All-Star Cheersport Day 2 Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I understand why you are upset and I think it is important to try to get the best experience for the kids. I never tried to tell anyone their opinion is wrong on this.

I would not be upset if my team won but did not get their jackets and I AM NOT LYING. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't focus on those things and I like to teach kids how to deal with challenges just as much as how to win.

I think the appropriate thing to emphasize to the team in this situation is that it's unfortunate they will get their jackets later, but that the important thing is that they did their best and won. Borrowing jackets for a picture was a good idea and it's very reasonable to give CHEERSPORT feedback.

I understand why you are upset and I think it is important to try to get the best experience for the kids. I never tried to tell anyone their opinion is wrong on this.

I would not be upset if my team won but did not get their jackets and I AM NOT LYING. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't focus on those things and I like to teach kids how to deal with challenges just as much as how to win.

I think the appropriate thing to emphasize to the team in this situation is that it's unfortunate they will get their jackets later, but that the important thing is that they did their best and won. Borrowing jackets for a picture was a good idea and it's very reasonable to give CHEERSPORT feedback.
I appreciate your reply, and I in no way want to call someone a "liar", just said it to make a point. NO a jacket is not the end all be all but it is important, that's all I have to say on this topic.

I don't think anyone tried to minimize the disappointment these kids felt when not getting a jacket but as parents we have to put it into perspective for them. They got to compete and win at the largest Allstar nationals in the world. I expect that experience is what they'll remember in 20 years as opposed to the dusty jacket in the back of their closet.

The good news is that Cheersport is a company that thrives on customer feedback. I expect they will not run out of jackets again.

I agree with those who feel that cheersport does a great job producing this event. Running an on time event with over 900 teams is commendable and I felt the whole experience was positive for both athlete & spectator. My only feedback in regards to improvement would be:
1). Location of awards - PLEASE put them back in building B.
2). Awards Ceremony - Coaches-PLEASE respect the other teams in your division/on stage at your awards ceremony by not pulling your teams off stage until awards are completed. Imagine how frustrating it must be to wait patiently & anxiously for your division especially if it is the last one announced and then have full teams standing up and clearing the stage before the winner is even announced.
3). Jackets - I'm certain the issue will be corrected for next year.

I agree with those who feel that cheersport does a great job producing this event. Running an on time event with over 900 teams is commendable and I felt the whole experience was positive for both athlete & spectator. My only feedback in regards to improvement would be:
2). Awards Ceremony - Coaches-PLEASE respect the other teams in your division/on stage at your awards ceremony by not pulling your teams off stage until awards are completed. Imagine how frustrating it must be to wait patiently & anxiously for your division especially if it is the last one announced and then have full teams standing up and clearing the stage before the winner is even announced.

Good feedback! Since CP has never competed there I am always a little confused how awards run. It seems some teams leave the stage through the back opening. I just assumed Cheersport sent them off once their name was called. What's the actual procedure?

They leave the awards to take an official CHEERSPORT picture and get jackets if they win. Otherwise they should stay.

They leave the awards to take an official CHEERSPORT picture and get jackets if they win. Otherwise they should stay.

Unless they have somehwhere to crossover to! HA HA!
For real though, crossovers sometimes have to run off and get to warmups.

In the awards ceremony I was referencing, it wasn't the winners that were the issue. By the time the winner of the last division was announced the only teams left on the stage where the top 3 teams in that division. When the winning team went to get their banner & take pictures they were blocked by athletes leaving the stage. As cheersport allows the parents/supports up to the front of the stage to take pictures of the winners (another thing I like) you could see them trying to wave them out of the way so they could see their team & take their pictures.

Coming from a gym that doesn't allow our kids to compete there, I can GUARANTEE my CP would give most anything to be able to just step on the stage and compete at CHEERSPORT let alone win a title and jacket. Seeing CP sit in the crowd this weekend and watch teams perform while knowing that she won't get that opportunity was tough! It is unfortunate some kids didn't get the jacket immediately but they will get them eventually. I say be thankful for the experience.

Just wondering why your gym does not compete at Cheersport?

I didn't know that
eek.png

Good feedback! Since CP has never competed there I am always a little confused how awards run. It seems some teams leave the stage through the back opening. I just assumed Cheersport sent them off once their name was called. What's the actual procedure?

Completely agree with moving awards back into Building B - I don't mind the walk but it took forever to get back through security and I missed 4 of our gyms performances because it took so long to walk back and forth.
It was my understanding that the teams were asked to leave after their division was placed at awards. I am not positive on this, so it would be great to hear from anyone who does know for sure, but I do know it is the only awards ceremony that our gym has ever left before it's completion.

In reference to #2:

I believe after a teams name is called they should exit the floor immediately. For a couple of reasons:
#1. It let's the winning team have the spotlight. (observe NCA awards)
#2. It helps clear the stage faster.

Back