OT Christmas Lists 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ok double post.

What do 10 year old girls like/what is your 10 year old asking for for Christmas? Those Angel Trees don't specify what the kids want :p I don't even remember what I liked at that age. Like Gameboy Colors or something?

I was thinking a book with how to make friendship bracelets with string but is that still a thing kids do? Is frozen big at that age? There are no kids in my family, the youngest of my cousins is 19.

Last edited:
If your mom has a dog then maybe forgoing the roomba was a good idea.

13288a248c42a7fea95347146493b2be.jpg
Lmao. We have a fiesty dog and a psycho cat so she's definitely getting a roomba for her birthday in January. Entertainment and house cleaning in one [emoji14]

Ok double post.

What do 10 year old girls like? Those Angel Trees don't specify what the kids want :p I don't even remember what I liked at that age. Like gameboy colors or something?

I was thinking a book with how to make friendship bracelets with string but I that still a thing kids do? Is frozen big at that age? There are no kids in my family, the youngest of my cousins is 19.
You're always safe with crafts. I have two ten year old girl cousins and both love to draw and create. Stuff from Justice is also good. I usually do a craft and a hat/gloves set for the angel trees.

You're always safe with crafts. I have two ten year old girl cousins and both love to draw and create. Stuff from Justice is also good. I usually do a craft and a hat/gloves set for the angel trees.

I was thinking gloves that you can text in would be good and then something else. Crafts is good to know! Thanks! That gives me a ton of ideas :)

I googled "What do 10 year old girls want for Christmas" and some 12 year old said she wants MK watches. Ummm never in my life would I get an MK watch for a twelve year old. You can get a look alike one from Claire's, hunny.

Ok double post.

What do 10 year old girls like/what is your 10 year old asking for for Christmas? Those Angel Trees don't specify what the kids want :p I don't even remember what I liked at that age. Like Gameboy Colors or something?

I was thinking a book with how to make friendship bracelets with string but is that still a thing kids do? Is frozen big at that age? There are no kids in my family, the youngest of my cousins is 19.

I got my niece a nerf bow and arrow so far....partly because she likes the hunger games and partly because I want to use it

I also got her American Girl craft kits out of Michaels

She's 9

I finally have my act together and figured out what I want for Christmas and what I'm giving for Christmas (kinda.)
I'm wanting a rain jacket, new windshield wipers for my car, and a TI 84 plus C Silver Edition calculator. Exciting stuff, right?
I'm giving my mom a new pasta dish set, my dad is getting an original stereo for its '71 VW bug, my grandma is getting a few books, and I have no idea what I'm getting my brother. But I'm not worried because he'll tell me exactly what he wants and will send me a link to buy it soon enough.

Thanks :) we just got a Trader Joes in our area which is about 30 mins from my house. They put it in the worst possible area - small complex- horrible parking. It's like a nightmare to get in and out of. Since it's been open awhile maybe the hype has calmed down a little and I will venture there again.
I know I'm late, but...

The hype never dies down. Lol

Ours is in a triangle shaped parking lot, on a diagonal street. And no, the triangle and the diagonal don't line up.

Clusterf*** does not begin to describe the situation. The train goes right there, but how am I supposed to get home with all my bags? [emoji15]

Luckily there is also one by my job (downtown, so no parking) so I just go a LOT and carry the stuff on the train.

No idea why they can't have decent parking at their stores. It's not even just the smallness of the lots... They're also always weird shaped, tiny spaces, and turn out onto some crazy street with poor visibility. Their products and their prices are worth all the drama.

After I looked at some roombas, I decided against getting my mom one. I wouldn't want to buy a cheaper brand because I'm not sure if it would work well, and the actual roomba brand ones are so expensive. I decided to get her a Michael Kors watch. My grandma bought me one for my birthday and my mom got a little jealous. Nordstrom Rack had a whole case full of MK watches. The one I got her is silver with some rhinestones. It was originally $275 but I got it for $130 :D so if you're looking for MK watches, Nordstrom Rack is a great place to go!

So, in reality, the "cheaper brands" aren't necessarily worse. Roomba prices theirs the way they do because of it's name power, just like Dysons. For the price of a Dyson vacuum cleaner, you can get a much better one.

I've been looking at the Neato brand of robot vacuum. I want one so bad!

So, in reality, the "cheaper brands" aren't necessarily worse. Roomba prices theirs the way they do because of it's name power, just like Dysons. For the price of a Dyson vacuum cleaner, you can get a much better one.

I've been looking at the Neato brand of robot vacuum. I want one so bad!

We can throw MacBooks in there too....

True. I have a MacBook. And a Dyson (which I got on super sale with gifts cards and my registry completion discount). I just can't justify $500 for a robot vacuum.
Do you like your Dyson? I bought one a few years ago, and it's horrible. It doesn't do anything - just moves dirt around. But everyone I know loves theirs, so I'm thinking i just got a lemon.

I like my vacuums to leave rows in the carpet, like a lawn mower. Trying to find a new one that is super strong - like it's going to actually suck the carpet off the floor. Should I try another Dyson?

(Side note - our Roomba gets stuck under furniture all the time. Sad face. And our cat is completely terrified of it. I was hoping to make cool cat videos of him riding around on it in costumes. No such luck.)

Do you like your Dyson? I bought one a few years ago, and it's horrible. It doesn't do anything - just moves dirt around. But everyone I know loves theirs, so I'm thinking i just got a lemon.

I like my vacuums to leave rows in the carpet, like a lawn mower. Trying to find a new one that is super strong - like it's going to actually suck the carpet off the floor. Should I try another Dyson?

(Side note - our Roomba gets stuck under furniture all the time. Sad face. And our cat is completely terrified of it. I was hoping to make cool cat videos of him riding around on it in costumes. No such luck.)

I think I like it. Mostly it just seems to suck up material from our new rugs that shed. I don't vacuum all that much, it's generally at the bottom of my chore list and I rarely get to it.

We got it for like $70 with gift cards and completion discounts. I don't know that I would pay hundreds for it.

I want a robot vacuum that can do hardwood floors for my main floor. They get so dirty. But it needs to also handle the area rug in our living room. And not fall down the stairs to the garage. I think the Neato supports all that.

i have a good old fashion dirt devil (well not old fashioned - it's a new model, but i never hear of that brand mentioned anymore) and it's the most powerful vacuum i've ever used. it even leaves the line imprints on my apartment's old, smushed carpet. i like to make triangles. i have a problem, i know. but it looks so nice and uniform.

we got my mom a roomba once and it got stuck under everything and between rooms we had those metal... strips? dividers? idk what they're called but the line of metal in a doorway separating rooms and the roomba couldn't get over them so it got trapped in whatever room you put it in. she ended up returning it.

I have a Shark and it is far better than my Dyson ever was and much cheaper.

i have a good old fashion dirt devil (well not old fashioned - it's a new model, but i never hear of that brand mentioned anymore) and it's the most powerful vacuum i've ever used. it even leaves the line imprints on my apartment's old, smushed carpet. i like to make triangles. i have a problem, i know. but it looks so nice and uniform.

we got my mom a roomba once and it got stuck under everything and between rooms we had those metal... strips? dividers? idk what they're called but the line of metal in a doorway separating rooms and the roomba couldn't get over them so it got trapped in whatever room you put it in. she ended up returning it.
You wouldn't happen to know which model it is, would you? I like to make triangles too. [emoji15]

Back