All-Star Cheer Perfection- New Tlc Special About Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

All these women saying 'My husband has no idea how much I pay for this stuff..' how is that GOOD?!! Either way..if you have to HIDE it from your significant other, maybe it's something you should reconsider. Yes, it's your money, but goodness if you get REALLY ill, all those pageants aren't going to provide for your kids if something happens. One of the women maxed out 3 cards, one of which is for emergencies. 'Pageants are an emergency!'
They could always sell the crowns on eBay. That should fetch a few dollars per crown ;)

You people got me back to watching Toddlers and Tiaras again. And the moms on the episode I'm watching are EVIL. And they suffer the mentality that got so many people in debt in the first place..STOP. LIVING. BEYOND. YOUR MEANS.
Not all us pageant people max out credit cards. My daughter knew if she wanted to do a pageant, then she had to help out, either with extra chores around the house or getting some odd jobs. When we had extra money, we considered doing a pageant if she needed new clothes, we brought 2nd-hand and if we couldn't find what we wanted, we saved for new. We didn't do pageants every weekend and when we did do them, we paid for everything in cash.Fortunately , those people on T&T are crazy and don't repsent the majority of us.

Not all us pageant people max out credit cards. My daughter knew if she wanted to do a pageant, then she had to help out, either with extra chores around the house or getting some odd jobs. When we had extra money, we considered doing a pageant if she needed new clothes, we brought 2nd-hand and if we couldn't find what we wanted, we saved for new. We didn't do pageants every weekend and when we did do them, we paid for everything in cash.Fortunately , those people on T&T are crazy and don't repsent the majority of us.
That is something I can respect and appreciate. There are moms out there who understand their limits, yet work hard to give their child what they can even if it means getting a second job or doing things second hand (while I disagree with Sami Jo's mom in some respects, she does work second jobs to do what she can for her kid). All without sacrificing their personal life, or putting themselves in a position for trouble if something were to happen. I can only imagine what it's like to be blindsided with losing a job, and then finding out you have to pay 3 maxed out cards because your significant other was invested in a hobby that's beyond your/their means. Not a surprise I want, ever (thank goodness the Boy is responsible. I can tolerate a rugby habit that is well maintained ;)).

Just like the crazy cheer moms who always seem to make it front and center on cheer specials and don't represent the majority of us yet that all anyone seems to associate with cheer.

All these women saying 'My husband has no idea how much I pay for this stuff..' how is that GOOD?!! Either way..if you have to HIDE it from your significant other, maybe it's something you should reconsider. Yes, it's your money, but goodness if you get REALLY ill, all those pageants aren't going to provide for your kids if something happens. One of the women maxed out 3 cards, one of which is for emergencies. 'Pageants are an emergency!'

You don't think that doesn't happen in cheer? I don't believe for a second that there aren't cheer moms who max out credit cards so their Suzie can get more privates. We've just deemed cheer "worthwhile" and pageants not.

I coach and well, I may "yell" a lil every practice bc kids don't pay attention. However, I am sure I can look like a monster b/c TLC (or any show trying to get ratings) ... they can pick the 3 times I yell and freak and make it look like that's all I do.

As a coach we have all threatened to replace someone in the stunt but I bet that has been after months and months and months of trying to get it right. I am sure TLC waithed for that, or scripted it.

We don't need a TV show to tell us that coaches push, kids get emotional, parents go crazy, injuries happen, parents at time coach their kids, etc.

In any event, I am sure half of this is scripted and she was chosed b/c no one else wanted to be portrayed this way and she was already involved w/ TLC b/c of the Toddlers and Tiaras. We will just have to wait and see!!!!

You don't think that doesn't happen in cheer? I don't believe for a second that there aren't cheer moms who max out credit cards so their Suzie can get more privates. We've just deemed cheer "worthwhile" and pageants not.
I don't think any of it is good (although I'd insist that cheer is slightly more beneficial as an athletic activity, but I digress). Because the person you risk hurting is the same you're trying to help..

Is there a second trailer out there that I am missing, I can't seem to find it and have you you guys talk about it. Thanks!

I knew a mom that went back to school and used the excess student loan money to pay for cheer and privates. Her cp was a mini 1.

I don't think any of it is good (although I'd insist that cheer is slightly more beneficial as an athletic activity, but I digress). Because the person you risk hurting is the same you're trying to help..

This really does go back to the idea of living beyond your means. I think it holds especially true in cheer, which in my limited experience does attract a fair number of folks that are well-off. The desire to "fit in" with that crowd might inspire you to spend a lot more money than you should. And it may also discourage you from asking for scholarships or tuition assistance from your gym, because of the perception that it may make you look "poor".

Back