All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't understand why they say ''The boys are weak'' whenever last episode they said the NZ boy is so amazing

i think he's referring to their ability to lift as bases. i doubt that would be the case for kyle since he's been on smoed since the beginning and was on cali coed last season.

I really hope that's maddie in the center. Her tear drop scorpion is gorgeous and more visual than needles imo.
I haven't heard 'teardrop' scorpion ever, but in our 11th year it seems there has been a switch from 'spike' to 'needle' for a straight-legged scorpion. I remember my cp doing a 'needle' on maybe y4 - reaching toward the ground and grabbing the one-legged ankle for a moment while leaving one leg up in the air pointed.....then coming up to do a scorpion as straight as she could. I don't know when or why the terms seemed to change, but I'm ok with the switch. Just would like to know what now we should call the old 'needle'.

so what is a 'teardrop' scorp? a normal scorpion?

I haven't heard 'teardrop' scorpion ever, but in our 11th year it seems there has been a switch from 'spike' to 'needle' for a straight-legged scorpion. I remember my cp doing a 'needle' on maybe y4 - reaching toward the ground and grabbing the one-legged ankle for a moment while leaving one leg up in the air pointed.....then coming up to do a scorpion as straight as she could. I don't know when or why the terms seemed to change, but I'm ok with the switch. Just would like to know what now we should call the old 'needle'.

Tear drop refers to the shape of the scorpion. A tear drop is a very tall, rounded at the bottom, and gets smaller at the top scorpion.

Tear drop refers to the shape of the scorpion. A tear drop is a very tall, rounded at the bottom, and gets smaller at the top scorpion.
Lol my kids scorpion isn't even a Dorito it looks like a square because she can't pull up. Every scorpion I have seen looks better then hers in the air:( I don't even know what to call it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bee235310f95e76e39901a135ad2e39.jpg

The square on the left is my kid (the girl in center has a good scorp I think she just dropped it like a half second early before the pic was taken)
This was from this weekend!

ETA: I promise every single person is pointing forward and only holding the scorpion with one arm. Idk why my kid is the only arm I really see and everyone else's blends in with the pic.

Last edited:
The square on the left is my kid (the girl in center has a good scorp I think she just dropped it like a half second early before the pic was taken)
This was from this weekend!

ETA: I promise every single person is pointing forward and only holding the scorpion with one arm. Idk why my kid is the only arm I really see and everyone else's blends in with the pic.

Are Vipers already competing?? We are just getting our music today.

Are Vipers already competing?? We are just getting our music today.
Stars held a showoff this weekend at an outside venue. Our gym cannot support the showoffs due to size lol. So we put the event together and invited numerous gyms but basically none of them were ready to go yet and said no so we had some small gym come and we did a session just for them before ours. Then we had Laredo All American come and all their teams were amazing!! They did the session with us and we went back and forth between our teams. The event was local to us because we put it together but they traveled very far just to come do our showoff but I'm glad they came.

Cheer America helped with production as you can see! We have not been to a Cheer America comp the last few years at least since I have been at the gym because we only normally do large varsity events for the most part but this year they added a cheer America comp just recently (wasn't on our original schedule) and now I'm so excited we get to go to a different type of event. So we will see different teams! I know CA austin will be at that event!

We also had judges there judging the routines and giving feedback. I was surprised we actually had standing room only at this event it was much larger then what we had seating for and it was crazy!

ETA: we compete next weekend and then I get to debut the new uniforms!!! Yay

We got our choreo beginning of June and music July 20th so we should be ready. Fingers crossed! They did look good this weekend!

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure she's referring to a scale. I might be wrong though! Feel free to correct me!

I'm pretty sure she's referring to a scale. I might be wrong though! Feel free to correct me!

@AScheer gave a perfect explanation. "Tear drop refers to the shape of the scorpion. A tear drop is a very tall, rounded at the bottom, and gets smaller at the top scorpion."

Back