All-Star Competition Survival Kits - Guys/males/boys

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Since so many people rely on cellphones these days, I've found that few people actually know important phone numbers without having them saved to contacts. It might be nice to make a laminated "phone card" with important numbers in case an athlete loses their phone or gets lost and needs to borrow someone elses.
Excellent Idea! I think I'm going to do this for my athletes and parents!

Back when I was a team dad all of us team parents had a gym kit we carried around for our teams. We all customized for our athletes (mine was all-girl) but knew that we could help each other out if something was missing.

I'll put a list here and change it as I remember stuff:

Athletic tape
Motrin (ibuprofen)
Tylenol
Benadryl (for allergic reactions)
A "girl kit" (in a discrete portable pouch - don't show it, just hand it to them when they have to tend to young lady needs)
Bobby pins
Hair bands
Safety pins (saves emergency uniform splits)
Crazy glue (fixes bows and uniform sequenze and stuff)
Tide bleach stick
Your team's make-up kit
First aid kid
Waters
Energy/meal bars
Snacks like fruit and little snack packs
A pouch to store rings/necklaces/earrings during competition
Spare bows
Potable charger with multiple USB inputs and/or spare chargin tips

I'll edit and add as required. This may help with a goody bag idea, but you'll find if the kids know you have a kit like this they will start coming to you whenever they need something.

Oh my gosh that's awesome!!! I'm THAT athlete that has just about everything including the kitchen sink in their bag on comp days. Headache? I've got the advil. Sore muscles? I've got that Icy Hot. You need tape? yup i've got that too. Did someone say they forgot their socks?! :eek: I HAVE SPARE SOCKS!!! hahahaha yes I am one of those prepared for the end of the world to happen at comps people. I even have a mini pouch with spare cash, cause ya never know what's going to happen.

Oh my gosh that's awesome!!! I'm THAT athlete that has just about everything including the kitchen sink in their bag on comp days. Headache? I've got the advil. Sore muscles? I've got that Icy Hot. You need tape? yup i've got that too. Did someone say they forgot their socks?! :eek: I HAVE SPARE SOCKS!!! hahahaha yes I am one of those prepared for the end of the world to happen at comps people. I even have a mini pouch with spare cash, cause ya never know what's going to happen.

That is my daughter if you even include those instant ice packs, enough food for the apocalypse, and any kind of hair product needed (helps that I work for a haircare product company).

Forgot ice bags (zip locks or other substitute that can be used) and hair spray. I'll add them to list

Since so many people rely on cellphones these days, I've found that few people actually know important phone numbers without having them saved to contacts. It might be nice to make a laminated "phone card" with important numbers in case an athlete loses their phone or gets lost and needs to borrow someone elses.
We did this as well for big comps to include other team parent numbers. It's a great idea and has helped a lot.

Forgot ice bags (zip locks or other substitute that can be used) and hair spray. I'll add them to list

Ziplocs have been one of the most helpful suggestions that I have got during my 3 years on FB. I never would have thought if using them to get ice quickly for an athlete, but I have done it four times LOL! It is so much easier to just get it from the concession stand than walking all the way to the first aid station.

Three times or so there were boys who came in wrong color socks, or got socks wet, or forgot socks:)

That is my daughter if you even include those instant ice packs, enough food for the apocalypse, and any kind of hair product needed (helps that I work for a haircare product company).

:eek: Instant Ice Packs?! *runs out and instantly buys 20*

Three times or so there were boys who came in wrong color socks, or got socks wet, or forgot socks:)

Hooooow do they get wet socks? (other than rain but why would they be outside in the rain in cheer shoes?! why are cheer shoes being worn outside?! sacrilege! haha)

:eek: Instant Ice Packs?! *runs out and instantly buys 20*

Hooooow do they get wet socks? (other than rain but why would they be outside in the rain in cheer shoes?! why are cheer shoes being worn outside?! sacrilege! haha)
My daughter is the one that is always hurt in some way or another. We started keeping at least two boxes of the instant ice packs on us always. I sometimes have at least one as well depending on if I can take a bag into the competition.

Back