All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's not just smoed. I know 2 canadians this year, one from vancouver ice queens and one from cheer sport great whites, who tried out for Cali and made it. I *think* they were originally put on black ops and are now on cali coed.
i know for sure one was on lb first, now i believe they're both on black ops.

This was interesting to me, so I thought it might be to someone else.

4 fly in's, 5 if you include Gabi (and I do) 25 percent of the team are fly in's.

They've been advertising for 3 more kids for over a month now.

5 + 3 = 8 That will be 40 percent of the team are fly in's. My first thought was WOW!

This was interesting to me, so I thought it might be to someone else.

4 fly in's, 5 if you include Gabi (and I do) 25 percent of the team are fly in's.

They've been advertising for 3 more kids for over a month now.

5 + 3 = 8 That will be 40 percent of the team are fly in's. My first thought was WOW!
It is interesting. I also think it is interesting that they said they had all of these video tryouts and boy tryouts yet here they advertise open spots more than my local car dealer advertises car specials.

i think that's a rather presumptuous definition. olympic athletes don't get paid as athletes. in fact, america is the only (i think) country where olympians are taxed for getting medals. other countries, such as russia, pay the athletes that win medals. some, like phelps and shawn johnson, may get paid by endorsers, like wheaties and nike, but no one pays them for competing. they or their parents, in most cases for young athletes, pay for training and pay to go to the olympics. the only money that the female gymnastics. and other olympians, received from the last olympics were from endorsements and not from competing.
actually, americans do get paid for medalling. 25k for gold, 15k for silver, and 10k for bronze. even if they get taxed on that, they're still paid. so that brings us back the definition of athletes getting paid based on their performance. so in the olympics, if your performance gets you top 3, then you get paid.. but you don't just get paid for participating. same thing goes for hockey. a young kid playing competitive hockey is not a professional athlete, but once they move up to the NHL, they start getting paid, and are considered professional athletes.

as for the presumptuous definition- i couldn't find a single definition of "professional sport" that didn't involve money. that wasn't just a definition i made up off the top of my head.

lastly, out of curiosity, how does a level 5 team qualify as a professional sport to you, but levels 1-4 don't? whats the difference

Last edited:
It's not just smoed. I know 2 canadians this year, one from vancouver ice queens and one from cheer sport great whites, who tried out for Cali and made it. I *think* they were originally put on black ops and are now on cali coed.
One is on Black Ops. Not sure about the other. They weren't recruited either, they just tried out for our program.

One is on Black Ops. Not sure about the other. They weren't recruited either, they just tried out for our program.
I know they weren't one I know pretty well. I just recently left cheersport so I knew they both weren't recruited but just tried out.

The whole recruitment thing boils down to the fact some are chasing a dream and some are chasing checks quiet as its kept

i think that's a rather presumptuous definition. olympic athletes don't get paid as athletes. in fact, america is the only (i think) country where olympians are taxed for getting medals. other countries, such as russia, pay the athletes that win medals. some, like phelps and shawn johnson, may get paid by endorsers, like wheaties and nike, but no one pays them for competing. they or their parents, in most cases for young athletes, pay for training and pay to go to the olympics. the only money that the female gymnastics. and other olympians, received from the last olympics were from endorsements and not from competing.

Shawn Johnson's family had to take our a second mortgage to pay for her training; Gabby Douglas' mom went into Bankruptcy paying for hers. Alicia Sacramone's mom kept her job as a hairstylist just TO pay for her training. Tara Lipkinski's parent also did the second mortgage and those are just four off the top of my head.

As a country, America actually SUCKS in terms of professional Olympic athletes who don't otherwise play a professional sport.

Shawn Johnson's family had to take our a second mortgage to pay for her training; Gabby Douglas' mom went into Bankruptcy paying for hers. Alicia Sacramone's mom kept her job as a hairstylist just TO pay for her training. Tara Lipkinski's parent also did the second mortgage and those are just four off the top of my head.

As a country, America actually SUCKS in terms of professional Olympic athletes who don't otherwise play a professional sport.

Not all of the US Olympic athletes are professionals though

Back