pageant-y approach to All Star cheerleading.
(And wearing pig tails is kind of their thing.... a lot of their girls wear their hair in super teased pig tails for competition)

I know this family personally. As it has already been said, the girl she was yelling/grabbing in the clip is her middle daughter. The family is very sweet, but I have never let them coach my daughter. Also, the kids she was yelling or grabbing are also her pageant kids, there is a lot of crossing from the two worlds in that gym. Pageant people in AR take their kids there, because Alisha and RD will work with their pageant schedule. Mostly because their girls are doing the same pageants, so not only is Alisha their cheer coach, she is their pageant coach,their h/m artist and their biggest competition, her girls win a lot in the pageant world. And trust me, they all could afford to go NCA or Cheersport if the wanted to. If you can afford 3 weeks in a FL hotel to do 3 national pageants back-to-back,with brand new outfits, you can afford to do Dallas/Atlanta for a weekend. BTW, Dallas and Atlanta are two big national pageant places, so CTR people have been there, just not for cheer.

I know this but it doesn't make it ok to judge a program simply because they choose to take or not take the opportunity to attend either event.

I don't think it is that type of judgement - it is the portrayl the coach makes that the comps they attend ae big ones. For an unknowing public and/or parent they will the same assumption.

whats with her hitting/pushing/pulling and dragging those kids? That's a bully coach if I've ever seen one.
I will say, I will steer/scoot/on ocasion just pick up and jump little ones when placing formations. But I have never, and would never got up in some little girl's face, towered over her, and shook my finger at her. It's bad coaching, and if that's her daughter, it's bad parenting

I don't think it will be a total train wreck. I'm actually excited to see how it will turns out. As far as her coaching, I have seen coaches from other programs way worst at comps so I can only imagine how they act in their own gyms. We all act and pretend that we come from perfect drama free gyms, which in reality the best gyms have some type of drama its just your choice to stay clear or interact. Hopefully the show will bring a bigger(not the crazies) following to all star cheer.

I know this but it doesn't make it ok to judge a program simply because they choose to take or not take the opportunity to attend either event.
I didn't see anyone judging them because they don't go to NCA or cheersport. We've never been to NCA and I don't think it's because we suck...we just aren't ready for that level of competition. My comment, if that's what you're referring to, is in the same vein. They don't go because they aren't ready (I assume) but I also don't brag about our gym winning the top competitions when we don't attend and/or win the top competitions. We won cheersport once, two seasons ago, I'm proud of that, but last season didn't fare equally.

I don't think it will be a total train wreck. I'm actually excited to see how it will turns out. As far as her coaching, I have seen coaches from other programs way worst at comps so I can only imagine how they act in their own gyms. We all act and pretend that we come from perfect drama free gyms, which in reality the best gyms have some type of drama its just your choice to stay clear or interact. Hopefully the show will bring a bigger(not the crazies) following to all star cheer.
Wait, there are drama free gyms out there? I thought that was just a cheer urban legend...

I don't think it is that type of judgement - it is the portrayl the coach makes that the comps they attend ae big ones. For an unknowing public and/or parent they will the same assumption.

Yes we covered that a few posts back.

Wait, there are drama free gyms out there? I thought that was just a cheer urban legend...

You can kick drama mammas out, sucks for the kid but it does make life easier.

as for the show, we in the cheer community have to remember that they are not making the show for us, they are making a show to get ratings and just pulling in the cheer community is probably not enough to keep a show going. So of course they are going to play up the importance of the competition and the drama. That is why TLC has moved to more of these types of shows from shows where you actually Learned stuff.

zebray.png

2mcyo9y.png

i wonder if they got their practice wear from the same place...

The only good thing I see coming from this is outsiders not being able to say the stereotypical skimpy cheerleaders we are by the two piece uniforms we wear if they are able to get past those ones Ctr is wearing that is

Latest posts

Back