All-Star Cheerleaders Season 4: Jersey

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I went back and just watched Season 1 of SMOED and OMG, I remember when seeing they got like 100K views was a lot...it's at 1.4 million.

Dating was mentioned, but it was more of an off the cuff comment by Kyle. Kiara (16), Clinton (17), Kyle (16), and Kira (18) were the only ones interviewed and they definitely handled those interviews better than the CJA kids.

The drama surrounding the first episode was Clinton, with a description of the program, that they won World's, and what all-star cheer is now. They showed conditioning, quite a few skills, and footage from the previous year.

I felt like, for every CJA kid I could point to the SMOED counterpart and I disliked that because I felt like it was Awesomeness editing it that way versus it being natural. I'll probably try another episode or two, but I have a feeling this series won't last beyond a season.

Reactions: ian
question for all those that watched the CMT one (cause i haven't even seen an episode), is that how patty ann acted all the time? i thought she was rude and obnoxious in this. granted she doesn't care cause 'haters are her motivators'. she mentioned haters quite a few times..

..no one hurt me

question for all those that watched the CMT one (cause i haven't even seen an episode), is that how patty ann acted all the time? i thought she was rude and obnoxious in this. granted she doesn't care cause 'haters are her motivators'. she mentioned haters quite a few times..

..no one hurt me
Yea, at least similar.

..no one hurt me

Yeah, for the most part. Except in this one, during her interview, a lot of what she said sounded really scripted. Like she was just rattling quotes of the top of her head. Maybe it was the way it was edited but nothing about any of the interviews sounded natural.

Also, and this is not towards you specifically but rather a generalized observation, I find it interesting (in a not so awesome way) that E+O and Patty Ann all have extremely similar coaching styles (assertive, loud, tough love type) yet E+O are thought of as tough but respectable and Patty Ann is thought of as a "b*tch" and bossy. I know this happens all the time in other areas of life but it's just annoying to see. Le sigh.

I find it interesting (in a not so awesome way) that E+O and Patty Ann all have extremely similar coaching styles (assertive, loud, tough love type) yet E+O are thought of as tough but respectable and Patty Ann is thought of as a "b*tch" and bossy. I know this happens all the time in other areas of life but it's just annoying to see. Le sigh.

Yes, that is a streotype that happens way too often :(

But I also think that there is a slight difference between the two sets of coaches. At times, E&O seemed to get very involved with the kids' drama (which also may be intensified by the fact that they are a couple and lash out when they saw situations happen that hurt their loved one) and could act as a contemporary ; whereas I think Patty Ann tries to stay above it and remain the head coach.

Last edited:
Yes, that is a streotype that happens way too often :(

But I also think that there is a slight difference between the two sets of coaches. At times, E&O seemed to get very involved with the kids' drama (which also may be intensified by the fact that they are a couple and lash out when they saw situations happen that hurt their loved one) and could act as a contempory ; whereas I think Patty Ann tries to stay above it and remain the head coach.

Maybe that's true but in the CMT show they showed her getting somewhat involved with the athletes life. Maybe not as involved as Eddie and Orby but involved enough but almost just as much. Also the difference between Eddie and Orby and Patty Ann are that she is the gym/business owner and they are not. I think she should be somewhat separated from people's personal lives and not get into the drama that Eddie and Orby did. Eddie and Orby have a lot more wiggle room in there situation.

ETA: So I agree with you, I just hate seeing the stereotype.

Yeah, for the most part. Except in this one, during her interview, a lot of what she said sounded really scripted. Like she was just rattling quotes of the top of her head. Maybe it was the way it was edited but nothing about any of the interviews sounded natural.

Also, and this is not towards you specifically but rather a generalized observation, I find it interesting (in a not so awesome way) that E+O and Patty Ann all have extremely similar coaching styles (assertive, loud, tough love type) yet E+O are thought of as tough but respectable and Patty Ann is thought of as a "b*tch" and bossy. I know this happens all the time in other areas of life but it's just annoying to see. Le sigh.
oh I'm not dumb enough to comment too much on e+o's coaching styles.. id rather not get ripped apart.. don't get me wrong they obviously work with their kids, but i don't think my self esteem would be able to handle either e+o or patty ann, lol. maybe thats why I'm not a world champ though.. oh well..

oh I'm not dumb enough to comment too much on e+o's coaching styles.. id rather not get ripped apart.. don't get me wrong they obviously work with their kids, but i don't think my self esteem would be able to handle either e+o or patty ann, lol. maybe thats why I'm not a world champ though.. oh well..

I don't think CJA has ever won Worlds. Does anyone know what is the closest they've come and in what division? I thought the world's team shown on the CMT show was all girl.

I don't think CJA has ever won Worlds. Does anyone know what is the closest they've come and in what division? I thought the world's team shown on the CMT show was all girl.
Yes, CJA won the first 3 World titles back in the 1980s, I remembered because I used to be Patty Ann's Base and Backspot... I remembered even back then she would have these sayings and I would yell at her, talk normal.!!.. I also remembered PA talking about a "love like no other" and "haters will be our motivators", but in my mind I wanted to tell her to stay tight...(just kidding!)

No, CJA have never won Worlds and the last poster is correct when they said the closest TeamGunz (SS5) had placed is 8th place and they never won at NCA, but Junior Gunz won, CJA first trophy last year... This is their 1st year as a Coed squad...

Last edited:
Back