All-Star Cheerlebrity Numbers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This just makes me sad for the "cheerlebrity" and fanatic athlete all around. I completely blame social media. Unfortunately, teens are judging their "worth" on how many instagram likes they have & how many retweets they get. The general athlete doesn't realize that they're getting someone's "highlight reel". People only post things that make them look good, and comparisons are so damaging to self-esteem.

I really, really just miss when "cheerlebrity" wasn't such a crazy, fanatical thing. A "cheerlebrity" used to be someone with awesome skills, and your main interaction with them would be watching videos and maybe saying a quick hey at a competition just to let them know that you've seen their videos or pass at competitions or whatever. The fact that competition brands set up "meet-and-greets" makes me sad. These are KIDS that we're idolizing. We're taking pictures with them because they are physically attractive, not watching their skills. I just want to see their natural beauty and talent off the competition mat! They're held to this standard to look "competition ready" everyday, and it's an extreme pressure to maintain or live up to.

Maybe this is the inner education major in me speaking, but this is all such concerning behavior. These kids need to be teenagers! Take off the make-up, turn off the phone, make friends in your neighborhood, have your heartbroken, and enjoy youth!!!!
You read my mind in a post. Thank you for this!!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

If we're talking about what we hate about the "cheerlebrity" word....
I hate those bow company's who sell autographed cheer bows.
Like my idol is Kiara Nowlin (because she is extremely talented) but I would never buy a autographed bow... because that company is USING these kids' talent and selling their signatures for profit...

And I hear of people like LITERALLY hunting down "cheerlebrities" at competitions and demanding a picture. Like honestly if I ran into like Kiara or like Gabi I would just say "good job" or "good luck" like I don't know them or their personal life and although they are both really nice, I DON'T KNOW THEM. okay rant over.

Heck- I was hesitant to put my number on my website (kinda mandatory in my line of work), but I sucked it up. I've started getting an increase in non-answer calls (people who call but hang up as soon as you answer), but nobody else has bothered me.

You should get google voice. It's a number that forwards to your real phone number, but you can mute it during certain hours and you have more control over blocking people.

You should get google voice. It's a number that forwards to your real phone number, but you can mute it during certain hours and you have more control over blocking people.

You can also record phone calls. Very handy.

You can also record phone calls. Very handy.

Many thanks. I knew this board was useful for things outside of cheer :D

If we're talking about what we hate about the "cheerlebrity" word....
I hate those bow company's who sell autographed cheer bows.
Like my idol is Kiara Nowlin (because she is extremely talented) but I would never buy a autographed bow... because that company is USING these kids' talent and selling their signatures for profit...

And I hear of people like LITERALLY hunting down "cheerlebrities" at competitions and demanding a picture. Like honestly if I ran into like Kiara or like Gabi I would just say "good job" or "good luck" like I don't know them or their personal life and although they are both really nice, I DON'T KNOW THEM. okay rant over.

Just to clarify the profits are shared by both parties involved......they don't just go to the bow company. Also they wouldn't sell them if there wasn't a demand for them, let's be honest. I don't believe anybody is using anybody but for the sake of conversation let's just say they do. Isn't both parties USING each other???

Just to clarify the profits are shared by both parties involved......they don't just go to the bow company. Also they wouldn't sell them if there wasn't a demand for them, let's be honest. I don't believe anybody is using anybody but for the sake of conversation let's just say they do. Isn't both parties USING each other???

Oh okay! I thought all the profits went to the bow company. :oops: Thanks for clarifying!!!

I just saw someone post Jamie Andries "supposed number." Well for one I assume she lives in Texas.... The number had a Memphis, TN area code. I know that because half my family lives there. Seriously people?!

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

Back