All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3: Version 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The truth of the matter is in a gym there will always be situations that come up that could be handled better. That is just the nature of cheer. With a reality show following you at some point some situation will come up where a gym didn't make a perfect decision (they are or are run by humans who are fallible) and your mistakes make TV. It's why we turned down ours (at GT). We just figured at some point we'd look worse for a mistake and there would be a lot of ripples.

For the cheerhab there is much less risk in something like happening. It is a much more controlled situation.

I have seen advertisements for Cheer:Full Out: Coming on Jan. 15. Go behind the scenes with GymTyme Blink International Open Coed level 5 as they train for the 2015 season. Will this not be shown after all?
I think he's talking about Georgia Tech, where he coaches.

Thank you! That makes a lot of sense. LOL I am going to delete my other post!

I think he's talking about Georgia Tech, where he coaches.
Thank you! That makes a lot of sense. LOL I am going to delete my other post!

Because we are in Atlanta we have had multiple shoes want to 'stop by' and film something. I forget why or where. (I think RHOA and the other Atlanta reality show). There was also a company that approached us about doing one based on our squad. I can't even think of what all their names were.

And GT will always be Georgia Tech to me :).

Cheer Hab will still distract Eddie and Orbys time away from coaching their actual teams though - cause they are on the road visiting and helping other non-CALI teams.

I think that was one of Dylan's big issues w/ Smoed in the info posted by his dad - coaches were never there.

True that it's more unlikely to develop into a drama fest, but I'm not sure it's in the best interest of the Smoed atheletes for Cheer Hab to continue.

Cheer Hab will still distract Eddie and Orbys time away from coaching their actual teams though - cause they are on the road visiting and helping other non-CALI teams.

I think that was one of Dylan's big issues w/ Smoed in the info posted by his dad - coaches were never there.

True that it's more unlikely to develop into a drama fest, but I'm not sure it's in the best interest of the Smoed atheletes for Cheer Hab to continue.

On the flip side this probably helps supplement their income to coach. While I love cheer coaching it does not pay as much as my day job does if I did it full time. Outside of Gym Owners, high level choreographers, high level music producers, and EPs most of the jobs in cheer require a good bit of supplemental income.

Eh, I think that's none of our business really (now that that team isn't featured on a reality show). It'll be up to the families with children on the team to decide if they are getting a good value and if their kids are getting what they signed up for. I'm sure lots of gyms have similar issues with coaches dividing their time between other jobs, families, whatever.

I think it's because Cheerhab isn't Brand Cali - it's Brand Eddie and Orby. Tannaz is probably not worried about Brand Eddie and Orby as much as she is with Brand Cali.

My surprise isn't so much about Eddie and Orby agreeing to do it, moreso that AwesomenessTV is still willing to work with them after they cut their contract.

wait where did everyone hear this from, just curious. im not gonna lie i was kinda hoping they would air the rest that they shot at least, oh well.

I think Cheerhab is a great show. I'm trying to think of ways it could go wrong, but can't come up with any. They visit random gyms for just a few episodes, right? Not long enough to get personally attached to any of the kids or any real drama to form. I like the idea of peeking in to "regular" gyms and teams.

I didn't mind Cheerhab as the show, though I think the only negative is more time outside of their home gym. I guess I'm the most surprised that AwesomenessTV is still willing to work with them---though if Cheerhab brings in enough viewers it's all money at the end of the day?

Actually, as much as I know you'd love for me to say otherwise, this show really doesn't affect our teams. It seems they travel on weekends or days when there's no practice to film the show. If they do miss practice, it's minimal.

Back