All-Star Cheerleading Worlds 2015 - Day 3 (monday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

x2! Both of my girls are World Champions! I am still in shock. I honestly don't have words. I know I did the early celebration thing and I feel horrible about it but I can't even put in to words what it was like to see your kids and their teammates put it all out on the mat and move up from 8th place. My oldest is a senior so to see her and her other teammates be called out as World Champions is just a dream come true for them!!
For those of us who will never have that moment for their kid(s) I say, "go on with your bad self!" They were absolutely astounding and I'm so glad I got to cheer them on in the performance of their lives. What a way to end an Allstar career! Congrats mama!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of you reading thru this thread today I'd like to bring something to your attention. Mention was made many pages back about selfie taken by a SMOED athlete. Claims were made that it was taken and posted to be mean to BSB. The athlete was called names and her character was slandered. A lot of discussion ensued on the topic. Both on Twitter and the FB individuals that know the truth since they witnessed the selfie being taken, came forwardt in the athletes defense. Some of these individuals are very well known in the cheer community and deemed credible. Everyone was saying essentially the same thing. That this athlete did nothing wrong.

People were so quick to judge the athlete in the moment yet not so quick to issue an apology. I haven't seen one word of apology for bashing the athlete. If you are quick with accusations you'd better be quick with apologies because you are going to be wrong some times.

Now as I read people's more recent comments I keep seeing remarks discussing how SMOED treated Brandon poorly. This selfie is the only thing that I've seen discussed pertaining to SMOED's poor treatment towards Brandon.

This is how lies and untruths get perpetuated. People don't fact check and since haters say it's so, well it must be so. Everyone loves the drama. Next thing you know everyone believes the lie to be in fact the truth, so they start hating. And so on.....and so on.

We adults bear the responsibility for some of the untruths and bad representation. We have played a part in perpetuating some of this misinformation that is out there. Not wittingly but unknowingly. We need to hold ourselves accountable for our words as we do the athletes.

Tonight as we go on about our lives no regard has been given to the athlete that innocently took a selfie. What should have been a wonderful moment for her (she worked hard to earn her moment) was spent in distress defending herself. I wonder how she feels right now. I know it has forever tainted her memories of that special moment. We bear some of the responsibility. Our words are weapons and we need to use them appropriately. Just because you can doesn't mean that you should.
How were those tweets from Kyle? (I think) not talking bad about Brandon? Yes. It was one person at least from what I saw, but there were some retweeting/favoriting it so they obviously have the same thoughts. I think you need to take a step back from your (very rightful) bias and see how this looks from the outside.

Appreciation post!!!!!

I don't care if our Australian squads don't place first because in our eyes just to place in the top 20 out 60 something squads is phenomenal!

We usually place around the 15th mark but this year we've place 7th through to 10th (across the divisions not all in one) we've place top 20, top 15 and even top 5 with a four place win! We where repeated in not only cheer but Pom, lyrical, jazz AND hip hop! Plus our strong representation at ICU. There is no way that these young athletes did anything but amazing! And we continue to improve and continue to work our way up to the stand of American squads!

An Australian team placed 4th in 2013 in IOC5! It's awesome to see how strong the Australian teams are getting.

I'm sitting at the airport. Pickup time from Disney was 4:15AM. I was supposed to work from home when I landed, but I somehow forgot how little you actually sleep at worlds when I thought that was a good idea and booked the flight. Taking an extra vacation day.

Major, major cheer hangover.

How were those tweets from Kyle? (I think) not talking bad about Brandon? Yes. It was one person at least from what I saw, but there were some retweeting/favoriting it so they obviously have the same thoughts. I think you need to take a step back from your (very rightful) bias and see how this looks from the outside.
I'm not quite sure why your mentioning Kyle since my post had nothing to do with Kyle. My post was discussing accountability relative to an earlier discussion in this thread regarding a selfie.

I don't feel bias was shown in my post whatsoever. It was simply a "Food for Thought" post. In my post I was encouraging everyone to examine the possibility that we on the FB are contributing to the very problem that we claim we want to combat because of the manner in which we handle/discuss issues.

As for taking a step back, I suppose the only way you would believe I see the big picture is if I were to see things exactly as you see them. No offense but that is not likely to occur. I guess this is one of those situations where we have to agree to disagree. I hope to do this without animus resulting.

I'm not quite sure why your mentioning Kyle since my post had nothing to do with Kyle. My post was discussing accountability relative to an earlier discussion in this thread regarding a selfie.

I don't feel bias was shown in my post whatsoever. It was simply a "Food for Thought" post. In my post I was encouraging everyone to examine the possibility that we on the FB are contributing to the very problem that we claim we want to combat because of the manner in which we handle/discuss issues.

As for taking a step back, I suppose the only way you would believe I see the big picture is if I were to see things exactly as you see them. No offense but that is not likely to occur. I guess this is one of those situations where we have to agree to disagree. I hope to do this without animus resulting.

Ok....
You said you saw people saying Smoed treating Brandon poorly and you didn't know why since the picture wasn't meant that way, so I gave you the reason why.

We're really STILL talking about this?
tumblr_mtbufrOGsO1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Cali is bringing home the most medals with 5. Cheer Athletics with 4. And GymTyme, Top Gun, and Cheer Extreme with 3

Are you counting CEA Cougars with one or two medals? They won gold for US Trials and got a gold medal and then got bronze in their devision

Back