All-Star Cheerlebrity Numbers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This just makes me sad for the "cheerlebrity" and fanatic athlete all around. I completely blame social media. Unfortunately, teens are judging their "worth" on how many instagram likes they have & how many retweets they get. The general athlete doesn't realize that they're getting someone's "highlight reel". People only post things that make them look good, and comparisons are so damaging to self-esteem.

I really, really just miss when "cheerlebrity" wasn't such a crazy, fanatical thing. A "cheerlebrity" used to be someone with awesome skills, and your main interaction with them would be watching videos and maybe saying a quick hey at a competition just to let them know that you've seen their videos or pass at competitions or whatever. The fact that competition brands set up "meet-and-greets" makes me sad. These are KIDS that we're idolizing. We're taking pictures with them because they are physically attractive, not watching their skills. I just want to see their natural beauty and talent off the competition mat! They're held to this standard to look "competition ready" everyday, and it's an extreme pressure to maintain or live up to.

Maybe this is the inner education major in me speaking, but this is all such concerning behavior. These kids need to be teenagers! Take off the make-up, turn off the phone, make friends in your neighborhood, have your heartbroken, and enjoy youth!!!!

This just makes me sad for the "cheerlebrity" and fanatic athlete all around. I completely blame social media. Unfortunately, teens are judging their "worth" on how many instagram likes they have & how many retweets they get. The general athlete doesn't realize that they're getting someone's "highlight reel". People only post things that make them look good, and comparisons are so damaging to self-esteem.

I really, really just miss when "cheerlebrity" wasn't such a crazy, fanatical thing. A "cheerlebrity" used to be someone with awesome skills, and your main interaction with them would be watching videos and maybe saying a quick hey at a competition just to let them know that you've seen their videos or pass at competitions or whatever. The fact that competition brands set up "meet-and-greets" makes me sad. These are KIDS that we're idolizing. We're taking pictures with them because they are physically attractive, not watching their skills. I just want to see their natural beauty and talent off the competition mat! They're held to this standard to look "competition ready" everyday, and it's an extreme pressure to maintain or live up to.

Maybe this is the inner education major in me speaking, but this is all such concerning behavior. These kids need to be teenagers! Take off the make-up, turn off the phone, make friends in your neighborhood, have your heartbroken, and enjoy youth!!!!
This post seriously needs an FBA

Cheer updates just tweeted a number or part of a number someone is pretending to be cheer updates and is texting cheerleaders. This is nuts ! People need lives

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

This is not exactly the same thing, but a friend of my CPs is a minor "cheerlebrity" and tweeted his own number a few weeks back. Thing is it wasn't his number but a teammate's. He thought it was hilarious when she was bombarded with texts/calls. She got him back by telling them all his correct number. These kids are so careless. They just have no appreciation what their surrender of privacy can potentially lead to.

by my taking a few minutes to read this it sounds like trading numbers is almost as popular as trading gym tshirts...Im good at predicting the future but it seems that numbers will soon go on the cheer market. Like "Ill give you Carly's number for a cali sports bra..kik me" Even if this doesnt actually happen its so sad that it has come to this. can I get an amen?
ill do you one better, you can get a shimmy

This thread is called "CHEERLEBRITY NUMBERS" why is mine of value?
because anybody involved in cheerleading with more then two followers on twitter, insta, and youtube is a cheerleb (obviously) you of all people should have gotten that memo

Reactions: DJ
This is not exactly the same thing, but a friend of my CPs is a minor "cheerlebrity" and tweeted his own number a few weeks back. Thing is it wasn't his number but a teammate's. He thought it was hilarious when she was bombarded with texts/calls. She got him back by telling them all his correct number. These kids are so careless. They just have no appreciation what their surrender of privacy can potentially lead to.

I don't even post my own number over social media and I'm not cheer famous at all. I'd be scared that some creeper would text me

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

Heck- I was hesitant to put my number on my website (kinda mandatory in my line of work), but I sucked it up. I've started getting an increase in non-answer calls (people who call but hang up as soon as you answer), but nobody else has bothered me.

Back