OT Christmas Lists 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I use Carol's Daughter shampoo and conditioner. They're only $12 a bottle. I would recommend black hair care products (mainly shampoo and conditioners) for anyone with curly hair...or hair with texture. Shea moisture and mixed chicks are also good and are in the same $12 price range.

Also. Like I said Trader Joes shampoos is good for all hair types and it's like $5 a bottle
Thanks :) we just got a Trader Joes in our area which is about 30 mins from my house. They put it in the worst possible area - small complex- horrible parking. It's like a nightmare to get in and out of. Since it's been open awhile maybe the hype has calmed down a little and I will venture there again.

Okay I need kid help from the girls on here! My 13 year old came to be and said she wanted "hipster" clothes. The pictures she showed me was a lot of flannel, slouchy beanies, cut off jean shorts with leggings or tights...very 90's grunge rock. I found some stuff on Urban Outfitters (which was my store as a teen) but what other stores sell that style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aeropostale would be good for her too. Forever 21 was mentioned, American Eagle, hollister might have some stuff she likes, Charlotte Russe, debs. Also consignment shops! That might be fun to go thrift shopping for a few hours with her.

Thanks :) we just got a Trader Joes in our area which is about 30 mins from my house. They put it in the worst possible area - small complex- horrible parking. It's like a nightmare to get in and out of. Since it's been open awhile maybe the hype has calmed down a little and I will venture there again.

You basically described the TJ parking lot of EVERY Trader Joes I've ever been to

And I've been to at least 5

You basically described the TJ parking lot of EVERY Trader Joes I've ever been to

We just got a trader joes in our area too. I waited like three weeks for the crowd to die down before I went with my mom. We had to park in the lot of the the store NEXT to TJ. I can't imagine what it must've been like opening day!

I was impressed with a lot of the stuff they had but I wouldn't shop there 24/7. We went before halloween and EVERYTHING was pumpkin flavored. I don't like pumpkin anything so that was a bit disappointing. But we got their dried coconut strips and those were pretty good! And pomegranate vinegar. That was interesting. They had a lot of fun stuff and if I threw parties and entertained, I'd probably shop there a bit more.

It's the only one in our area and new so I thought that was why. But they seriously put it in the worst spot ever - like I can think of better places that you don't feel like you are going to lose your life over a parking spot.

It's the only one in our area and new so I thought that was why. But they seriously put it in the worst spot ever - like I can think of better places that you don't feel like you are going to lose your life over a parking spot.

I've gone in Columbia, Charleston, Charlotte, Atlanta (I think), Greenville and Chicago and they're always on the most difficult places to maneuver. Granted the one in Chicago was downtown to begin with.

The one here in columbia isn't that bad sometimes.

I've also noticed that sometimes TJ does one of those things where the parking lot is PACKED but inside looks like everyone must've come in two cars each.

I typically notice that at Walmart as well

Same here! Why is that?
I know I keep complaining about ours lol but if you try to make a left hand turn into it there is no arrow at the traffic light so you can sit there - and then when you have a clear spot you can't turn because there is no room because the way the parking lot is set up cars are backed up to the road waiting for a spot. The parking lot is small and narrow, not very big. With the amount of traffic and business they knew the store would get they jammed it into this small complex. I have been scared to go back lol.

For some reason this Christmas I decided that I didn't want anything. My life is wonderful how it is, I don't think there's anything in the world that could make me more happy. However, my 18th birthday is Christmas Eve, and my mother begged me to ask for something, so I asked for a Fit Bit Flex. Has anyone gotten one of these? If so, do you like it?

I love my flex! I wish I had the new one, the Charge, however. The time display is really useful.

Okay I need kid help from the girls on here! My 13 year old came to be and said she wanted "hipster" clothes. The pictures she showed me was a lot of flannel, slouchy beanies, cut off jean shorts with leggings or tights...very 90's grunge rock. I found some stuff on Urban Outfitters (which was my store as a teen) but what other stores sell that style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh my, that's a challenging request. I love Urban and that's a great place to start. You may also want to check Pac Sun and other surf shops. I got a cute pair of studded combat boots at Charlotte Russe last year...those may be appropriate.

Someone help! My boyfriend and I are both 21 and I have no idea what to get him. He likes the Packers, video games, jack daniels, and cooking(but his kitchen really sucks haha)

Walmart of all places has some really nice gift sets that are pretty inexpensive. I got my stepdad a new razor with some kind of ball and socket rotating head that was packaged with a big can of shaving cream for $10. They have big packs of hot sauces, drink mixing sets, etc. Then also some nice Starbucks gift sets that come with mugs that would make great teacher or coworker gifts.

After I looked at some roombas, I decided against getting my mom one. I wouldn't want to buy a cheaper brand because I'm not sure if it would work well, and the actual roomba brand ones are so expensive. I decided to get her a Michael Kors watch. My grandma bought me one for my birthday and my mom got a little jealous. Nordstrom Rack had a whole case full of MK watches. The one I got her is silver with some rhinestones. It was originally $275 but I got it for $130 :D so if you're looking for MK watches, Nordstrom Rack is a great place to go!

After I looked at some roombas, I decided against getting my mom one. I wouldn't want to buy a cheaper brand because I'm not sure if it would work well, and the actual roomba brand ones are so expensive. I decided to get her a Michael Kors watch. My grandma bought me one for my birthday and my mom got a little jealous. Nordstrom Rack had a whole case full of MK watches. The one I got her is silver with some rhinestones. It was originally $275 but I got it for $130 :D so if you're looking for MK watches, Nordstrom Rack is a great place to go!

If your mom has a dog then maybe forgoing the roomba was a good idea.

13288a248c42a7fea95347146493b2be.jpg

ETA: this is not my dog. But it's still funny.

Last edited:
Back