All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I remember talking to Robert last year after NCA and the feeling I got was that it was actually kind of scary. The team couldn't walk down the hallway or get water after competing because of the crowds of fans.
Going from walking around comps like it's no biggie to being mobbed in public would be really surreal.

Such a good move by the coaches. But I'm interested to see how many fans actually respect that decision. I sadly think many will not.

Last year at NCA to get an autograph or picture from some of the Cali Smoed team you had to buy a subscription to a cheerleading magazine. If you already had a subscription you had to renew it ahead of time. Not sure how I feel about this.

I'm glad Dakota and Riley have each other! Dakota is right how many girls their age and in their area can say that they're world champions not one but twice and are going for a tree peat?
I'm just glad that it's not coming from inside the gym. That is really hard to deal with

On a side note I reckon it'd be cool if they did an ep on siblings in the gym. It'd be cool

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I remember talking to Robert last year after NCA and the feeling I got was that it was actually kind of scary. The team couldn't walk down the hallway or get water after competing because of the crowds of fans.
Going from walking around comps like it's no biggie to being mobbed in public would be really surreal.
At NCA 2012, I was lucky enough to spot Kiara and get a picture with her. I felt so bad though because there sooo many people also asking for pictures and autographs. She was so sweet but was trying to get away in the nicest way possible because she really needed to go to the bathroom. Like something as simple as going to the bathroom without getting mobbed was a struggle. I know I would not be able to handle much of that before snapping.

Such a good move by the coaches. But I'm interested to see how many fans actually respect that decision. I sadly think many will not.
Unfortunately, I don't think many fans will respect it. At Worlds last year, it was hot and this athletes just couldn't catch a breathe. If it wasn't for youtube, Facebook, twitter and instagram their would be no such thing as a cheerlebrity.

I'm hoping the word gets out to their fans. While I love our Smos, it's hard for the rest of the program at times to get where we need to be with a crowd around the team room. Thank you, Eddie. xoxo

But does this mean I can't fan-mom over Aces? hee hee

I'm hoping the word gets out to their fans. While I love our Smos, it's hard for the rest of the program at times to get where we need to be with a crowd around the team room. Thank you, Eddie. xoxo

But does this mean I can't fan-mom over Aces? hee hee
Pretty Soon Smoed will need it own Security! I can picture Team Room Bouncers! I think some people will respect it but a lot of kids walk around without their parents and see what they can get away with….

At a small United comp members if Cheetahs and Wildcats couldn't even walk from the floor to their meeting room. It wasn't just kids stopping them for pictures, they were full on chasing and touching them. Add to that the inability to even get a batch of nachos without 100 kids mobbing you for a pic. Yeah I could see it not being fun.

Pretty Soon Smoed will need it own Security! I can picture Team Room Bouncers! I think some people will respect it but a lot of kids walk around without their parents and see what they can get away with….

Well I get pretty cranky so I can do it. lol

Didn't really know where else to post this but just saw on Twitter that Smoed's coaches have told all their athletes to tell their fans that they are not allowed to take pictures/sign autographs with fans until after they have competed on Sunday in order to maintain their focus on their goal of winning NCA.

Love this, more coaches need to do this.
I believe all California All Stars Ventura teams attending NCA have been told this same thing. They prefer that the athletes focus on the task at hand without distraction. After Sunday's performance the athletes are free to take pictures, trade shirts or whatever. After witnessing the mayhem surrounding SMOED at other competitions this seems to be a very good thing to do. Although a little difficult to police I suppose.

this was posted on the California All Stars Facebook Page...

ImageUploadedByFierce Board1393383536.303057.jpg

At a small United comp members if Cheetahs and Wildcats couldn't even walk from the floor to their meeting room. It wasn't just kids stopping them for pictures, they were full on chasing and touching them. Add to that the inability to even get a batch of nachos without 100 kids mobbing you for a pic. Yeah I could see it not being fun.

That is absolutely ridiculous, I feel so bad for those athletes. Kids need to realize that they are cheerleaders just like them and should not act that way. It's okay to look up to them but there is an appropriate time, place, and way to ask for pictures and such. I hope more kids start to realize this and give the "cheerlebrities" their space

I'm glad teams are really stepping up and protecting their kids. When they're at competitions they are there to compete and perform at a very high level, they don't travel that far and prepare that hard for a picture taking extravaganza distraction fest. I know all those young kids want pictures with cheerlebrities for their social media sites but honestly it's not the top athletes responsibility to make that happen and they shouldn't feel like they have to. Maybe I'm a total b**** but I'd blow people off all the time and do whatever made me comfortable if I were in that spot. I paid to cheer, I trained and earned my way there, Im there to compete, nothing matters but my team, how I feel physically and mentally. If there's some time afterwords sure take a few pics but only once business is taken care of.

Back